Marriage Proposal and Being Fat

Options
cherrypeach1
cherrypeach1 Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you feels it's important to look and feel your best when your significant other proposes marriage to you?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not.
  • cherrypeach1
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't want to do it while standing in a vat of raw sewage but the fact that somebody was asking me to marry him would make me feel pretty good on its own. Are you talking about waiting to lose weight/get in shape before getting engaged or are you talking about being dressed up or what? This is a vague question.

Both...but mainly the former. You're totally right, though. Just having someone propose would be amazing.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What could I expect? I weighed 270 when I proposed.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Nope. My first was in a dive bar, second was while I just woke up with my hair a mess, unbrushed teeth, etc.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Honestly looking back I wish I hadn't been so overweight when we got engaged (and obese when we got married). When I look at our wedding pictures I look terrible and its fairly stressful now that I've lost most of the weight trying to figure out if they can even resize my very expensive wedding set appropriately :(
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    No.

I feel it's important to look and feel my best for my own peace of mind though.

This all the way! That is why I am here everyday striving to feel better than the last and my main motivation for weight loss is to look my best.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Honestly looking back I wish I hadn't been so overweight when we got engaged (and obese when we got married). When I look at our wedding pictures I look terrible and its fairly stressful now that I've lost most of the weight trying to figure out if they can even resize my very expensive wedding set appropriately :(

So get new ones made.
  • cherrypeach1
    Options
    Do you feels it's important to look and feel your best when your significant other proposes marriage to you?

How do you know when someone's about to propose to you? By the time they're on one knee it's a bit odd to go do a few push ups ;)

Pretty sure I would feel my best, or at least feel bloody amazing, if my partner proposed marriage to commit to a life together. And honestly, I couldn't care less if he was in sweatpants and I was in pyjamas slumming on the couch.

This answer made me smile! Thank you. :)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    If there is a photographer involved I would hope my hair is brushed at least.