Memorial day summer weightloss kick-off

Options

Replies

• typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I had that problem with using my phone. Ended up having to use my computer.
  • cma51709
    cma51709 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 30: 251
    June 6:
    June 13:
    June 20:
    June 27:
    July 4:
    July 11:
    July 18:
    July 25:
    August 1:
    August 8:
    August 15:
    August 22:
    August 29:
    September 5:
  • cma51709
    cma51709 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot this started Monday but I did weigh myself...
    May 30: 251
    June 6:
    June 13:
    June 20:
    June 27:
    July 4:
    July 11:
    July 18:
    July 25:
    August 1:
    August 8:
    August 15:
    August 22:
    August 29:
    September 5:
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to lost mine but here is mine from Monday.
    My goal weight at the end of this challenge is 215
    May 30: 241
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    MaxT370 wrote: »
    Since the challenge is officially started, what are some of the ways you plan to stick to the things you're doing? What are you all doing?

I plan to continue my diet changes; no sugar, no fruit and no grains. Grass fed meats, antibiotic free chicken, grass fed cheeses, protein shakes every morning.

Exercise wise continue the high intensity metabolic conditioning daily, continue my twice daily back strengthening exercises, twice daily hip therapy exercises and walking at night.

I plane to eat more of Gods foods! (food in there first from and organic)

I will not eat carb at dinner vary often. So dinner is going to lots of veggies.

For my workout routine o will be doing some of the beach body programs that I have until I think it's next week and then I will be doing probably mostly p90x2. I really like all the balance in it! While I will be doing that I am going to do some Brazil butt lift and sometime switch up the workouts with body beast ones.
    If you have any questions about my
    routine or eating you can just ask me :-)

Also feel free to add me as a friend :)

• LornaDrach
    LornaDrach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My plans include continuing to get up at 540 and walk or do the 22 min hard Corp workouts. Keeping my nutrition on point and staying active through the day
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat all the foods I want that are within my macro ratios and eat at a calorie deficit each week (was so glad to find this system and add bacon and whole fat cheese back into my diet after being 'low fat' for many years - so tired of depriving myself of foods I love).

I have joined a 24 hour / month workout challenge thread for June, and since that is more than I worked out last month, I plan to keep up with that. I hope to put more 'play' into my cardio so it is more fun than feeling like a chore. I have a goal of at least 4 cardio sessions and 1-2 strength training sessions a week. I also have joined a plank challenge thread, so I'm also working on my core with planks.
  • ehumbert08
    ehumbert08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had that problem with using my phone. Ended up having to use my computer.

Ok I don't have a computer so I'll just keep posting here.
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    I also have joined a plank challenge thread, so I'm also working on my core with planks.

Wow, Planks are rough sometimes! There's a move in one of my core work outs called a plank speed kick, where you're in plank and then kicking your feet up and down. Good for the core!
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I also have joined a plank challenge thread, so I'm also working on my core with planks.

Wow, Planks are rough sometimes! There's a move in one of my core work outs called a plank speed kick, where you're in plank and then kicking your feet up and down. Good for the core!

Yea, I'm only up to 60 seconds (day 10 of a 30 day challenge) and it's already kicking my butt. I'm not really sure I'll be able to do some of the times as they build up in one set, but I will try - worst case, it takes me 2-3 sets to get through them. My paddleboarding requires a LOT of core, so I'm hoping the planks will help with that, and that the paddleboarding will help with the planks. ;)

There is no way I could add a kick to it too...good on you for being able to do that!! I had one of my friends tell me about reverse planks, where you lean back on your elbows with your belly up...those are even worse than regular ones (if that is possible)!! It's amazing to me the various exercises these days...stuff we would have never dreamed of doing 20-30 years ago.
  • crazylibraluv
    crazylibraluv Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5/27=165 lbs
    6/1=163 lbs
    6/3=160 lbs
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Since I'm a Friday recorder (I actually weigh in daily), here's my stats. I've updated the spreadsheet, but since there is no room for measurements, I'm also posting here to track them since I have yet to find the group that was supposed to be formed...

51 yo female; 5'3"
    Starting Weight (5/20/2016): 149 lbs
    Starting Measurements (Chest/Waist/Hips): 36"/31"/40.5"

May 27: 146.2 lbs C/W/H: 35.5"/30"/40"
    June 3: 145.2 lbs C/W/H: 35"/30.25"/40.25"
    June 10:
    June 17:
    June 24:
    July 1:
    July 8:
    July 15:
    July 22:
    July 29:
    Aug 5:
    Aug 12:
    Aug 19:
    Aug 26:
    Sep 2:

Challenge GW: 130
    GW: 120

I'm glad to see it went in the right direction since last week; however, I have been in the 145's multiple times this week, so was really hoping to see 144's. But a pound is better than nothing and right on target!!
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    Can this challenge be created as a group instead of a thread so that they spreadsheet could be at the top, or is there an easier way to find the spreadsheet link instead of having to go through the thread each week to find it.
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Can this challenge be created as a group instead of a thread so that they spreadsheet could be at the top, or is there an easier way to find the spreadsheet link instead of having to go through the thread each week to find it.

The OP said they were creating a group, but didn't provide a pointer/URL to it. So don't know if it has been created or not. Also, if you want to get to the spreadsheet easily, you can bookmark it in your browser.

(And congrats on the great weight loss this week @typeitdaily! Wow!)

Here it is for those looking for it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNd-Bui0ON3KbIhQZIcZoJHV7s8PlWVy3U4R4j6Wea0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,360 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I weigh in on Fridays. Good luck, everyone!

CW: 137.6
    SW: 137.6
    GW: 130.0

06/03: 137.6
    06/10:
    06/17:
    06/24:
    07/01:
    07/08:
    07/15:
    07/22:
    07/29:
    08/05:
    08/12:
    08/19:
    08/26:
    09/02:

Chris
  • MaxT370
    Options

The OP said they were creating a group, but didn't provide a pointer/URL to it. So don't know if it has been created or not.

Someone should just make a group.

• MaxT370
    Options

Yea, I'm only up to 60 seconds (day 10 of a 30 day challenge) and it's already kicking my butt. I'm not really sure I'll be able to do some of the times as they build up in one set, but I will try - worst case, it takes me 2-3 sets to get through them. My paddleboarding requires a LOT of core, so I'm hoping the planks will help with that, and that the paddleboarding will help with the planks. ;)

There is no way I could add a kick to it too...good on you for being able to do that!! I had one of my friends tell me about reverse planks, where you lean back on your elbows with your belly up...those are even worse than regular ones (if that is possible)!! It's amazing to me the various exercises these days...stuff we would have never dreamed of doing 20-30 years ago.

I have to do them leaning against something, like a bench! No way I could do a standard plank on the floor or something and add kicks. Paddleboarding sounds fun!
  • typeitdaily
    Options

The OP said they were creating a group, but didn't provide a pointer/URL to it. So don't know if it has been created or not. Also, if you want to get to the spreadsheet easily, you can bookmark it in your browser.

(And congrats on the great weight loss this week @typeitdaily! Wow!)

Here it is for those looking for it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNd-Bui0ON3KbIhQZIcZoJHV7s8PlWVy3U4R4j6Wea0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Thank you! I couldn't believe it when I saw it and it put me at my first of many goals!
  • love8832016
    love8832016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • love8832016
    love8832016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What spreadsheet??