Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Charleen2 wrote: »
    Still have not seen Bugs bunny back in the past 2 days. I'll give it a few more days of being Bugs free before I declare success.

I had a lot of strwberries ripen all at once so I got a nice harvest of strawberries. Strange - I usually have issues with the birds getting in them but not this year. I wonder if that funny pink flammigo I stuck in the patch has anything to do with it? For those who may not know what I am referring to, I've added a photo.

I have a flock of flammigos that regularly 'wander' into my neighbrs yard to announce a special occasion. Yeah, my neighbors still love me. :D
    xs6wzsbnwhl0.jpg

Bunnies -1 Charleen - feeling optimistic

Charleen in Colorado (on to the next big project)

oooh you Were FLOCKED...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Ugh
    Just ate a whole bag of pretzel crisps
    And I was doing so well
    ugh
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ugh
    And I was doing so well
    ugh

You are in the drivers seat of your own life Karen :smile: So, tomorrow shall be better! Don't mentally beat yourself up about it. My motto these days is...I bite it...I write it. So look at the bags nutritional part, log it, and drink water to flush out all that salt!
    Hugs!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ugh
    And I was doing so well
    ugh

Now go throw up! Just kidding, just learn from theis and go forward
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Pip I am laughing right now (not that bulimia is a laughing matter) because I was looking at another thread where people somehow picked up from the person's username that she was pro-ana (pro-anorexic) so I got curious and started looking around at various pro-anorexia sites and received quite an education this evening. People actually encourage each other to set goal weights of under 100 lbs and give each other tips of how to achieve their goals and hide it from their families, etc. Had no idea...so I have been reading about throwing up and other unappealing methods for controlling weight. Funny coincidence that you would post that tongue in cheek suggestion

...with all due respect and sensitivity to folks on this thread who may struggle with anorexia/bulimia/binge eating/etc.

Karen in Virginia

p.s. Becca yeah I logged the whole damn bag. I had a few left in there so I ate them so I could just go ahead and experience the entire humiliation of logging an entire bag t9409.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh, wish I could have some of those tomatoes. A few of us kids took after my Mom and we eat sugar on our tomatoes. Sweet n low is fine also. But they sure don't look like anything we get in the grocery store.

DJ, I hope they fit also but if I consider Charlie's experience, it will take several fittings. But he was really picky and mine area flexible upper plate and his was rigid. I have no idea whether that will make any difference at all. And since all three teeth are on the sides, I am not going to be picky on whether the color is matching.

Funny thing happened. Charlie has been wanting to go see the new Independence Day. But I really couldn't remember the old one so I said I wanted to see it first. I checked Netflix, Red Box and couldn't find it. It is on our DirectV on demand but we dont' have it connected to the computer so don't get on demand. So Michele was over here yesterday helping us move chair downstairs and then move our small entertainment center back on an angle so I can have my picture window back. We put it together ourselves and rarely use the closed shelf since the doors don't match and you have to hold your mouth a certain way to close it right. So it opens up and she decides to look through the movies and there was Independence Day! So we had a date night tonight. By the end of it I had remembered all of it but that's OK. I enjoyed it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - played a little tennis, rode on peddle boats and spent some time today at the pool. It was nice and relaxing. Tomorrow I will walk in the morning and the we are heading into town for a little shopping.

Chris- I've had my share of jobs that eat into your personal life. In my experience, they will keep hoping for it to get better but will continue to pile the work on you. I'm sorry you are going through this and hope you see an end to it soon.

Hugs to all,
    Linda, currently at the lake in MO
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Chris - wow! I'm sorry that you are being taken advantage of. I'm glad you have other prospects. Hang in there! Your PB is awesome! Stay strong and keep bringing your own food! (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Chris, Honey...

If it doesn't "settle down" in the next two or three weeks, it never will... I have had that job... keep burning up the net with your resume... there must be something better out there. Killing yourself isn't really the best option....and I have yet to see a headstone that reads "Her company really appreciated her working long hours."

So... you give it another couple of weeks and then you go sit down with the person that hired you. Explain that you have given them ample time to correct the "short staff" issue and that you cannot continue to work this ridiculous number of hours. The thing is, if they are really short staffed, they won't be able to fire you... and if they can't get you to work like two people, maybe, just maybe, they will be inspired to hire that extra staff. *hugs!*

Who was it that wanted the crockpot recipes? Raise your hand, please. I have gathered them together so I can send them, but now I can't find the post... sorry! I have taste tested all the recipes that I have gathered... so, I hope you like them. The crockpot is my best friend, I tell ya... aside from you ladies!

Well, it's late here, so I am off to sleep... another exotic and exciting week awaits...

Night All!

Re in TX

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Re~ i would love the recipes... if you haven't friended me yet, please do..
    I am going to see if Dr Chi will write a script for me for antibiotic, think I have a UTI or bladder infection and need antibiotics to kick in before I go on my trip.
    I woke up at 3:15 this morning.... did get my 8 hrs of sleep
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Monday!
    Chris- Ugh! So sorry about the hours! My dh works in IT and he works hours like that one week a month. I hate his job; he hates his job; but the bills need to be paid and when you are over a certain age, it becomes very hard to find a job in certain career paths. I feel for ya and hope all calms down.
    Karen- Don't sweat the bag of pretzel chips. I just went through a week of "vacation eating". Glad I stayed pretty active so no extra poundage to deal with, but it sure got my good habits off track. We can jump back on the healthy choice bandwagon together! 1-2-3...JUMP!

Back to work after a week off and it was a glorious week. My 5:30 girl slept in and didn't show up until 6:30; but when she arrived I got a big hug and an "I missed you so much!" I feel better about my week already!

Have a great day everyone!
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @KJLaMore t31201.gif

Jumping!

@jmkmomm Joyce Saw Independence Day: The Resurgence in 3D on Friday. We loved it. It is a true sequel unlike some "Part II" movies. Have always loved the original movie also. The sequel has plenty of familiar faces in it. h01145.gif

Chris I admire your "can do" attitude. I do sincerely hope that some brilliant idea and incredible surge of creative energy supplies you with a way to start another business of your very own where you can be your own boss again and get out from under 90 hour weeks with inadequate compensation. Salaried positions sometimes translate into a very low hourly wage and lots of responsibility without much autonomy. Hope you either come to love it, or have a way to get out. In the meantime, kudos for your positive attitude!!

@Vickil57 Vicki Grand Island Still think about you daily, not forgotten...

@csofled Cheri You are a beast. I do not know how you do what you do...how many miles have you and hubby traveled this summer? I am pretty sure you have been away from home more days than you've been home. This is a migratory time for your whole family, it seems! I haven't heard a peep from your daughter, I am sure she must be doing fine, but I do have that little mother's anxiety for her and wonder if I should be checking on her, isn't that silly?

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning again ladies~
    I am all set and ready for work.. made Toms lunch and he will cook hot dogs on grill for dinner.. will maybe whip up some muffins to have for him while I am gone... Hope everyone enjoyed there weekend, is nice to have 2 weekends off in a row,, will see instead of 10:30 on weds if I can go in for 9.. and not eat up as much vacation time for friday, and since I am taking friday wont get paid for monday... but hey what can ya do
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'll be 50 in September... close counts, right??? :O)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Re: I was the one asking for the crock pot recipes. Notice it didn't take me long to raise my hand :)

Carey - N Alberta
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Another week started and I'm off to a good start activity wise. Just came back from a 2.7 mile walk with 2 pound hand weights. Dripping as it is getting humid outside. Well, off to a shower and finish paperwork needed for my therapist. I finally broke down and contacted one. I should have done this a long time ago.

Rita from CT