WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ What a sweetheart your hubby is!

We've had the roof checked at the rental house and they do not think it is hail damage. :'( Just time to replace.

DnL said she would help me paint so i have to get the colors thought out and gather the equipment.

Carol
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My Navy son and his wife~

DanielleampPatrick_zpsssf1ploa.jpg

to make you tomato lovers mouths water~
    100_3335_zpsdtu6dwqw.jpg

Ok the birds are chirping...the sun is out...and its time for me to be a part of that. ((((hugs)))) to all that are hurting, sad, stressed, or feeling hopeless. May you be well, happy, carefree, and hopeful!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    annr - awwwwwwww
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Becca~ that is a mighty fine lookin tomato!!!! if we could get good ones like that I would buy them..
    and your son and DIL adorable.. and your hubby is a sweetie...
    I am sitting down finally... made Tom ribs,grilled corn and mac and cheese..
    as the John Denver song goes, my bags are packed and Im ready to go....still have 3 days to go before thursday... but went and labeled dads carry on for him... and chatted for awhile..
    I am having a bit of a pity party.. since Tracy,Kyle and Taliah have been home she has been down ehre once for a few hours... Kyles family monopolizes them.. yesterday was Tals cousins first birthday so, friday night, and saterday night she stayed at her other grandmother,that has a pool.. I cant really say anything nice about her because she does have alot of issues..
    Tracy, Tal and I will get together when I get back to do something fun... have to look at it that way... at least they are here in the state and not 12 hrs away..
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

MicheleNC, ya know how you read things and silly things pop in your head? Well I read about your pain pills that you didn’t take after having the teeth pulled, but Vince did. I was wondering if he had sympathy pains for you? silly-face-smiley-emoticon.png

Beth, beautiful family! Happy for you that the graduation is over.

Lisa, glad your DH got the week off. Ya’ll have a ball.

Heather, I join all our other friends here in wishing there were something we could do to ease your misery. I just hate to see you so upset even though I understand. ((((Hugs))))

Barbie, “DUCK”!!! I think I see a lawnmower hurling through the air????

Chris, that is the pits about working such horrendous hours at straight pay. I do hope things improve soon. Glad PB is sticking around.

Joyce, I hope the plate fits perfectly on the first try.

Becca, I love the rose. I do think that is my favorite color!! I think he is a keeper, too. Great picture of your son and wife.

Allie, I get the impression that you are ready to hit the road! I hope you have a fabulous time. moon-from-car.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    It’s been such a busy couple of weeks that today has been a veg day. DH and I took Pepper(poodle) for a ride this morning looking at all the geese on the ponds around the neighborhoods. Yesterday I saw a mother duck and two different groups of ducklings on each side of her that must have had 12 or 15 in each group. They weren’t anywhere to be found today. Tomorrow it’s back to the gym.
    .Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! waving-good-afternoon-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    /
  • Annr
    Options
  • Annr
    Options
    Enjoy the sun people!
  • Annr
    Options
    Those were my tomatoes last year....only had a couple of really good ones, most were rotten on the underside. Not enough heat on the coast here!
  • Annr
    Options
    DJ~Yep, I am amazed by the way he handles everything. With good humor, positive outlook, and acknowledgement that you can't let things you have no control over you, bother you. Becca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    A bit more reading…. Pages 57 –61

Welcome hermosacita

Heather – Love the all bran story!

Vickie – welcome home, we are family you are welcome back, and we all have some members of the family that don’t check in as often but are loved when they check in – you are one.

Karen - Please at least tell a bit about some of these good recipes and then offer to pm…as while I get that others find them tempting, I read so many recipes for all the things I cook for that I am rarely tempted and love the new choices.

Heather, and others – I am with you on a box cake mix for a cake, but they are rather convenient as a base

Alison – I am so glad you talked to Dr. Ho…

Lisa – sorry 1 day a month is not really much more that a piece of paper with the word marriage on it…

Becca and others - So remember I am not a mom, I am a hugger and hug my nieces and nephews when I can, but my mom is not into physical affection at all… so about twice a year I’ll get a hug (I see her every 3 weeks or so) and it is the type where just arms and shoulders touch and it takes 10 seconds from the first lean to the done…. I’ve always thought she was odd, but you ladies are confirming it.

Heather – sorry to hear of all the noise, and of the uk election results… a interesting road ahead.

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week, graduation, visiting with Vickie, working in Eden garden, sailing in the pacific ocean
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
    -
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Can finally take a deep breath and relax. Wedding festivities have came to an end. Was easy to stay on track since my new Ddil is a healthy eater so there were so many healthy options. Danced the calories away. Little sad my DD father can not accept her for who she is. His lose though she has turned out to be an amazing woman.

Becca great pic. They look so young. Your DH is so sweet.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca – Sweet husband. Tomatoes look delicious! Our tomato lady did this past year; her husband picked what had developed; but, he isn’t going to do it this year. Those were “Sarah’s tomatoes”; so I guess we’ll have to get some from the stand down on the highway.

Lenora
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chris in MA – Are you SERIOUS about the job? That’s ‘criminal’. Have you ‘thought’ about reporting them to the Labor Department? In GA, by law, if you work over 40 hours; they have to pay you overtime (at time-and-a-half). Weekends, maybe the same, work on ‘holidays’ (double time). Women chained to their desks; are you being sarcastic? Electric monitor? WHAT have you done? Committed ‘murder’ or something? My @$$ would be 'gone' (if I had anything to do with it). GEEZ, I would have been 'gone' the first week; and, 'flip burgers' if I had to and/or get a 2nd job if I had to in order to pay my bills. Nobody should have to put up with that type of abuse.

Lenora

Leaving this job is not an option, flipping burgers would not even pay the mortgage even if I had 4 flipping jobs. I hope it settles down or one of my other prospects comes thru. I have to make the most of what I have to work with.

Thank you all for the support, it really, reallly means a lot. Wow, I posted twice in one day, things are looking up already!

Chris in MA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kim ... My mom and dad were not huggers either when I was growing up ... Personal spaces very well defined. It's taken me years to get used to our hugging culture. Although I hug my sons and husband liberally.

Heather ... I don't understand all the ramifications of Britains decision ... Sorry you are upset.

Karen NY ... Loved your graduation pic! Lots of anxiety on my part about Sons future... Heck I'm worked up about the orientation in July! My son deals with anxiety all the time, but now that HS is over seems more relaxed about college? He's met his roommate online already... Communicates through Facebook with others in his program . .. Some of the unknown is being erased. The school has orchestrated a lot of this. But realizing my baby is moving 800 miles away has me awake at night.

Becca ... I don't think I'd make a good military/navy mom!

Joyce ... Sons dad picked a tie out of his closet. I didn't realize it matched the gown until after I saw the pics!

Allie ... I missed what the dentist had to say ... Going back now in the posts.

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    Options
    /
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Did about 1-1/4 hr pilates DVD. Interesting...next time I'll finish the DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one more segment of the Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank and then take the extremepump class.

Beth - congrats on the graduation. You look so very proud -- and you should be

Joyce - sounds like you did well at CB.

Linda/IA - gorgeous pool and setting!

Say - I'm going to make a salad for this lady who lost her husband to ALS. Does anyone have a quick salad that I can make? I'll probably make a key lime cake and give her half of it (a person can only eat so much cake). She lost her husband in early June and I figure by now she's probably finished most of the casseroles people give you when someone in your family passes away. It being so hot, I was thinking that a salad would be better to make. I would like it to have meat in it.

katla - we're the same way. Have to check the calendar every day to see what we're scheduled to do....lol Between (just for me) going to mahjongg, going in my pool, ceramics (both of us), exercise, senior bowling (both of us), shooting (mostly Vince but sometimes me too), Newcomer socials if we can make them....seems time just flies

Just put an avocado in the refrig that had ripened. When I went to open the vege drawer, the avocado got caught and ripped open. I told you my veggie drawer was stuffed!

Going to the local community theater in a few hours.

KJ - sounds like you have a good plan. Don't you just hate it when the lawnmower doesn't do what it's supposed to do, especially when you need it. I feel for ya. Hope things work out for you. How I remember when our tractor broke down and I had to mow the entire yard with the self-propelled mower

pip - I'm in awe

Becca - what a sweet hubby you have there. You must have a sadistic side -- that tomato almost did me in

Chris - hoping things get better for you real soon

DJ - I don't think it's sympathy pains Vince has, he just has a VERY low tolerance for pain, and I do mean low. His father's reasoning was "you shouldn't be in pain because there are pain pills for that" I take as few pills as possible so we didn't really see eye-to-eye on that one

Anne - it is so good that there is another healthy eater in your family. Sure makes things a lot lot easier. Glad you had such a good time at the wedding

Michele in NC
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Still have not seen Bugs bunny back in the past 2 days. I'll give it a few more days of being Bugs free before I declare success.

I had a lot of strwberries ripen all at once so I got a nice harvest of strawberries. Strange - I usually have issues with the birds getting in them but not this year. I wonder if that funny pink flammigo I stuck in the patch has anything to do with it? For those who may not know what I am referring to, I've added a photo.

I have a flock of flammigos that regularly 'wander' into my neighbrs yard to announce a special occasion. Yeah, my neighbors still love me. :D
    xs6wzsbnwhl0.jpg

Bunnies -1 Charleen - feeling optimistic

Charleen in Colorado (on to the next big project)