Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Had a good day today. Walked this morning, spent some time at the pool, a did some exploring around town to figure out where various things are located. Found a marina with reasonable rental prices so will rent a boat sometime this week. Found a great little hole in the wall restaurant tonight with live music. One man band playing mostly classic rock. Thoroughly enjoyed it and even drank a beer. Picture is of steps from our cabin down to our car then steps up to the pool and finally the pool.

Linda /IA

bkbjdme1bpfd.png
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    950031uf6l9pd3ly.gif It was a beautiful day for walking...my friend got back from Texas and came directly over to walk with me and tell me about her trip....the weather was perfect---65 degrees and sunny....the down side about the great weather was that other people were out walking, too, and Brandy found lots of dogs and people to bark at. We walked and talked for an hour and the dogs got to walk with us.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

Think I'm gonna have to head up to the beautiful NW. I could use some 65 degree days. I'm already tired of the heat and its not even July yet. :(

Glad you had a nice walk and visit with your friend.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Karen/NY - I loved the pics of your daughter. I looked at one and then the other and smiled and teared up thinking and that's about how fast it happens. They start school and your turn around and they are graduating. Now over half of my grandkids have graduated HS. She's a beautiful girl. Thanks for sharing.

Beth - I love the picture of your son's graduation. He has such an exciting adventure ahead in music. Thank you for sharing.

Penny - I enjoyed getting to see the picture of your daughter. I love putting faces on the people we hear about. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your time with the family. Glad your parents are doing well enough to have everyone once again.

Linda/IA (currently in MO) Gorgeous pics, thanks for sharing with us. Also I have to tell you I was wrong yesterday about how far away we are, it's more like a 3-1/2 to 4 hour drive from here to where you currently are. :)

Janetr OKC

• debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Having a great time with my family at the lake. Went swimming twice today. Nothing strenuous, leisurely moving and visiting with daughter and sister. Sticking to my eating plan. Yeah!
    Going to bed. Will try to check in again soon.

Debbie in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi gals –
    A week away and so much has gone on --- so I am reading in chunks!
    Page 52 is where I am starting!!!

Charleen - maintenance as a reward… hmm… If it sounds good to you I can’t see any harm, but I will say that I considered the plateaus as maintenance practice…

Margaret – Jo Cox – what a horrible senseless tragedy. Love the fairy garden, and the turtle… a favorite animal.

Miriam - My heart goes out to you and your family – there seems to be no right answers for those living at and below the poverty line…. It is so tough… I do a bit better than you, but not much.

Kevirt - welcome home!!!! Good luck job hunting

Re – great job

Barbie – I’ll cheer you on to yoga too…. Like Katla I love my class

Katla – so sad about your dd’s family – a death of anyone that young and the small children left is doubly sad.

Sue - I remember putting in 3 flats of marigolds for party did it the night before and by morning every one was gone.. the snails and slug when to party on my marigolds… but a small container of beer (even cheap flat beer) and they love it, crawl in and drown…

Page 56….. more tomorrow!

Freida - welcome

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week, graduation, visiting with Vickie, working in Eden garden,
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    spin- 98.12min, 94r 49w, 143mhr, 20mi = 623c
    Ride hm 2 numia's - 44.46min, 147mhr, 13.2amph, 9.8mi = 376c
    Ride numia's 2 hm- 44.15min, 10.9amph, 156mhr, 8mi = 396c
    total cal 1395
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    <3

:|:(:#:'(

Heather
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    m1247.gif <3

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Got the DH with me for a whole week! They approved his paid time off, since he was in a "use it or lose it" situation, and I'm thinking a week without him will do the ranch an awful lot of good. Everything breaks all the time on the ranch, and they need to understand what lengths he goes to in order to keep things running. No word yet on the decision on whether or not he can move into town with me and still keep his job, even though we know the GM's back in town.

So, I'm printing resumes for the DH to take everywhere in town, including Workforce (the state employment office).

With our luck, this will be the week nothing breaks out there! Hate being in a dither, with someone else in control of our lives... trying to just put it to the side and breathe.

Really enjoying having my dog, Daisy, with us. She's still uncertain--the yard here at the warehouse is smaller, but she's got access to the warehouse itself. She, too, is a little dithery, but I'm going to take her for a walk as soon as it's light, down to the old Fort parade ground, and I'm thinking that will help settle her down. We've brought her into town a few times, so she knows the place, but last night was her first overnight here.

I should be able to let her off leash without fear on an early Sunday morning. The problem is not her running away--she's really good with voice commands as long as we're alone--but other humans break her training because she's too friendly and wants to say hello. And, she's a good-sized dog. Kids, in particular, fascinate her.

Heather, I'm sorry, I'm sure it's all horribly upsetting.

Regards to all, and a hope for a peaceful Sunday,
    Lisa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :)Beth, congrats to your son on his graduation...all three of you look fabulous in your picture

<3 Barbie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth congratulations!! everyone looks so relieved and proud. Those ceremonies are exhausting! Don't know about you, but there is a ton of anxiety at our house over the unknown ahead.

Speaking of unknown, DH didn't even tell me he has a phone interview for a similar job but it has salary, benefits and pension. I found out from his friend that he has phone interview Tuesday. Guess he doesn't want both of us to get hopes up.

I have been the steady income for our family for the past 8 years before that it was always quite equal. I know it is very common for women to shoulder this but I must admit it is very stressful. Ah well, just have to keep going what will be will be <3
    NYKAREN who is tired from gardening yesterday.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, looks like more rain today!! I think I did enough housework yesterday. I am going outside to transplant some peppers into larger containers. It is cool out so it will be less stressful for them. I really wonder what I will do with weekends when I am retired!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all.. Or Howdy and a Whoop Whoop! No time to read the 80+ posts. We have a day of rental/house hunting in front of us. So far we love this area!!
    Have a good one.
    Cheri
    In the process of relocating to Texas
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Beth and Linda love the pictures.

Beth your son is a handsome young man.

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Love all the pictures everyone has shared! Good looking families and fun place to vacation!

Lisa ~ Enjoy the week with your hubby!

Went to inspect the rental house today. It reeked of cigarette smoke and the whole interior will have to be painted. Trying to enlist DnL to help before she goes back to teaching at the end of July. Some cigarette holes burnt in the carpet and slight damage to some of the walls and dors which they tried to repair. I want to replace the carpet with laminate but DH is not going in that direction. It almost definitely needs a new roof. But, the income has been good to us for the past 20 yrs so I can't gripe too much. At some point, when we die or move out of our house, it will need a lot of repair and replace too.

Carol in Hot GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lillian: Retirement is wonderful once you find ways to entertain yourself that don't revolve around eating. I volunteer on a city committee, take yoga classes & riding lessons. My neighbor volunteered with meals on wheels for several years until her health issues started escalating. We walk together when she is feeling up to it. A friend joined a knitting group that provides hats to hospital patients who've been through chemo, and also hats for new babies. You'll find what you like as time goes along. :flowerforyou:

Cheri: You have a great attitude about this move. I'm sure you'll find lots of ways to connect with your new community and hope the house hunting turns up just the right thing. :smiley:

No riding lesson this weekend. :ohwell: DH and I spent time working on the sailboat yesterday and I loved it. Unfortunately, he got a bit seasick because strong upriver winds caused choppy water conditions in the boat slip. We have more to do today. I hope the water is calmer for his sake. We're still working on travel plans to visit DS and DDIL.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison