Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather s0302.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather - You are 'truly' blessed. Glad to know the DGKs are a 'stress reliever'. We enjoyed having DOGD come home this weekend ... actually went back yesterday. She had to bring the other 2 home early because DYGD got sick and wasn't getting any better. Of course, they allowed her to get in the pool, because she wasn't coughing as bad ... ended up taking her to the MD on Monday. Sinus infection. I'll never understand DDnL#1's actions when she is 'sick' (lets her do whatever she wants); then gets 'fussy' when she ends up having to take her to the MD (quick to take her). However, when DMGD gets 'sick' ... she waits for 5 days before taking her in. She had me take her once (after 5 days) ... same Pediatrician I used for my boys; he started getting 'on to me about not bringing her in earlier'. "Hey, ... I'm not the mother here; but, I will give her any message you want to convey." Strep throat and fever can turn into Scarlet Fever in 5 days ... or 7 - she needs to be seen as soon as she starts complaining of her throat hurting and running a temperature. So, now, she is a 'little' better about it. I was pretty quick to take my two in; but, since I had lost my first ... I probably 'overcompensated' for it. They were (and still are) my 'babies'. They'll be my 'babies' until I die; I'll always be their 'Momma'. ;)B)<3

So, how does pulling out of the EU affect your country? If it is 'too political' to be posted here, please PM me.

Thanks,
    Lenora
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 9.24min, 16.5amph, 147mhr, 2.5mi = 93c
    SPIN- 45.11min, 93ar, 33aw, 5-6g, 149mhr, 7mi = 227c
    ride gym 2 wk- 54.32min, 12.1amph, 152mhr, 11mi = 470c
    ride wk 2 hm- 26.04min, 9amph, 150mhr, 3.8mi = 228c flat!
    total cal 1018
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Re, lookin’ good strutin’ yo stuff in the smaller jeans. Keep it up!!!

Becca, congrats on the loss with all that is going on. Stay strong, my friend. We are all pulling for your whole family.

VickiNE, safe travels and have a fun trip.

Heather, I may not be quite as bad as you but I agree that I don’t like to rush or to question what the weather will be. And I like to plan things like that well in advance. So how did your DH take it?

Sue, I’m happy for you that you are back in the water. Enjoy!

Maryjeanmiller, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. (married?, kids, grandkids? Work/retired? Etc, etc, etc,) We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often and join right in.

Joyce, I hope both the doctor’s appointments went well today. And dinner with the pastor sounds like fun.

Re, I always weigh the same time of day each day. And I also don’t count a loss until I’ve seen it for at least two days. And also like you, my weight can go up and down 5 pounds within a day….thus one reason to only weigh first thing in the morning.

Allie, I do hope your birthday turns out to a great one!! And that you have a fantastic trip. ((((Hugs))))

Lisa, congrats on the new job for DH. Things are looking up.

Glo, congrats on your loss. That is wonderful. Hope you get the computer/MFP problems worked out. That can be so frustrating.

KJ, glad things worked out the way they did. Sleeping later sure isn’t all bad.

Freida, the “D” in DH, DD, etc. can stand for whatever the occasion calls for. We often thing of it as “dear” but it can be a variety of adjectives including some very negative expletives. I’m sure you get the idea.

Pip, t31172.gifto us.

Becca, I think the thing I’ve done most recently out of my comfort zone was to line dance at a public bar last week. Before that I had only done it in my class each week. You are the bomb.

Joyce, I’m crossing my fingers for you that ya’ll get the bags on right. And also that Charlie gets to where he can do it himself. It’s great that you are willing but would be nice if he could just take care of it. ((Hugs))

Heather, I’m so glad you are with the grands. I love the picture you shared with us. Thanks.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    Our little local college won the National baseball championship! It is so exciting!!!! The first national championship in any sport for this school. We are all very proud. The final game was rained out last night and played this afternoon. the-winner-smiley-emoticon.gif I had line dancing this afternoon and the BOD of the HOA had to go look at a fence request tonight. People ask what they can put in and then just do something different. *sigh* But the bottom line is, life is grand. I wish the same for all of you. Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) I just posted the new thread for July. I did it from my phone while sitting in Jake's hospital room. I don't know how to post the link here so I'd appreciate it if someone could do that

And when you find the new thread, don't forget to click on the star to bookmark it.

Hugs <3
    Barbie
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Heather love it!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Happy with my goals in June.

See you in the July thread. Irish Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Be sure to click on the little star on the July thread to bookmark!
  • ljdw99
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MFP staff test
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    ljdw99 - Look back up a few posts to get the link for the month of July; make sure you click on the star to make it turn yellow.
  • ljdw99
    Options
    June Goals
    Hatha Yoga...25 min 6/wk
    Stretch ...15 min 1/wk
    Free weights...15 min 6/wk
    Core...5 min 6/wk...upped to 15 min
    Meditation....5 min 3/wk... Still not
    Continue logging all food
    Drink at least 4 glasses of water/day
    Keep increasing steps
    Weight loss goal...1#/wk...lost 7#s
    Be mindful of sodium...

July Goals

Same goals as June: meditate, meditate, core increased to 15 min/6/wk
    Weight loss 1#/wk
    Plus daily Duolingo Italian each day, sleep more!

GLo on the North Shore of Ma where it is very dry!
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    SlenderClassyElegant Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    prbford64 wrote: »
    Hi all...I just cannot keep up with all of your messages...whew! I have a question though...does anyone in the group who may be following a Low Carb High Fat way of eating utilize "fat bombs"? If so, please message me...I may never find your response unless I camp out on the computer. LOL! Thanks!

I hope everyone is having a terrific day...or, at least better than yesterday!

Paula in northeastern NC
    Working on July Goals - Personal and Sea Dog Rescue

Hi there:

Well, after having tried every diet in the book, I'm giving Atkins a try.

We could certainly compare how we're doing to one another :)

JP
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    JP - go back a few posts to DamitJanit and click on the link; that will take you to the month of July. Usually Barbiecat posts this link on the last day of the month. Remember to 'bookmark' the link by clicking on the outline of the star so that it will turn yellow; then when you want to get back hit the gray star between the gray bell and gear and a drop down list will appear. Sorry, I don't know anything about "Low Carb High Fat"; but, I am sure if you 'repost' in July, someone might be able to answer your question.
  • shelaghcol
    shelaghcol Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I haven't done communities at MFP in the past but could use the support of a group. Is this an established group that I can subscribe to?
  • sherrymaxine
    sherrymaxine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    South Florida gal here. Working hard at losing weight!!! Hard to find others who are experiencing the same things I am here in Florida. Many ladies are thin, bikini wearing, tight assed, and tanned beyond belief. I, on the other hand, am shorter, fatter, pale and hardly ever go to the beach! However, I keep my chin up and take it day by day. Any other nice, real South Florida girls around trying it day by day?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10418161/women-ages-50-for-july-2016#latest. Shella and Sherry, we start a new thread each month, click on the above link and join us in July' s thread. We'd love to have you.

Janetr okc