Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well lets ymtalk about consequences for our actions. Trayvon may have been a saint. But he was a cgild who deserved a chance to do better. Todays kids are much different than kids of other generations. George zimmerman a grown man. George was told to stop following. He was armed in a car. He should be und guilty because he completely pursues and killed someone. Imagine walking and someone following you. I would fight. Maybe he did injure georgr. All very natural reactions. And then what did george do. If hes let off rhey can still try him federally. George shouldnt have been armesmd should have stayed in his car and is a luar and a cheat. You dont deserve to die for being a bad kid. Trayvon was just a typical kid. Kids make stuoid decisions sometimes. We have to let our kids know unexoected things happen and we need to tey and avoid dangerous or risky behavior. As parents lets be a little more protective of our kids. This is a situatuon that could have been avoided. George should pay for his actions

It's manslaughter and wrongful death at best.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.
    I second that ^^^^
    If you need a place to get away from Orlando when this goes bad, let me know. :laugh:

Depends on ... where..... :wink:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I think the prosecution made a mistake charging him with Second Degree murder. If he's found not guilty it will be because he was overcharged and they couldn't prove he's guilty of that charge.

I don't think he deserves to walk, though.
    QFT
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Both of these miscreants were out looking for trouble. Now one is dead and the other is on trial. I could care less what the outcome is. My only concern is that I am travelling to Orlando on Sunday, for two weeks, and I hope it doesn't turn into a riot if he is found innocent.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think he is guilty but not for the crime he is being charged for. I think they would have had a better shot of conviction charging him with manslaughter rather than murder. His story is lining up, but he should have stopped following Martin as soon as the dispatcher told him to.

Pretty much sums up my feelings too. Once the dispatcher told him to cease following him, he should have followed the order to cease and desist. This story would have had a whole different ending if he had just let the police do their job.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    once the media got a hold of this there was never going to be any peace for either side

i feel bad for martins mom because parents should never bury their children

i feel bad for zimmerman because in his mind he was doing what he thought was for the greater good

i despise that martins parents came out and said what an angle their son is/was and only released the wholesome pictures while the media only used zimmermans mugshots for their pictures.

i havent followed the case nearly as much as i probably should but like i said, no matter which way it turns out there is going to a public outcry for "vengence" not justice
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't post here as I don't know a ton about this case. I stopped following a long time ago because it just frustrates me.

Zimmerman's an idiot. I don't know how accurate it is, because like I said I stopped following, but I read that he was told to stand down yet continued to follow Trayvon, who was unarmed. It sounded to me like he was looking for a fight. Whether or not Trayvon was black, white, or purple, it doesn't matter. Trayvon's past didn't matter either. Tell me that kid was headed to rob someone with a can of tea and skittles. Trayvon isn't on trial - he's dead. Also, last I heard Zimmerman waived his right to a Stand Your Ground trial, which just doesn't make sense if he's claiming self defense.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Both of these miscreants were out looking for trouble. Now one is dead and the other is on trial. I could care less what the outcome is. My only concern is that I am travelling to Orlando on Sunday, for two weeks, and I hope it doesn't turn into a riot if he is found innocent.
    I'm not sure if anywhere in the US will be a good place to be if he walks. I'm hoping I'm wrong and people have some sense, though.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.

When OJ walked I lost all faith in the justice system.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think the media circus is a distraction from real issues, like the Bradley Manning trial, for example.
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.
    I second that ^^^^
    If you need a place to get away from Orlando when this goes bad, let me know. :laugh:

Depends on ... where..... :wink:
    Tampa. :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.

That one corrected itself in time. lol
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it's The State of Florida vs. Zimmerman.

Second, he was legally within his rights to carry his weapon. He had all permits and a legal purchase.

Third, this was a 6', 17 year old young man. Martin was hardly a 'child'. He was the one who came at Zimmerman first. He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, the police photos and medical documents prove that.

Fourth, sorry but it was self-defense.

Fifth, Second Degree Murder is over-charging Zimmerman. The State will never get that, and if they do, then there's something rotten in Denmark.

Sixth, the Judge should be disbarred for here conduct and biased.

Seventh, who really cares at this point. There's other things to get pissed about.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I have to kindly disagree. Trayvon had just come from the store purchasing skittles & tea. He was walking back to his father's house, and the rest was history...
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

God I hate this world.

Its amazing that you were so close to Martin that you know exactly that he was a thug, drug dealer and "gangster". Were you one of his customers? If George Zimmerman have nothing to hide, let him take the stand and tell all the world what actually took place. Why do we need to have his evidence animated, ask yourself that question, if that was one of your relatives, would you be happy to have an animated account of what actually took place, whilst the killer sits a couple of feet away. The big elephant in the room is that if Zimmerman had followed instructions, Martin would have been alive today. The whole case is flawed from the start, Zimmerman knows what he did, and even if he walks, he have to live with his conscience. I hope he realize that life is a circle, something we as human beings fail to acknowledge.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman vs. Martin?

Pretty sure that Martin won the fist fight and Zimmerman won the gun battle.

The State of Florida vs. Zimmerman?

I believe that Zimmerman has some culpability for starting a conflict with Martin, but that ultimately it was his right to defend his life with a fire arm when Martin was slamming his head against the sidewalk. I don't believe Zimmerman should walk away with no consequences, but he's also not a murderer.

Parents, why are you letting your teenagers walk to 7-11 at 2 in the morning? That right there is the craziest part of the whole story to me.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't post here as I don't know a ton about this case. I stopped following a long time ago because it just frustrates me.

Zimmerman's an idiot. I don't know how accurate it is, because like I said I stopped following, but I read that he was told to stand down yet continued to follow Trayvon, who was unarmed. It sounded to me like he was looking for a fight. Whether or not Trayvon was black, white, or purple, it doesn't matter. Trayvon's past didn't matter either. Tell me that kid was headed to rob someone with a can of tea and skittles. Trayvon isn't on trial - he's dead. Also, last I heard Zimmerman waived his right to a Stand Your Ground trial, which just doesn't make sense if he's claiming self defense.

Yeah, you really know nothing about the case...
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    He shouldn't have been charged with murder 2. They'll never get a conviction with that.

Also, Zimmerman was not ordered by police to "stand down". It was a SUGGESTION from a 911 dispatcher. He did, however, choose to go back to his car, but Martin decided to confront him and proceeded to beat the crap out of Zimmerman, which resulted in Martins death.

Martin wasn't as young and innocent as the media likes to portray, either. He was a 17 year old, 6' tall young man and not exactly helpless.

He was, in fact, a thug who had been in trouble with the law before. He didn't deserve to die because of it, but my point is simply that he wasn't some innocent child.

Could this have been avoided? Yes, but both parties could have done things differently, not just Zimmerman.

This isn't a black vs. white issue, either...or at least it shouldn't be. Zimmerman is not even white.

None of us were there, so we don't know the complete story. It's not as simple as people seem to be dead set on thinking.
  • ShaneCRoach
    Options
    17 years old is not a "kid". That's one of the fundamentals of this case. The news media showed pictures of Trayvon years younger than he was for weeks after this first happened, then cast the story in the worst possible light for Zimmerman.

Zimmerman shouldn't have been following him? That's what you do when you are a neighborhood watch. Zimmerman shouldn't be carrying a gun in public, shouldn't want to be a cop? Since when? Zimmerman is an idiot? Wait until the national news media smells a story reporting every sordid detail of YOUR life. The absolute worst thing he did was lie about bond money. Meanwhile, the news media and our entire complicit society lied about the nature of his supposed victim in order to ruin his life, including the prosecution itself. It is nonsense to cast Zimmerman as the uniquely unintelligent or dishonest actor in this situation.

Zimmerman was framed by a media in the process of demonizing gun ownership and efforts at self policing and self defense. He did no worse, and in fact significantly better, than many paid professional police often do when confronted with similar circumstances. He has the scars to attest to the fact HE was attacked. Trayvon was already a criminal who had evaded conviction due to his youth - a common occurrence in our current justice system.

The whole media circus that created this as a talking point is outright evil. I cannot believe the extent to which it has been able to basically ruin the life of a man who by all accounts was just deeply interested in a career in law enforcement, and had even performed quite well in the classroom in preparation for it.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

I was just waiting for "OJ" to come out. OJ is not on trial here, we are dealing with the present.