Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.
    This ^^^^

though I am curious, race war between who?
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    whatever happened to the concept of citizen's arrest does anyone know the law specifics?

Also, a 911 operator is not a police officer.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it's The State of Florida vs. Zimmerman.

Second, he was legally within his rights to carry his weapon. He had all permits and a legal purchase.

Third, this was a 6', 17 year old young man. Martin was hardly a 'child'. He was the one who came at Zimmerman first. He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, the police photos and medical documents prove that.

Fourth, sorry but it was self-defense.

Fifth, Second Degree Murder is over-charging Zimmerman. The State will never get that, and if they do, then there's something rotten in Denmark.

Sixth, the Judge should be disbarred for here conduct and biased.

Seventh, who really cares at this point. There's other things to get pissed about.

Obviously you really cared because your list says it all. Self-defense for whom, Martin had every right to be walking down the street, like every body else. When it is a crime in this country to walk in any neighborhood. If he was breaking into someone's house, I would have no problem with what happened, but he was walking and Zimmerman was told to stand down.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Third, this was a 6', 17 year old young man. Martin was hardly a 'child'. He was the one who came at Zimmerman first. He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, the police photos and medical documents prove that.

Fourth, sorry but it was self-defense.

Size isn't the issue. Age is. Seventeen is a child. How mature were you at that age? I am the mother of an 18-year-old college student. I know her friends. They are still children.

As for self-defense/stand your ground, considering that Zimmerman was following Trayvon, couldn't the prosecution make a case that TRAYVON was standing his ground? Zimmerman is responsible by his actions for what happened. Now someone is dead. Had he at the very least remained in his vehicle, this would not have happened.

This was my point exactly. Wasn't Zimmerman off duty? Didn't Trayvon try to run to get away from Zimmerman? So if someone were to follow me at night, and I'm running to get away from them, and they catch up to me, throw some intimidating words around, at what point am I allowed to knock him out, not to kill him but just long enough to be able to get away? And just saying that I'm hardcore and can get him on the ground, and he shoots me while I'm trying to incapacitate him...he gets to walk and be told "oh you just made poor choices that night"?
  • ShaneCRoach
    Options

Its amazing that you were so close to Martin that you know exactly that he was a thug, drug dealer and "gangster". Were you one of his customers? If George Zimmerman have nothing to hide, let him take the stand and tell all the world what actually took place. Why do we need to have his evidence animated, ask yourself that question, if that was one of your relatives, would you be happy to have an animated account of what actually took place, whilst the killer sits a couple of feet away. The big elephant in the room is that if Zimmerman had followed instructions, Martin would have been alive today. The whole case is flawed from the start, Zimmerman knows what he did, and even if he walks, he have to live with his conscience. I hope he realize that life is a circle, something we as human beings fail to acknowledge.

They have video of him damaging property, and he both was caught with drugs and paraphernalia before and had THC metabolites in his blood at his autopsy. He beat the tar out of an armed neighborhood watch volunteer.

That's how we know he was a thug.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Both of these miscreants were out looking for trouble. Now one is dead and the other is on trial. I could care less what the outcome is. My only concern is that I am travelling to Orlando on Sunday, for two weeks, and I hope it doesn't turn into a riot if he is found innocent.
    we are worried about riots here in Orlando if he is acquitted .....
    i hate this world. ugh!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Everyone here saying 17 is not a kid, are you the same people who would say a 17-year-old having a child is a "baby having a baby"? Why is a 17-year-old a child when he or she is getting into a serious relationship or having sex, but not in this case?
    Along the same type of logic, then, why are 17 year olds (and younger) able to be tried as adults when they commit especially heinous crimes?
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Its amazing that you were so close to Martin that you know exactly that he was a thug, drug dealer and "gangster". Were you one of his customers? If George Zimmerman have nothing to hide, let him take the stand and tell all the world what actually took place. Why do we need to have his evidence animated, ask yourself that question, if that was one of your relatives, would you be happy to have an animated account of what actually took place, whilst the killer sits a couple of feet away. The big elephant in the room is that if Zimmerman had followed instructions, Martin would have been alive today. The whole case is flawed from the start, Zimmerman knows what he did, and even if he walks, he have to live with his conscience. I hope he realize that life is a circle, something we as human beings fail to acknowledge.
    :laugh:
  • ShaneCRoach
    Options
    ... and they catch up to me, throw some intimidating words around, at what point am I allowed to knock him out, not to kill him but just long enough to be able to get away?

Typically, you're not allowed to beat someone up because they say something "intimidating".
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    :wink:

God I hate this world.
    I second that ^^^^
    If you need a place to get away from Orlando when this goes bad, let me know. :laugh:

Depends on ... where..... :wink:
    Tampa. :wink:

I hate tampa but we should be friends. I may have reason to love it there soon enough! :flowerforyou:
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    I hate tampa but we should be friends. I may have reason to love it there soon enough! :flowerforyou:
    Tampa is awesome. We were friends before. Add me. :flowerforyou:
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    As for self-defense/stand your ground, considering that Zimmerman was following Trayvon, couldn't the prosecution make a case that TRAYVON was standing his ground?
    No, you can't make that case. Following somebody is not a crime and is not a justification for Martin assaulting Zimmerman with deadly intent.

Secondly, Zimmerman had stopped following Martin and was returning to his car when Martin confronted him and began an unprovoked assault.

Martin decided to beat the cracker and recieved his justice that night.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

God I hate this world.

The police videoed Zimmerman re-enacting the incident and answering the investigator's questions. This was a lengthy video.

The evidence supports Zimmerman's story.

Zimmerman was not ordered to "stand down" or "cease and desist". The dispatcher basically stated, "oh we dont need you to do that" or something to the effect. There is a difference between a suggestion and an order. Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone.

When Travon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed.

With crime as it is we need an active community, we need to get our neighbor's back. I have seen suspicious activities and have assisted the police very similar to what Zimmerman did, and I received praise. Go figure.

That a load of bull crap. The HOA testified that they do not recommend following anyone. Commonsense obviously alluded Zimmerman, and that costs Martin his life. The same way you obviously thinks that Martin should have gone home when he alluded Zimmerman, I guess your brain cannot assume the same thing that Zimmerman should have listened to the dispatcher advising not to follow the "suspect" as he called Martin to the police.

If Zimmerman had used the little brains that he was born with, this would have been a different outcome. Keep on doing what you are doing to continue receiving the praise from the police, because one of these days those same praises will not be able to save you, not everyone will be like Martin, let's hope the police do not get to you too late - go figure.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    ... and they catch up to me, throw some intimidating words around, at what point am I allowed to knock him out, not to kill him but just long enough to be able to get away?

Typically, you're not allowed to beat someone up because they say something "intimidating".

I thought, given your support for Zimmerman, that you'd advocate escalating a situation in self defence if you feel genuinely threatened?
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Size isn't the issue. Age is. Seventeen is a child. How mature were you at that age? I am the mother of an 18-year-old college student. I know her friends. They are still children.

I knew a couple of 17 year olds who's parents let them enlist in the Army. Trust me... they weren't children. You can use the legal 18 year old age definition all you want, but Martin was in no way 'a child'. He was a thug who bowed up on an armed man. Much to his demise. You can't throw the 'child' blanket on everyone under the age of 18 and excuse their actions.
    As for self-defense/stand your ground, considering that Zimmerman was following Trayvon, couldn't the prosecution make a case that TRAYVON was standing his ground? Zimmerman is responsible by his actions for what happened. Now someone is dead. Had he at the very least remained in his vehicle, this would not have happened.

Martin could have kept walking. His choice was to confront a 'crazy-*kitten* cracker' (which Zimmerman isn't BTW) and proceed to commit battery. I don't know many 6 foot tall 'children' who would attack a grown adult do you? Also if you follow the testimonies, Zimmerman was getting back in his vehicle when Martin came at him.

The bottom line in this case is... many poor choices were made and a young man's life ended. Yes it's tragic... but tragedy happens in this world. If you remove all emotion from the case (which you are supposed to do to let the evidence speak) 2nd Degree Murder is unattainable. This is where the State screwed up. Once again, like the Casey Anthony case, they over-charged the accused. There is so much reasonable doubt that there cannot be a conviction. While this may not be 'justice' in the emotional minds/hearts of many people, it is however how our legal system works.

The Martin family can always file a civil Wrongful Death lawsuit and try to get their justice that way. But in the eyes of the LAW, Zimmerman did not violate any statutes in the State of Florida.
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Even if he was a thug, drug dealer etc... Zimmerman had no right to play COP!!! Get a Life!!!!

God I hate this world.
  • ShaneCRoach
    Options

Obviously you really cared because your list says it all. Self-defense for whom, Martin had every right to be walking down the street, like every body else. When it is a crime in this country to walk in any neighborhood. If he was breaking into someone's house, I would have no problem with what happened, but he was walking and Zimmerman was told to stand down.

Zimmerman was told, "We don't need you to do that," when he told police he was following Martin. He had experience with police showing up too late to catch people he had observed seeming to case houses before. The neighborhood had experienced multiple burglaries.

He had a gun because there were reports of a loose dog in the area that might be dangerous, among other things.

Do you not see how the media now have you suspicious of your own right to defend and police your own neighborhood?

And for those speaking of being "off duty", folks, neighborhood watch is a volunteer program. One is not magically on or off duty per se. He simply was not scheduled for a voluntary patrol at the time he observed Trayvon walking around in the rain.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, a young man was walking through a gated community, talking on the phone, while he made his way back to his place after buying snacks at a convenience store.

And some dude, under the guise of being part of a neighborhood watch, accosted him. AFTER the police told him not to.

Now, if some son of a b approached me, and I told him to back off, and he didn't and we got into a scuffle where I ended up getting shot?

Who is guilty? What, if someone approaches me in a confrontational way, I'm not supposed to defend myself?

I don't care if Trayvon is percieved as a child or a thug. He was minding his own business and Zimmerman instigated. Had Zimmerman done what the police TOLD him to do, Trayvon would have kept on walking and none of this would have happened.

This is my take on it. And it doesn't matter to me that Trayvon got in trouble at school or smoked pot. He is 17. Lots of kids behave this way and grow up to be 100% awesome contributing members of society.

Trayvon didn't get the chance to do that because a grown assed man approached him and started a fight. Unreal.

You really know nothing about this case...
  • ShaneCRoach
    Options
    Even if he was a thug, drug dealer etc... Zimmerman had no right to play COP!!! Get a Life!!!!
    Yes, he does. And so does everyone else, presuming what you mean by "play cop" is observe people in your neighborhood and report suspicious activity to the police.
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    Actually he did. He was the neighborhood watch. You have to get "hired" for that...

And get a life? :laugh: Stay classy.