• onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    One is dead and the other is a liar.
    Another ignorant user. Classy.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more worried about the potential repercussions. 'Stand your grown' is a very flippy-floppy kind of law that applies to some but not others. There are too many inconsistencies.

'In Winter Springs, Owen Eugene Whitlock came home on Christmas Eve 2009 to find his daughter's boyfriend, Jose Ramirez, angrily stalking up his driveway, flexing his muscles and swinging his fists. Whitlock stood his ground and fired a fatal shot. He was not charged.

In Clearwater, Terry Tyrone Davis shot and killed his cousin as he stalked up the walkway of Davis' home in 2010 with a group of friends. "There's no doubt he was going over there to kick his a--,'' Circuit Judge Philip J. Federico said, "but that does not allow you to kill a guy." Davis is now serving 25 years in prison. '

(Source: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/florida-stand-your-ground-law-yields-some-shocking-outcomes-depending-on/1233133)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing more laughable than uninformed people discussing nutrition on the internet is uneducated people discussing legal issues on the internet.
    318666-9MJ1J51.gif
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    The amount of people not knowing how to use the "quote" feature is driving me insane.

but yet come on, this entire thread is insanity....
    so just enjoy it for what its worth.

Want some popcorn?
    Only if I can enjoy the popcorn in my ninja turtle underwear.

Sounds like a plan. I'll even wear my Ninja turtle T.... shirt. :wink:
    Nothing else? :smokin:
  • ddxm
    ddxm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why would I care what you think? Someone like you doesn't even deserve to be alive.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

What makes you say that? If he were a true thug, he would have been the one carrying a gun that night, how was he a drug dealer? because he smoked? You shouldn't make remarks about a person you know nothing about. Zimmerman shouldn't have followed him, how did Trayvon know what they guy was doing? If someone is following me and I don't know them or their intent, you better believe I'm going to fight them off.

We know he was a drug dealer because people on twitter and facebook were telling him they needed drugs from him. Good luck fighting someone off for following you. Lol. You may end up like MArtin so I wouldn't suggest it. It's also illegal and will get you assault charges if you aren't killed.
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    Why would I care what you think? Someone like you doesn't even deserve to be alive.
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    zimmerman is a pathetic human being. he instigated this encounter and killed a young man because he was losing a fight. whatever happened to taking a beating like a man?

zimmerman will get off on this but hopefully as a result gun laws will tighten so wanna be cops like GZ cant get guns.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Its amazing that you were so close to Martin that you know exactly that he was a thug, drug dealer and "gangster". Were you one of his customers? If George Zimmerman have nothing to hide, let him take the stand and tell all the world what actually took place. Why do we need to have his evidence animated, ask yourself that question, if that was one of your relatives, would you be happy to have an animated account of what actually took place, whilst the killer sits a couple of feet away. The big elephant in the room is that if Zimmerman had followed instructions, Martin would have been alive today. The whole case is flawed from the start, Zimmerman knows what he did, and even if he walks, he have to live with his conscience. I hope he realize that life is a circle, something we as human beings fail to acknowledge.

The police videoed Zimmerman re-enacting the incident and answering the investigator's questions. This was a lengthy video.

The evidence supports Zimmerman's story.

Zimmerman was not ordered to "stand down" or "cease and desist". The dispatcher basically stated, "oh we dont need you to do that" or something to the effect. There is a difference between a suggestion and an order. Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone.

When Travon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed.

With crime as it is we need an active community, we need to get our neighbor's back. I have seen suspicious activities and have assisted the police very similar to what Zimmerman did, and I received praise. Go figure.

So, let me quote you on this, "Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone..." Then, you state, "When Trayvon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed." So, let me get this right...It is okay for Zimmerman to walk and follow behind anyone he chooses to at this ungodly hour, but Trayvon did not have the right to walk home from wherever he was coming from? LET ALONE you say that Trayvon did not have the right to confront this man as he followed him,( who was not a cop), and who therefore did not have the right to be following him to begin with... Because Trayvon was not doing anything suspicious except for the simple fact that he happened to be a black man, wearing a hoodie and walking the street at night-correct? So, according to you, this gave Zimmerman the right to "enforce" the law according to your statement and he had the right to deem this boy who he chose to follow as "suspicious"? And my follow up question to this is: Why are you justifying that what Zimmerman did was correct because you also have preconceived stereotypes about people who look suspicious to you as well, so because you would have done the same thing in the same situation makes it okay in your eyes, for what Zimmerman did to Trayvon correct? It's funny how the stereotypes people assume about others always makes an a*^ out of those who are making the assumptions. A prime example of this is when I exited my driveway to mail a package to a friend for Valentine's Day, and the police followed me for 10 minutes before they put on their flashers and called backup. Now, my question was why was I followed? Was it because I was a black woman who was driving an SUV with factory tinted windows in the backseat in a predominantly white suburb of Missouri, or was it because they really felt they had some dirt on me? Well, it was the first reason unfortunately, because there was no dirt on me besides the fact that they stated my taillight was out, yet this instigated a backup call and a response to follow me for 10 minutes under the suspicion that I was either on my way to committing suspicious behavior or the fact that because I am black I was going to constitute some sort of suspicious behavior and therefore, the police now had the right to target me as suspicious by following me for 10 minutes? Wow...great logic!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

"That's real retarded Sir... real retarded."

(see what I did there?)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Well, that escalated quickly. I give this thread MAYBE 20 more minutes before it's locked
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I think it's Zimmerman.
    And what frustrates me is that EVERY night the argument shifts over to place the blame on Martin, Zimmerman, Martin, Zimmerman, Martin, etc.... SO frustrating!
    I saw a few nights ago, that Martin was a regular THC user- and the forensics expert said that the body gets used to the effect of it, so it should not have caused any significant mental/physical change in Martin, which I thought was interesting. After googling THC and its effects, I read that it has a rather sedative effect on the human body, and that in fact, even if he DID consume high amounts of it, it would not make him aggressive, in any way.
    This case is pretty interesting, but I am just frustrated by how long it's taking to solve! I think that one piece of huge evidence (though not exactly tangible) that should go against Zimmerman is that he gained weight so rapidly after the case opened- that he has some sort of guilty feelings about this whole ordeal in which he was involved. Also, his testimonies have changed so much, which is normal. But I still think he's guilty.
    Nice to hear some news on these threads actually! Something different :)
    Thise are the "general" effects of THC, but drugs can effect different people in different ways. Why do you think we get the ridiculous lists of "POSSIBLE" side effects every time a new drug comes out. If ONE person experienced it, it's got to be listed. THC likely didn't make him aggressive, but is it possible that it did? Sure.

And, as far as his having gained weight, I find it humorous that you attribute that to guilt feelings. I would attribute it more to not getting regular exercise and eating the crappy foods being fed him while incarcerated. Not EVERYONE eats their emotions anyway. Just because SOME people do, doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Yes of course; side effects are different for everyone. But I still do not think that it made Trayvon aggressive. And I believe the news had mentioned the two having encounters before this last one, which indicates there was a conflict of interest before, as well
    And as for the incarceration 'diet', I did NOT in any way insinuate that he was eating away his emotions. Like I said, it's a piece of intangible evidence, but his demeanor and his extreme weight gain, really strengthened my belief that he's guilty. And also, there are SO many incarcerated people who are in reasonably good health- Zimmerman *somehow* wasn't one of them? If he wasn't guilty, then what made him so nervous and fidgety in the courtroom? Just his demeanor is enough to make me squirm.
    Being held in a county jail is not the same as being incarcerated long term in an actual prison. But whatever. Of course you're right because you believe it. All I was saying is that you seem to be making a lot of assumptions.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    From what I read, the gun shot wound was in his front, but he was found on his stomach, implying that he was shot while ON TOP of Zimmerman. So to me, that would seem like self-defense.

Ah, but that would never have been necessary at all had Zimmerman not been following Martin, would it? Why did he get out of the car?

Say you're a 17-year-old kid (and he WAS a kid!) minding your own business and some 30-something guy is following you around. What do you do? You're not at an age to be rational and call the police. And even if you do, how long before the police get there? He didn't know who Zimmerman was or why the guy was following him. Zimmerman acted stupidly. I don't believe he set out to kill anyone, which is why I think he's been overcharged. But he is responsible for what happened. His actions led directly to Martin's death.

Typical American these days, place the blame on someone else. Martin beating his head into the ground DIRECTLY resulted in his death. Had he said, "dude, leave me alone I am just walking home" he would be alive today and probably suspended from school for dealing drugs and burglary which he was caught doing and it was covered up by the local PD in an effort to lower the crime stats in the area.
    Yes, shame on me for blaming the guy following the kid, not identifying himself and carrying a gun for the kid being shot to death. The kid who was simply walking home from the store and had no idea why some grown man was following him -- in his car.

Silly me.

Carrying a gun is his legal right, so that is irrelevant. Also, someone following you doesn't give you authority to to beat their head into the ground. Stop watching CNN and actually do some reading from police reports, etc and you might be enlightened a little on the FACTS of this case instead of media emotions.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.

When OJ walked I lost all faith in the justice system.

I was just waiting for "OJ" to come out. OJ is not on trial here, we are dealing with the present.

Neither is Casey Anthony but that got brought up. It's relative because they were both big cases and both people walked when they shouldn't have.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The amount of people not knowing how to use the "quote" feature is driving me insane.

Want some popcorn?

you assumed I implied nothing else???
    tsk tsk :tongue:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Its amazing that you were so close to Martin that you know exactly that he was a thug, drug dealer and "gangster". Were you one of his customers? If George Zimmerman have nothing to hide, let him take the stand and tell all the world what actually took place. Why do we need to have his evidence animated, ask yourself that question, if that was one of your relatives, would you be happy to have an animated account of what actually took place, whilst the killer sits a couple of feet away. The big elephant in the room is that if Zimmerman had followed instructions, Martin would have been alive today. The whole case is flawed from the start, Zimmerman knows what he did, and even if he walks, he have to live with his conscience. I hope he realize that life is a circle, something we as human beings fail to acknowledge.

The police videoed Zimmerman re-enacting the incident and answering the investigator's questions. This was a lengthy video.

The evidence supports Zimmerman's story.

Zimmerman was not ordered to "stand down" or "cease and desist". The dispatcher basically stated, "oh we dont need you to do that" or something to the effect. There is a difference between a suggestion and an order. Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone.

When Travon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed.

With crime as it is we need an active community, we need to get our neighbor's back. I have seen suspicious activities and have assisted the police very similar to what Zimmerman did, and I received praise. Go figure.

So, let me quote you on this, "Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone..." Then, you state, "When Trayvon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed." So, let me get this right...It is okay for Zimmerman to walk and follow behind anyone he chooses to at this ungodly hour, but Trayvon did not have the right to walk home from wherever he was coming from? LET ALONE you say that Trayvon did not have the right to confront this man as he followed him,( who was not a cop), and who therefore did not have the right to be following him to begin with... Because Trayvon was not doing anything suspicious except for the simple fact that he happened to be a black man, wearing a hoodie and walking the street at night-correct? So, according to you, this gave Zimmerman the right to "enforce" the law according to your statement and he had the right to deem this boy who he chose to follow as "suspicious"? And my follow up question to this is: Why are you justifying that what Zimmerman did was correct because you also have preconceived stereotypes about people who look suspicious to you as well, so because you would have done the same thing in the same situation makes it okay in your eyes, for what Zimmerman did to Trayvon correct? It's funny how the stereotypes people assume about others always makes an a*^ out of those who are making the assumptions. A prime example of this is when I exited my driveway to mail a package to a friend for Valentine's Day, and the police followed me for 10 minutes before they put on their flashers and called backup. Now, my question was why was I followed? Was it because I was a black woman who was driving an SUV with factory tinted windows in the backseat in a predominantly white suburb of Missouri, or was it because they really felt they had some dirt on me? Well, it was the first reason unfortunately, because there was no dirt on me besides the fact that they stated my taillight was out, yet this instigated a backup call and a response to follow me for 10 minutes under the suspicion that I was either on my way to committing suspicious behavior or the fact that because I am black I was going to constitute some sort of suspicious behavior and therefore, the police now had the right to target me as suspicious by following me for 10 minutes? Wow...great logic!

Paragraphs please?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Holy crap! Anger management might be in order if calling someone ignorant is worthy of death.

The irony in that post is making my head swim.
  • onetwopotato
    Options

Want some popcorn?

you assumed I implied nothing else???
    tsk tsk :tongue:
    Worth a shot.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing more laughable than uninformed people discussing nutrition on the internet is uneducated people discussing legal issues on the internet.
    318666-9MJ1J51.gif

QFCN.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I'm sure several people have echoed my thoughts so I'll just say:

I hope Zimmerman walks.

me2
    & he will.

I'm just worried about what will happen to him...and the riots that are will be started when he is found not guilty.

Zimmerman's attorney stated two nights ago while interviewing that his client will never be safe. He also stated that he will never live a normal life. He will fall off the face of the earth just like Casey.

He won't be. And he can thank the media, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Obama for that.