28; never been on a date or had a boyfriend because of weight

Options

Replies

• MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    AngelinaB_ wrote: »

Well, I AM a fatty myself, and I refuse to regard the fact as demeaning me in any way. The world would be a far better place if we all had thicker skin.

"Fattie" is a diminishing term by itself!

Only if you let it be.
    If you don't want to be demeaning heck don't use the term duh. Nothing to do with getting a thick skin.

It has everything to do with a thick skin and not letting other people's opinions define your self-image, nor down yourself over realities that are basically neutral. Embracing a "negative" term is a way to say, "that crap don't matter!"
    It's not the same to say that you are overweight than to say that you are a fattie. You can say fat. And then I would understand your point as fat is not diminishing but some people dislike the term.

I generally do not alter my language to suit the likings of other people on the internet. I'm politically incorrect that way (among many others.) :)

• MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

Allow me to point out that since you, in effect excused yourself for the term in your post immediately after using it, you knew it would be offensive. How about in those instances where your manners try to take over you let them and just change the word?

That would diminish the point of using the word. Yes, I knew that some (hypersensitive) people find it offensive. The tone of the OP seemed to be asking for a "tough love" or "in your face" approach. Some points are delivered more effectively with a little "shock" value.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

Allow me to point out that since you, in effect excused yourself for the term in your post immediately after using it, you knew it would be offensive. How about in those instances where your manners try to take over you let them and just change the word?

That would diminish the point of using the word. Yes, I knew that some (hypersensitive) people find it offensive. The tone of the OP seemed to be asking for a "tough love" or "in your face" approach. Some points are delivered more effectively with a little "shock" value.

FWIW I thought your comment was funny and it didn't occur to me anyone would find it offensive given that you referenced yourself when using that word. But, everyone reads the "tone' of posts differently, I suppose.

More importantly, I wish the OP would come back and explain what she's really talking about.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when people have mental disorders and negative self image they falsely interpret others interactions and conversations. The guy could have said she had curves as a compliment and she ran off crying thinking he considered her fat as a pig.
  • thehouseoflotta
    thehouseoflotta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't start dating until after i was 28 and a half that was just because the guy wanted to 'prove' to his family he was straight, my first experiance with a man wasn't consential it was only four months before i was28. no man wanted to touch a virgin . I've had two boyfriend's not counting the mistake one who thought he had to prove he was one way. I married my 2nd bf (both of my relationships i had in another country), i will be divorcing my husband due to be a violent man who thought nothing of sleeping with other women 15 years younger than i am but constantly accused me of cheating. he preventing me from exercising and fattened me up. I have been heavier than i am, loosing the weight he made me gain. You don't want to attract a controlling man, or a chubby chaser. I know people say you have to 'love yourself first' but once i got down below 70 kg men ie decent men started to talk to me, confidence i didn't have at the time, but i was 67 kg when i met the mistake , same weight when i met the first bf. Its also down to where you live, i have to learn to start again at 35. I lost 6 years of my life to my husband. A friend of mine in the uk has only just started to date and she turned 30 in may.

It takes time but you will find someone.
  • GobletofFlames
    GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did not bother writing my actual birth year in my profile because I didn't think it was relevant to wanting to participate in this community so I just skipped ahead.

My height is 5'3''. I also didn't bother writing my stats in the profile because I mainly wanted people to talk to who understood the struggle of being a higher weight than you are accustomed to or want to be.

I will be making another post talking about a guy that I met online last year and how that is going. (It is not going well :( )
  • GobletofFlames
    Options
    This is me before I gained 10 lb

BEdQNgr.jpg?1
  • GobletofFlames
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

You look really healthy here. Were you eating clean?

Thanks! I think I eat pretty healthy :3
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Finding the right person is hard, take your time, work on yourself inside and out. Find hobbies, or activities that you are passionate about, this will put you in contact with more people who share simular intrests....which could lead to meeting someone. Focus on getting to know some one before even worrying about asking them out.

And make sure you know what you want in a partner, no one will be 100% of your wish list but know your must have qualities and your deal breakers

Ps 28 is not old , you have time :)
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The world is insane. You are cute. The men you met are blind. Your perfect the way you are. Cast a wide net. The BMI thing is right. Plus or minus 10 lbs shouldnt make a differrence to a guy that likes her. My wife turned me down multiple times before she gave me a chance because a mutual friend convinced her. He told her I had potential. lol. 4 kids later no regrets. Isnt there some guy who likes you? Old childhood friend? high school? college? werk? Best friends brother? Girlfriends cousin?
  • X_Sooner
    X_Sooner Posts: 366 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Couple of things. Love is blind. That simple truth has stood the test of time because it's true. That fact won't change because of your weight but here's what might...the image we project when we aren't taking care of ourselves. READ: we don't care about ourself. So if I don't take care of me, how will I help you and be a great partner to you???

Most people have heard the saying "The only easy day was yesterday". It's the mantra of Navy SEALs...it's engraved on the top of the arch leading into the "grinder" (quarterdeck) where calisthenics are done every morning. It's a great saying. However, you don't hear much about the saying that's on the other side of the arch...and it's the one that truly applies to all of us that wish to change ourselves, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

"You don't have to love it, you just have to do it"

You walked tonight. That means you've agreed to take ownership. Don't stop, don't ever quit now. Die before you quit. You started. Never. Ever. Quit. You walk a little or you can walk a lot but don't you quit. Each day of DOING is a victory...your victory. Just. Do. It.

For you. Your body needs it for your mind and your mind needs it for your emotional health.

Everything will fall into place when you take care of you...

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

So now you'll probably increase your 10 mile walks up hill to 20 mile walks, right? Will they be uphill though? And do you walk solo, or do you walk a dog? Sometimes walks are more tolerable when you bring a dog along. It might also assuage the loneliness you're feeling - poochies are so friendly.

I love the Baby Doll tee you're wearing. The bright pink actually matches that book on the table, which appears to be a food and exercise diary. Do you wear this ensemble during your walks? You might want to consider some L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipcolour in in Fearless Fuchsia to color coordinate with your tee and exercise diary. It would brighten up your appearance considerably, although I think you look just fine anyway.

Also, although the frames of your glasses match your complexion nicely in a cream tangerine palette, it might behoove you to purchase an alternate in pink - on the days when you want to accessorize with panache and true cosmopolitan flair.

ho7zarzdwfmn.png

Wasn't it a d&g shirt that she was waiting for in the mail?
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

So now you'll probably increase your 10 mile walks up hill to 20 mile walks, right? Will they be uphill though? And do you walk solo, or do you walk a dog? Sometimes walks are more tolerable when you bring a dog along. It might also assuage the loneliness you're feeling - poochies are so friendly.

I love the Baby Doll tee you're wearing. The bright pink actually matches that book on the table, which appears to be a food and exercise diary. Do you wear this ensemble during your walks? You might want to consider some L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipcolour in in Fearless Fuchsia to color coordinate with your tee and exercise diary. It would brighten up your appearance considerably, although I think you look just fine anyway.

Also, although the frames of your glasses match your complexion nicely in a cream tangerine palette, it might behoove you to purchase an alternate in pink - on the days when you want to accessorize with panache and true cosmopolitan flair.

ho7zarzdwfmn.png

It was. Navy blue with white polka dots and sheer gauze long sleeves. Chloe ring. I'm not going to go as far as to say she's low renting, because she hasn't yet admitted to appearing out in public with this get up. The shoes would be of the utmost importance considering the length of the walks. We'll have to wait and see what she says.

You are correct!
    I also seem to remember a boyfriend that asked her to stop calling him or something of that nature.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

ho7zarzdwfmn.png

It was. Navy blue with white polka dots and sheer gauze long sleeves. Chloe ring. I'm not going to go as far as to say she's low renting, because she hasn't yet admitted to appearing out in public with this get up. The shoes would be of the utmost importance considering the length of the walks. We'll have to wait and see what she says.

You are correct!
    I also seem to remember a boyfriend that asked her to stop calling him or something of that nature.

Wasn't there a stabbing? Or am I thinking of a different laundry thief watching, Burberry coat washing, makeup lover?
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Yes I also remember the stabbing.

The laundry thief and the coat!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I guess I'm just wondering if they ever caught the laundry room thief or not.