Finally found something that works

Options

Replies

• Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    It's so funny to me how angry and defensive people get when someone has great results eating any other way than CICO. If it works for them and is not detrimental in any way to a persons health, why such anger?

Who's angry? All anyone is doing is dispelling the misinformation. When someone comes on and says cutting out micro xxxxx is the key to weight loss, posters are going to say congrats on your accomplishments, but cutting a macro out isn't the key to weight loss.

Sugars and grains are not macros. Carbs are, and those can easily be consumed from fruits and veggies. It's not a no carb diet. It's finding your carbs from more natural foods
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kobz27 wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    It's so funny to me how angry and defensive people get when someone has great results eating any other way than CICO. If it works for them and is not detrimental in any way to a persons health, why such anger?

Who's angry? All anyone is doing is dispelling the misinformation. When someone comes on and says cutting out micro xxxxx is the key to weight loss, posters are going to say congrats on your accomplishments, but cutting a macro out isn't the key to weight loss.

Sugars and grains are not macros. Carbs are, and those can easily be consumed from fruits and veggies. It's not a no carb diet. It's finding your carbs from more natural foods

As yes, thank you for that. That's what I get for using my copy and paste answer I hold onto for threads like this. Please, let me extrapolate.

Who's angry? All anyone is doing is dispelling the misinformation. When someone comes on and says cutting out xxxxx (in this case sugar...yes the same sugar you can find in fruit and grains) is the key to weight loss, posters are going to say congrats on your accomplishments, but cutting xxxx (in this case sugar...yes the same sugar you can find in fruit and grains) out isn't the key to weight loss.
  • RGv2
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    The problem happens when someone like the OP makes a statement like "I've found the key". This is much different than saying "I've found something that works for me". Talking about "the key" is going to ruffle feathers because it implies that what other people are doing is not "the key" and calls their approach into question. If you don't want to see threads like this get derailed so often, stop making absolute truth claims. And if you do enjoy making statements that get threads derailed here -- well, that's sort of the definition of internet trolling, isn't it?

nice.jpg
  • Kobz27
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Also, vinnie tortorich has a doctorate from Tulane which is more than can be said about you people naysaying NSNG. He is one of the best fitness trainers out there. Go to his site, debate him...

You have no idea what my or anyone else's qualifications are.

Don't care
  • RGv2
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Also, vinnie tortorich has a doctorate from Tulane which is more than can be said about you people naysaying NSNG. He is one of the best fitness trainers out there. Go to his site, debate him...

You have no idea what my or anyone else's qualifications are.

Don't care

Then why bring it up?
  • Kobz27
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

All I see in this post is someone who is a bit confused on what CICO is.

Guessing calories in / calories out
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

All I see in this post is someone who is a bit confused on what CICO is.

Guessing calories in / calories out

Yes, that's what CICO stands for.
  • Kobz27
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    After 4 years of yo-yo'ing I've found the key...NSNG - NO SUGAR, NO GRAINS

No you haven't lol. A restrictive diet is never "the key". Do you really plan on eliminating sugar and grains from your diet for the rest or your life? No cookies, no cake, no brownies, no candy, no pasta, no cereal, no bread...for the rest of your life? Does that really seem practical or realistic to you. If that's your plan, by all means good luck, but there are better, more enjoyable, and not to mention more effective ways to go about eating healthy.

It's very realistic. For people who feel substantially better on a grain-free diet, it's a no-brainer and not at all restrictive. Eating grain makes every joint in my body hurt. It makes my muscles sore. It disrupts my sleep. It disrupts my digestion. If I choose to eat grain, I'm quickly reminded of why I typically avoid it.

Why in the world are you discouraging someone from a WOE and WOL that they find helpful?!

Because of the statement that people who eat otherwise are mis-informed? Grain doesn't make my joints hurt. It doesn't make my muscles sore. It doesn't disrupt my sleep or my digestion. I'm not misinformed.

Nobody cares if OP wants to eat grain, but OP seems to care if other people do. That's the issue.

Nope, just sharing my experience. Not telling other how they should live. Pointing to information I found. I don't give a hoot what other people do. They can all die for all I care. I typically don't like people in general, and this post is reminding me why.