Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Kobz27 wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Also, vinnie tortorich has a doctorate from Tulane which is more than can be said about you people naysaying NSNG. He is one of the best fitness trainers out there. Go to his site, debate him...

You have no idea what my or anyone else's qualifications are.

Don't care

LOL why did you bring it up then?
  • mkm81
    mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just curious what your normal diet looks like on NSNG? Can you advise what some of your daily meals are? Is it just essentially no processed foods - so protein, fresh fruit and veggies? Thanks much! Appreciate it!
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    mkm81 wrote: »
    Just curious what your normal diet looks like on NSNG? Can you advise what some of your daily meals are? Is it just essentially no processed foods - so protein, fresh fruit and veggies? Thanks much! Appreciate it!

No sugar means no fruit.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    After 4 years of yo-yo'ing I've found the key...NSNG - NO SUGAR, NO GRAINS

No you haven't lol. A restrictive diet is never "the key". Do you really plan on eliminating sugar and grains from your diet for the rest or your life? No cookies, no cake, no brownies, no candy, no pasta, no cereal, no bread...for the rest of your life? Does that really seem practical or realistic to you. If that's your plan, by all means good luck, but there are better, more enjoyable, and not to mention more effective ways to go about eating healthy.

It's very realistic. For people who feel substantially better on a grain-free diet, it's a no-brainer and not at all restrictive. Eating grain makes every joint in my body hurt. It makes my muscles sore. It disrupts my sleep. It disrupts my digestion. If I choose to eat grain, I'm quickly reminded of why I typically avoid it.

Why in the world are you discouraging someone from a WOE and WOL that they find helpful?!

Because of the statement that people who eat otherwise are mis-informed? Grain doesn't make my joints hurt. It doesn't make my muscles sore. It doesn't disrupt my sleep or my digestion. I'm not misinformed.

Nobody cares if OP wants to eat grain, but OP seems to care if other people do. That's the issue.

Nope, just sharing my experience. Not telling other how they should live. Pointing to information I found. I don't give a hoot what other people do. They can all die for all I care. I typically don't like people in general, and this post is reminding me why.

Well that escalated quickly.

0 to 100 REAL QUICK.
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've said all I've needed to say in the thread. I'm in 2 months and feel great and the results are visible with a very low activity level. There's plenty of places to find the information if you care to look. The main basis for the diet came from vinnietortorich dot com faqs. Go there to learn about it before going on the offensive If you're just here to refute it, your efforts are futile. Im not doing harm to my body which is the only reason people would need to jump in with their opinion. I'll post continued results monthly. Have a good day, and good luck in all your personal health endeavors.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Also, vinnie tortorich has a doctorate from Tulane which is more than can be said about you people naysaying NSNG. He is one of the best fitness trainers out there. Go to his site, debate him...

Fitness trainers are generally not that knowledgeable about health and nutrition.
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mkm81 wrote: »

No sugar means no fruit.

Fruits under glycemic index of 50 are what Vinnie says. General rule is eat fruits you eat with the skin on. Berries are good. Avocados are an exception to that general rule
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

What is your source for the doctorate claim? I can't find it on his website and his Wikipedia page (which looks like he wrote himself) doesn't have it either. When I search Google, there is nothing either. This thread comes up, but I can't find another online source for his post-graduate education.
  • alicecat2
    alicecat2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You'll find a body of research to back up any diet claims. The key similarity among all these diet guru's is their business strategy to capitalize on the general public's never-ending desire to find a quick fix or be part of a pretentious holier than thou diet cult. These things may work for some people some of the time, but no one should be claiming that one way is the fix for everyone. Sugar may share some of the addictive properties of certain drugs, but it is not "more addictive than crack!" If you eat tons of crap food all the time, yes your body may not feel so great. But the idea that we need to eat certain things or drink juice or buy supplements to "detox" is ridiculous. Unless your liver or kidneys are broken or you're addicted to drugs and alcohol, you don't need to "detoxify your body".
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    After 4 years of yo-yo'ing I've found the key...NSNG - NO SUGAR, NO GRAINS

No you haven't lol. A restrictive diet is never "the key". Do you really plan on eliminating sugar and grains from your diet for the rest or your life? No cookies, no cake, no brownies, no candy, no pasta, no cereal, no bread...for the rest of your life? Does that really seem practical or realistic to you. If that's your plan, by all means good luck, but there are better, more enjoyable, and not to mention more effective ways to go about eating healthy.

If it works for him, it's the key. Although I wouldn't do it, this doesn't seem at all unrealistic, or even mildly difficult.

OP: If you haven't listened to Rogan's podcasts with Rhonda Patrick, I highly recommend them.