Replies

• Amaya6702
    Amaya6702 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Amaya6702 wrote: »
    stowns30 wrote: »
    So.... My waist trainer arrived today. Gonna see if this can help get rid of belly fat while I'm on this weight gain journey. Working out to build muscle and eating like crazy to gain weight. #TheStoryOfMyLife

It doesnt work like that. Fat is determined by genetics and available energy. A corset is nothing going to modify the energy balance.

Patience of a saint Lemon, I can't believe what I'm reading from these ladies. Social media is obviously at fault here for women of colour who don't fit into the 'big booty, slim waist' cartoon proportions that are sometimes gained through fat transfer surgery.

Unless you lift weights and eat more you won't achieve what you desire through drinking syrup and wearing a piece of elastic round your middle.

A lot of women see results with apetamin period! Why don't you stay in your lane if it works for someone it works! Not like its any of your buisness anyway.

99% of the women who have used apetamin on this board just got fat and complained about the "results". So sure, you can believe YouTube or Instagram.

And no one is mad. Most of us are actually trying to help people succeed. But its ok if you don't see that.

Maybe the goal is to gain fat, that can be hard fot naturally skinny women. Not everyone wants to gain just muscle and look like a body builder.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So.... My waist trainer arrived today. Gonna see if this can help get rid of belly fat while I'm on this weight gain journey. Working out to build muscle and eating like crazy to gain weight. #TheStoryOfMyLife

It doesnt work like that. Fat is determined by genetics and available energy. A corset is nothing going to modify the energy balance.

Patience of a saint Lemon, I can't believe what I'm reading from these ladies. Social media is obviously at fault here for women of colour who don't fit into the 'big booty, slim waist' cartoon proportions that are sometimes gained through fat transfer surgery.

Unless you lift weights and eat more you won't achieve what you desire through drinking syrup and wearing a piece of elastic round your middle.

A lot of women see results with apetamin period! Why don't you stay in your lane if it works for someone it works! Not like its any of your buisness anyway.

99% of the women who have used apetamin on this board just got fat and complained about the "results". So sure, you can believe YouTube or Instagram.

And no one is mad. Most of us are actually trying to help people succeed. But its ok if you don't see that.

Maybe the goal is to gain fat, that can be hard fot naturally skinny women. Not everyone wants to gain just muscle and look like a body builder.

If you spent some more time here the goal for these women have been to gain some fat, but mostly in their butts. Why do I know this? Becauese i have helped or tried to help each one of them, even when they chose not to listen to the initial advice.

What happened in almost all the cases was excessive gain in their stomach region. That happens when quick weight gain. And many of these women were gaining 10 lbs a month.

If they would have slowed it down to a few lbs of month and focused on resistance training, particularly in the areas they wanted to improve, it would be less likely to have that issue.

And I fully understand there are those with difficulties with gaining. Its why a few of my threads are stickied. Maybe it would be worth it to you to check out, are you a hard gainer? Its decided to those who struggle to gain. Its full of tips, strategies and foods to help achieve goals. And by using these foods, and not relying on a syrup, you develop the ability to learn which foods can help you sustain your weight gain; btw, several of the women in this thread had that issue. Reliance on a stimulant and/or a suppressant reduces the success rate. And that doesn't include the fact that your body will become accustomed to it.

And lastly, it takes years to look like a bodybuilder... Or a lot of drugs. Assuming that any of these women would achieve that by doing a little resistance training to help mitigate fat gains would be ludicrous. Hell, it even takes years for males to get to that point. That is how real life works. Half the crap you see on the internet is either photoshopped, uses lighting tricks, specific angles or more. That ain't real life.

And just in case you are struggling, here is the thread i mentioned: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • Amaya6702
    Amaya6702 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

If you spent some more time here the goal for these women have been to gain some fat, but mostly in their butts. Why do I know this? Becauese i have helped or tried to help each one of them, even when they chose not to listen to the initial advice.

What happened in almost all the cases was excessive gain in their stomach region. That happens when quick weight gain. And many of these women were gaining 10 lbs a month.

If they would have slowed it down to a few lbs of month and focused on resistance training, particularly in the areas they wanted to improve, it would be less likely to have that issue.

And I fully understand there are those with difficulties with gaining. Its why a few of my threads are stickied. Maybe it would be worth it to you to check out, are you a hard gainer? Its decided to those who struggle to gain. Its full of tips, strategies and foods to help achieve goals. And by using these foods, and not relying on a syrup, you develop the ability to learn which foods can help you sustain your weight gain; btw, several of the women in this thread had that issue. Reliance on a stimulant and/or a suppressant reduces the success rate. And that doesn't include the fact that your body will become accustomed to it.

And lastly, it takes years to look like a bodybuilder... Or a lot of drugs. Assuming that any of these women would achieve that by doing a little resistance training to help mitigate fat gains would be ludicrous. Hell, it even takes years for males to get to that point. That is how real life works. Half the crap you see on the internet is either photoshopped, uses lighting tricks, specific angles or more. That ain't real life.

And just in case you are struggling, here is the thread i mentioned: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Okay thank you, I will check out the thread. I know I probably came off as disrespectful in my comments but I was just laughing reading posts from years ago of people going back and forth on this thread thats all, I realize you're just trying to be helpful and I respect that. Yes it is hard for me to gain weight, I've been skinny all my life and weighed 105-115 my teenage years, I'm 20 now 5'4" and am currently 126, I've gained 6lbs since 12/6 when I started getting serious about gaining weight. I've never taken apetamin, I'm just trying to eat as much as I can to gain weight naturally and I'm also taking maca so that higher estrogen levels will help with fat distribution and I think it's supposed to promote muscle growth. I do stuggle eating enough calories even with drinking 2 protein shakes a day so that's why I was reading through the apetamin comments because an apetite stimulant might help me eat more. I'm hesitant because of the side effects, what are other options for appetite stimulants?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Okay thank you, I will check out the thread. I know I probably came off as disrespectful in my comments but I was just laughing reading posts from years ago of people going back and forth on this thread thats all, I realize you're just trying to be helpful and I respect that. Yes it is hard for me to gain weight, I've been skinny all my life and weighed 105-115 my teenage years, I'm 20 now 5'4" and am currently 126, I've gained 6lbs since 12/6 when I started getting serious about gaining weight. I've never taken apetamin, I'm just trying to eat as much as I can to gain weight naturally and I'm also taking maca so that higher estrogen levels will help with fat distribution and I think it's supposed to promote muscle growth. I do stuggle eating enough calories even with drinking 2 protein shakes a day so that's why I was reading through the apetamin comments because an apetite stimulant might help me eat more. I'm hesitant because of the side effects, what are other options for appetite stimulants?

You could also look at adding foods that are higher calorie and lower volume. Here's a starter list:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • psuLemon
    Options

Exercise can help stimulate appetite in some. I particularly have an increase after heavy lifting.

But you are at a good pace. Aiming for 1/2-1 lb per week is deal to reduce fat increases, especially if you are exercising.

Additional, there is nothing you can do to change fat distribution. That comes from genetics.

I would definitely recommend exercising since gaining muscle is what will make your body look better at higher weights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • jaciejaciexoxo
    jaciejaciexoxo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I tried Apetamin but sadly it didn’t work for me before but I think I’m going to order some more & give it a second chance.....
    just a side note, I would suggest you all to take small breaks from it every now and then to give your organs a break
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hey ladies, I tried Apetamin but sadly it didn’t work for me before but I think I’m going to order some more & give it a second chance.....
    just a side note, I would suggest you all to take small breaks from it every now and then to give your organs a break

Why would you try something if you know it didn't work for you last time? Why not trying changing the foods you eat, to increade the chance of success this time?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

Do you mean, it didn't increase your appetite, or that you didn't put on weight? The only way you will gain weight is to eat more. If it didn't work last time, it probably won't this time.
    I to empathise with the struggle to eat more. I love food but get full very quickly and until I started using mfp and weighing and logging my food, I thought I'd never be able to gain weight. But it is possible! If you follow the above advice and look at the sticky posts at the top of this forum page , I think you will find it really helpful. I have found that my appetite has improved as my eating habits have changed. It's still a struggle on some days but I've now reached my goal weight and I'm managing to keep it on.