WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @miriamwithcats <3 (((Hug))) I'm glad you're not mad at me.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Group hug y'all
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    hidee ho again~
    I dont talk political stuff, as it bores me so Miriam your safe with me :*
    Sorry , just sort of feeling sorry for myself as I dont get to do alot of fun stuff...as you know by now I like to have fun or do fun things...but the way my life is going lately not a fun thing to be had... well the wedding and Nashville were fun.. but sorta had to take care of people at both... such is my lot in life I guess..
    I would love to go for a boat ride with someone, or get asked to a nice outdoor concert ,or something fun like that.. but alas it doesn't happen..
    Tom leaves thursday for florida for 9 days, and the other assistant Zina starts her vacation Saterday for a week.. so I will be working 45 hrs ,plus be on my own with the dogs, will ask my DB to come by at lunchtime and let them out... now being on my own with the dogs is fine and I dont mind that.. next weekend I have off from work.. would love to do something.... but have to be around for the doggies.. so will look around to see what could be a fun thing to do.. even if its on my own..
    I have to be like Barbie~ be grateful for what I have, start a gratitude journal... I am truly blessed .. except for being on the round side.. and really having to knuckle down I am on this side of the ground ,, for that I am grateful..my children and husband are healthy and my dad is in pretty good shape.. I have a nice home both here and in Florida. and we have food in the fridge and are able to pay the bills.. so I guess I am truly a very lucky person... so on that note
    I will shut my pie hole lol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Aillie sending you (((hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip, feelin the hug :)

Janetr okc

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    t4624.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Mary, My thighs and butt are already feeling "good sore". Slight discomfort in rhomboids. I can't believe I am feeling this already with this beginner workout! YAY!!
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) yesterday when I was walking the dogs for the umpteenth time alternating with doing laundry, I had a brief "pity party" and began humming the Diana Ross song "It's My Turn". I came into the house and found a YouTube video of the song and sang along and felt much better (the lyrics don't apply to anything in my life, only the title fit into my little pity fit). This morning when we went out to drop our ballots in the box in a local shopping center (we vote by mail here for all elections), I remembered the great shoe store in that shopping center and decided to go in there and see about getting a new pair of dog walking shoes (my current ones are falling apart) and found a great pair. Here is a picture:

l2fdvnkd4f3u.jpg

<3 I love all of you and don't want to spoil or friendship by discussions or postings of topics that are controversial--politics, religion, health care, law enforcement or anything else that divides people.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    back to the gym tomorrow, nite peeps
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Mary, My thighs and butt are already feeling "good sore". Slight discomfort in rhomboids. I can't believe I am feeling this already with this beginner workout! YAY!!

Good for you!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did 50 min of Cathe Friedrich's Afterburn DVD. That's a pretty good DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion DVD which I believe is primarily yoga.

DJ - we have a lot of half-backs, too. Welcome to the group of "non-losers"! I can't remember the last time we had a HOA board meeting. I hear ya about enforcing the rules for everyone. the people across the street just built a house and it looks so weird, it's not like anything else in the neighborhood. When we had the detached garage built, we had to use the same bricks, etc. It had to look like it was built as part of the house. When we had the pool built, we had to get their approval. The only thing I can think of is that the Board has become so very lax. that's good in a sense, but not good in another sense.

janetr - I have the brownest thumb on this side of the Atlantic. I kill everything except weeds. I love plants that will grow year after year. I just can't be bothered to plant every year.

Lenora - yup, Vince is waiting for them to invent a "vitamin exercise". It's funny in a way, when he takes me to the extremepump class or the deep water class (I've given up most of the others, I can't ask him to drive me all over the place), I exercise while he goes to Waffle House or McD's for breakfast. Fortunately, only 11 more days of this (I can't wait). He complained the other day that he's gaining weight. Well, I wonder why. Do ya think these breakfasts might have contributed to it?

While waiting for Vince to get up, I made more chocolate bran muffins. Also hard boiled some more eggs for me to have later in the week. Got dinner ready. I really didn't need the muffins yet. To me, they satisfy my chocolate craving while forcing me to drink more water. I had to remind Vince that we need to go to the farmer's market. I need more purple potatoes and I want to look for beets. Hope they have them and aren't out of them yet. then I'd like to stop at the Salvation Army and on our way home stop at Bi-Lo. Then I'll probably work some more on those weeds. I'll get it done yet. Update: he didn't have any purple potatoes and this one lady won't have beets until the fall

Lisa - yea for no debt!

KJ - what is the difference between the "insightful" button and the "like" button?

Rita - How I wish I had the Dark Shadows DVD's. That would be so so cool. I'll check my local WalMart, but I'm not holding out much hope. To me, shopping IS exercise - especially if you're trying on clothing. All the bending to get things off the floor. Not to mention that arm work you get holding all the clothes you're going to try on, then holding the clothes you're going to be buying. Only thing is...when I go shopping it really isn't cardio at all for me. I stop and look at everything and anything. Vince hates that I go so slow, but I don't want to miss something (especially a bargain!)

Larisa - I wish I had dense bones! You're so lucky. So sorry you're in and going to continue to be in such pain. Beautiful flowers

Karen in VA - yesterday I prelogged some tofu/cocoa but I was so full from the waffle I had for dinner that I never had it. Congrats on the NSV's. I'm lucky in that I can have one or two pieces of Vince's popcorn when we go to the movies and I'm satisfied. I know that not everyone is this way.

Heather - I usually take out the foods for the following week so that they have time to defrost. I'm the same way as far as vegetables -- have what I need to use up. I have some frozen broccoli, but that won't go bad. But the fresh cauliflower will so I have been having that.

SonicPal - welcome to a place of lots of support!

Miriam - yes, you have a big heart and are so loved

barbie - you....a pity party???? I didn't think something like that ever happened to you. Well, guess I was wrong. Good looking shoes

Anne from WI - great on replacing the toilet.

Margaret - I always let someone go ahead of me that has only 1 or 2 items and I may have a whole lot. Also, I've been known to give people coupons or let them use my customer cards to get discounts.

Went to the farmer's market, then the Salvation Army where I found two tops that I liked, then Bi-Lo. I thought the toothpaste was 2/$3 but it was $3 per tube. I'm not going to pay that much! But they did have good grapes on sale so I got some and some potatoes for Vince. I think I'm just going to take a break from the purple potatoes for a while.

then came home and worked for about 3-1/2 hrs on the weeds. Today Vince came outside with me! I told him that he really didn't have to. I suspect part of it was that he was afraid that I was starting the weed eater the wrong way. Now, this isn't a weedwacker. It's taken down trees so you know that it's heavy duty. But there are still some branches on the sticker bushes that are so thick that it can't get them. Tomorrow I'll probably take the hedge trimmer and both of the extension cords up there with me. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I must say, I think I got a lot done today. But part of that is because what I was working on was mostly weeds, which goes a lot lot faster. Vince finished cutting down the weeds in this other section so it's just the section where the sticker bushes are that needs to get done. It must have been really hot today because I had 96oz of water. Of course, now the bathroom is my best friend....lol

Miriam - do you have problems finding men's shoes in the smaller sizes? My bowling shoes are a men's size 6. I tried buying a pair of men's 7-1/2 sneakers (that was the smallest size they had) but they are too big for me.

Mary - I'm starting to go over those links you sent. I'll get there yet!

Michele in NC