POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    So it looks like the new update is hatching the "baby" Pokemon from gen 2. Nothing new to catch, just lots of walking to hatch eggs. And you can catch Pikachu in a Santa hat until Dec 29 (hopefully these will be as common as all the ghost Pokemon were around Halloween, I'm still sooooo far away from evolving a Raichu). I haven't seen any of the other things rumored to come with this update yet, like more customization options for your trainer or genders assigned to your Pokemon... I guess we'll see in the next week or so?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    I saw a Pikachu with the Santa hat on my sightings, but had to head home because I was running late. I have the candies to evolve a Raichu, but I don't have a Pikachu who would be worth evolving. Maybe if a bunch start popping up I will get one.
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    Found this guy!

rkri78iyd1lo.png

Saw two of them on my walk tonight, but the first one (by a Starbucks, imagine that) ran away even though it was only 97 CP. Didn't take any chances and whipped out the Ultraballs for this one.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Pikachu with a Santa hat? Had one pop up, but didn't get it. Anyone know about it?

One also came up on my nearby but I wasn't fast enough to get there. :(
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    uulqf5gqx0ni.png

Uh...whaaaat? I didn't even get the first set! :hushed:
  • chocolate_owl
    Options

You already hatched one? Dang, I cleaned out 5 eggs last night and the best thing I got was an Abra.

I'm honestly glad they didn't add on the entire Gen 2 set yet. I'm feeling really overwhelmed to catch up.
  • _SummerGirl_
    Options

You already hatched one? Dang, I cleaned out 5 eggs last night and the best thing I got was an Abra.

I'm honestly glad they didn't add on the entire Gen 2 set yet. I'm feeling really overwhelmed to catch up.

As luck would have it, I had a rare 10k egg ready to hatch (I hardly get those), so that's probly why I got a good hatching!

I also feel completely overwhelmed. :cry:
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Hatched a 10k today and got a frickin Jinx! Useless! And the Pidgeys and Rattatas in my are are having just a little too much attitude recently... :(
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Caught Pikachu today. :smile:
  • _SummerGirl_
    Options
    Caught Pikachu today. :smile:

Awesome!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how I'm going to get my walking in with a foot of snow expected over the next 36 hours, with sub-zero temps the next few days. Gotta get those babby Pokemans.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to play but my hands get too cold out of my mitts
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how I'm going to get my walking in with a foot of snow expected over the next 36 hours, with sub-zero temps the next few days. Gotta get those babby Pokemans.

It's gonna be 70 degrees today and tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon it drops to 30, Sunday it goes to 18. I'm going for a 5 hour walk Saturday morning before winter hits here. If you figure out how to deal with the cold and the snow, let me know... I've got a lot of eggs to hatch
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Santa Pikas evolve to Santa Raichu
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    uulqf5gqx0ni.png

how do you have so many in your pokedex? Mine only goes up to 149... I feel jipped and stuff.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

It's gonna be 70 degrees today and tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon it drops to 30, Sunday it goes to 18. I'm going for a 5 hour walk Saturday morning before winter hits here. If you figure out how to deal with the cold and the snow, let me know... I've got a lot of eggs to hatch

I do have a pair of Costco strap-on spikes for my shoes. Those are pretty handy.
  • rileysowner
    Options

Say whaaaaaaaa?

Isn't he cute? Hopefully he keeps his hat even after Christmas is over.
    kn9wv8wcfjlx.jpg
  • chocolate_owl
    Options

Say whaaaaaaaa?

Isn't he cute? Hopefully he keeps his hat even after Christmas is over.
    kn9wv8wcfjlx.jpg

Omg he's adorable! I can't wait to get one! 3 Pikas away, should have that by tomorrow afternoon :)
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    uulqf5gqx0ni.png

how do you have so many in your pokedex? Mine only goes up to 149... I feel jipped and stuff.

The Pokedex grows based on the highest numbered Pokemon you've "seen." Once you hatch one of the new ones, your Pokedex will expand to show all those others.
  • _SummerGirl_
    Options
    uulqf5gqx0ni.png

The Pokedex grows based on the highest numbered Pokemon you've "seen." Once you hatch one of the new ones, your Pokedex will expand to show all those others.

Is that it? I thought it was just an update. I just got lucky...with the cleffa hatch. I so very rarely get 10k eggs. I think I've had 3? 4? That includes the one they give with leveling up.