• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Magikarp update:148

All I want for Xmas is a d@mn Gyrados..
  • grrrlgeek
    grrrlgeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    rileysowner - my son tells me Ditto was not just for the Thanksgiving bonus and it hides as pidgies, weedles, and zubats. I've caught one but he hasn't. We are in a busy Pokémon town, though.

Broomstick_Boo - is Majikarp your buddy?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    grrrlgeek wrote: »
    rileysowner - my son tells me Ditto was not just for the Thanksgiving bonus and it hides as pidgies, weedles, and zubats. I've caught one but he hasn't. We are in a busy Pokémon town, though.

That is correct about the Ditto. They are still around, but pretty rare, and it requires catching a lot of pidgies, weedles, and zubats to find one.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've caught 4 dittos.

@Broomstick_Boo I evolved a magikarp back in October with the Halloween special. 4 candies for a km, and 12 I think when you caught them, 20+ when you hatched one. I walked the pier with a lucky egg and incense to get them for three days plus walked 4-5 miles a day everyday during the special. #noregrets :smiley:

Maybe they'll be another special soon. Or you can go "fishing" too.

For everyone,
    What Pokémon do you want to catch? Battle strategy? Favorite Pokemon to battle with?

Idk what I wanna catch. Right now it seems they are stingy with the balls. So everything is a pidgy since they evolve with only 12 candies. Points points points! I wouldn't mind finding some dratinis. I've only hatched one. Never seen one in the wild.

I heard that's second gen might be out this week.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I have a damn windows phone :( I died when pokemon go came out and am reminded of that death just now. :(((((
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I've caught 4 dittos.

@Broomstick_Boo I evolved a magikarp back in October with the Halloween special. 4 candies for a km, and 12 I think when you caught them, 20+ when you hatched one. I walked the pier with a lucky egg and incense to get them for three days plus walked 4-5 miles a day everyday during the special. #noregrets :smiley:

Maybe they'll be another special soon. Or you can go "fishing" too.

For everyone,
    What Pokémon do you want to catch? Battle strategy? Favorite Pokemon to battle with?

Idk what I wanna catch. Right now it seems they are stingy with the balls. So everything is a pidgy since they evolve with only 12 candies. Points points points! I wouldn't mind finding some dratinis. I've only hatched one. Never seen one in the wild.

I heard that's second gen might be out this week.

Caught a Dratini in the wild about a month of so back. Have not hatched one though.

I don't know what I would like to get at this point. I am working on getting enough candies to evolve a pretty good Oddish to a Vileplume. At the moment my favorite battle pokemon is a vaporeon and my many Gastlies.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Is there nude Pokemon somewhere?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »
    Is there nude Pokemon somewhere?

Yes! The ditto is anything you want it to be! Haha! I'd like it to do a sweet transvestite impression. (Tim Curry Rocky horror picture show). :kissing_closed_eyes::smiley:

Eta- although, I guess they all are nude. No clothes on any of the pocket monsters.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Magikarp update:148

All I want for Xmas is a d@mn Gyrados..

Omg we want one too
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    New stuff? I didn't know. I'm at Level 26

I'm guessing it is because of the holidays. I got a Ditto last week. I also caught a Grimer the other week. And because of all the additional Pokémon around, I've caught a ton more ...and was able to evolve a golem and a magneton, which got me up to level 27 FINALLY!!!

And I even play less than I once did. The updates with streak points make it easier!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Annoying. Seems as though all the neighbours playing this game need to refuel in my garage .... Uuugh!
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    grrrlgeek wrote: »

No, he isn't. Been evolving Mankey to Primeape, Charmander to Charmeleon and Ekans to Arbok.
    I popped to the local pond two weeks ago in the hopes of a good haul- used incense and a lure and caught a grand total of one Magikarp! :weary:
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I'm only level 23. I feel so far behind everyone else!

It's interesting seeing what everyone else is finding rare. I got my Magikarp evolved after two long walks around the lake. I still haven't evolved a Growlithe, Jigglypuff, Clefairy... Haven't seen a Snorlax. I caught my first Rhyhorn in Arizona but haven't seen one back here, I bet I have to walk my way to a Rhydon. Geodudes have started showing up more but I'm really far away from a Golem. Ekans are everywhere here and my husband hates it, snakes freak him out.

Voltorbs and Magnemites are things I don't see around at all, but I played in the Oakland airport once and caught about 40 of both. It was insane, they were everywhere. Traveling is the only reason I'm doing decently at this game...

My buddies have been Vulpix, Ponyta, Bulbasaur, and now Charmander.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    yes! I saw my first ever Dragonair last night. After many ultra balls, berries, and backing out and starting again I got her! Only a 500 but I am still so happy!
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    yes! I saw my first ever Dragonair last night. After many ultra balls, berries, and backing out and starting again I got her! Only a 500 but I am still so happy!

Nicely done! :)
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Caught my first Dratini on the way to work. It's only CP 10, though :unamused:
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Caught my first Dratini on the way to work. It's only CP 10, though :unamused:

Where are you from and what were common in the area you found the Dratini?

I'm in England., South London. It randomly showed up on my train journey to work. :smile:
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Interesting. My app has been a bit glitchy lately- keeps chucking me out of the game. Hope the update sorts the problem out. Unless it's my phone...
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Thw boy is super excited for the update.
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Have they said what to expect from it?

Just evolved Growlithe to Arcanine. :smiley: