Options
1234568»

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    "don't count salad"...

as water.

I would count it as water, most of those vegetables have very high water content.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i do not log home made salads. i also dont log the 15cal dressing. trying not to get too anal with this logging thing.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    No matter what I eat for the lettuce portion of a salad, I tend to log it as 2 cups of 50-50 Mix.

I will log Tomatoes, anything marinated or pickled (artichokes, pepperoncini, etc), carrots, dressing

I don't bother logging cucumbers, green peppers - anything raw, low impact, and in small quantities.

it seems accurate enough.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Its salad. I don't count it, lettuce, salad dressing or taco salad. I'm not a marry.
    /thread.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    a salad can easily add up to 200-300 calories. I count EVERYTHING!

by the time im done with the lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green / yellow / red / orange peppers, avocado, sprouts, jalapeno, garlic, and pomegranate seeds / juice for dressing... and in the amount of a mixing bowl... MY SALAD MUST BE LOGGED!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I thought it was incredibly clear in context that she only meant the leaves and really low cal stuff that barely adds up to 50 calories.

I think people just wanted to jump on someone and intentionally misinterpreted the question so they could criticise.

Exactly - thank you and love you pluckabee :smile: And you too, Bearkisses :smile:

No, it's just confusing as hell. How can you say you count/log your veggies but NOT salads. What about salad's ingredients make it not log worthy...especially because most of it tends to be vegetables.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    HECK NO !!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea what the count is in croutons?? dressing, tomatoes ???? IF I were going rabbit ( no dressing) I might provided all the "stuff" is picked off.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I count my vegetables, because I want credit, from myself, for eating them.

^^^this
  • OregonAg
    OregonAg Posts: 1
    Options
    i do not log home made salads. i also dont log the 15cal dressing. trying not to get too anal with this logging thing.

I agree with this.

People freaking out over 50 calories must not really understand that every thing is an estimate and has a margin of error.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

People freaking out over 50 calories must not really understand that every thing is an estimate and has a margin of error.

that being said, even more reason that I do not want to knowingly contribute to addition error. I log everything... I keep the margin of error to a minimum.
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I thought it was incredibly clear in context that she only meant the leaves and really low cal stuff that barely adds up to 50 calories.

I think people just wanted to jump on someone and intentionally misinterpreted the question so they could criticise.

Yep.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    "don't count salad"...

as water.

I would count it as water, most of those vegetables have very high water content.

good point. and if the lettuce is cold, it will take your body energy to warm it up so it can use it....
    burning calories FTW!!!

ftw.gif
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I won't entirely understand why someone would bother to log if they aren't going to actually log what they eat. It seems to defeat the entire purpose, but whatever floats your boat.

Also the GIF above me... What is that from? Dollhouse?
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't count anything that doesn't have a substantial amount of calories in it. I know little things add up, but so far so good for me.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    wow... 7 pages about salad!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I count everything from salt to pepper.

Even my emergen-c had carbs.
  • chefmomcara
    Options
    I do count salad but sometimes can't find all the ingredients in my salad to score so go with the nearest probably not ideal but still gives me a guide and am losing weight thankfully :happy: