Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    There are a few people here that I've remained friends with since I first started on MFP years ago. :love:

- I've learned how to spot a "collector" for sure, and love responding to naughty messages like I have no idea what they're suggesting, or with heavy sarcasm.
    - I've learned how to search for a topic/question before trying to post about it, so I'm not irritating frequent forum flyers with the same questions they've already answered. There's some serious gold in old threads.
    - There are a ton of people on here that aren't genuine, obviously, so when you *DO* run into one, it's like unicorn rainbow magic. I love it.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I've learned about the people that troll these parts... they'll send you messages, then get a little pissy when you say you don't have KIK and are actually on this site to live a healthy life.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've learned that people deactivate real fast when they're called out for using another member's booty as their own profile pic.

Wait a minute. Did that include tight whites worn after Labor Day?

Possibly.

Yes.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    One of my favorites:
    You get a friend request from someone with zero note attached. Accept because why the heck not. Then get the "What are your goals?/What workouts are your favorite?/What motivates you?" BS for the first couple messages, then BAM -- "moar pics plz".

I cannot roll my eyes far enough into the back of my head.
    y9fmgp12sxm5.gif

Lesson learned? Messages that are composed of more than "hi, I'm xyz" attached to friend requests go a long way.
  • TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I have learned that with the right friends it can be a very fun and motivating place to track your health. There are plenty of people on herewho are not genuine and get offended and complain about everything! For each 100 "friends" you have you will probably end up with about 10 to 15 (maybe) who become good gunuine friends.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    And sometimes you don't care if they return or not....

Mmmhmmm

I guess multiple simultaneous accounts means you can woo yourself :laugh:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    And sometimes you don't care if they return or not....

Mmmhmmm

I guess multiple simultaneous accounts means you can woo yourself :laugh:

They are probably the only person that will be wooing them too!
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I've learned that it is possible to find decent people here. It isn't easy, but they do exist.

If you keep telling people I exist, you will blow my cover!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I've learned that it is possible to find decent people here. It isn't easy, but they do exist.

Bblwq8J.jpg

Awwww come here pookie!
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    It's really no different from "RL".
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    It's really no different from "RL".

Manipulators here and IRL. I think the ones here are a little more obvious though.

Yet they think not. Amusing, no? :joy: