Do you guys drink diet sodas?

Options

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I gave up any sort of diet coke about two months ago. I am sad that I had to give it up but I had to..
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 1 to 2 Pepsi Max a day, but as of last week I haven't touched the stuff. I went cold turkey and haven't looked back. I do however drink a couple iced coffees a day.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Diet soda makes you bloat, like anything with artificial sweetener. If you are totally opposed to sugar, better off to drink soda's sweetened with stevia. Blue Sky is a favorite treat for me, because the sugar is unrefined and it is organic. Honestly, soda should really not be a daily concern ... you shouldn't be having one more than once a week, if that. Save it for a special treat.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yep....,diet coke!!!
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    Ive mostly given up soda. I just drink water now. If we eat out i get a seltzer or just water. I'll treat myself to a regular soda every now and then.
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 2+ litres of coke a day. A real high caffeine addiction. I now don't drink any fizzy/caffeine at all, haven't for over 2 months. I'd suggest drinking none at all, or if you're able to, limit yourself a ton. I've heard that some of the things they add into diet coke (and other diet fizzy drinks) are just as bad for you as anything else in the normal coke.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have definitely cut back but have not given up my diet Pepsi. I am making it a point to drink over 100 oz of water a day, but allow myself 1 Diet Pepsi in the evening
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a lot of it but I will have one from time to time. Love Diet Sunkist.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I drink diet root beer! love love love it!!!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    If you like feeling bloated, ruining your teeth, drinking cancer-causing artificial sweeteners, carbonic acid, and distilled water that leeches minerals from your organs, go for it!

50centdriving.gif
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda maybe once per week, but other than that its water, water, and more water for me. I've found that diet sodas make me crave sweets which are already my weakness, so I have to be careful. But yeah, I don't see why you can't indulge every once in a while.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    yes, all the time
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I've lost a few pounds and drink 2 or 3 Diet Pepsi a day (24oz. Bottles)...... Best of Luck
  • kdv160
    kdv160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    After ending up with aspartame poisoning my doc told me it's better to drink regular soda than diet soda. I researched aspartame and found that it is basically a form of formaldehyde (one article also said methyl alcohol) and if you let your diet soda get too warm and still drink it it's even worse for you. Aspartame (and most artificial sweeteners) are the cause of many, many health issues but people don't think about what they're drinking so it gets missed. The docs thought I had MS because of my symptoms. I quit drinking diet coke cold turkey and haven't touched it in over 12 years. It took over 3 months for my symptoms to go away. Research it yourselves and be educated! :)
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    Nope, I gave up three years ago this August (:
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I didn't think diet sodas would be a big deal. Buuuuuuuuut, about 60g of sodium in a 20oz bottle. Rather get my sodium from food.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Nope, I hate diet soda:sick:
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I drink 5 to 7 a week.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of it. I consider it weight loss neutral. I drank lots before I started watching my food intake and I gained weight. I drink lots of it since I started watching my calories and now I'm losing weight.

I've read a lot of research articles on it, but I haven't seen any without research flaws. There are a number of studies that show that the more diet soda you drink, the more likely you are to be fat...but it seems more likely to me that fat people are more likely to turn to diet soda, than that the diet soda actually *causes* people to be fat.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I've lost a few pounds and drink 2 or 3 Diet Pepsi a day (24oz. Bottles)...... Best of Luck

only a few pounds, huh???