Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Several everyday.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I stopped just because it was ruining my teeth. Tired of having to pay for dental work. Now I only let myself have it on special occasions. I used to have it every day!
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I quit all sodas at the end of march of this year.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Only about a gallon a day.
    ^^^^ This.

I'm known for having my double gulp with me at all times. Including the ice in them I probably have 4 or 5 double gulps a day. It hasn't given me cravings for bread or pasta. I've lost 41 pounds, most of which was gained before knee replacement and home rehab. You just have to be aware of what you eat and make good decisions. You can't think it gives you free license to eat whatever you want. It isn't some magic drink that wipes out the 2,000 calorie meal you just wolfed down. It can't fix stupid.

One of my life's mottos: "Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess".
  • tiregirl82
    Options
    No - not at all! If I'm going to drink pop, I'm going all out and doing the regular Coke. Is it good for me? No, but at least I know I'm not guzzling aspartame.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this help but I like a splash of diet coke with my rum. :wink:

Lol. I can get down with that!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No - not at all! If I'm going to drink pop, I'm going all out and doing the regular Coke. Is it good for me? No, but at least I know I'm not guzzling aspartame.

Me too!
  • Sindakhelekwen
    Sindakhelekwen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet soda just because I don't like the after taste. I have regular soda but not all the time mostly as a treat. I'd much rather have water, juice, lemonade, ice tea, etc.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I do...way too much. I keep trying to drink more water but I fall back to coffee and diet pop
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No. I try not to ingest any artificial sweetener.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally. One a week or sometimes two. I dont really drink water. I know how bad that sounds. I drink herbal teas, diet green tea, oh and coffee. Lately Ive been making myself drink about 1-2 bottles of water a day after a workout. Im not entirely sure about artificial sweetners, but I know I lose more weight using them than adding sugar! Lol.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    What do you want to hear? You will find your truth here, whatever it is. It is awful and a health hazard and I lost 400 pounds and drank a 12 pack a day.

I think you might know the answer yourself...
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    One year, my daughters hockey coach asked that the kids not drink any soda or "energy" drinks. (Wow! ikr! What a revelation) And I thought, hmmmmm. So in solidarity to her because my husband and older daughter drink soda, I decided heck, why not I'll just stop drinking it for the season. So season ends and I'm sooooo happy, I can have my diet soda again. And Lent rolls around. I think I'd had like 3 soda's total so my daughter announces she's giving up soda for Lent, well OK I'll join you.

That was more than 5 years ago. Yes, I may have an occasional soda (we're talking maybe 2 a year) but when I do it's too sweet and syrupy and the carbonation is murder on my stomach.

I think for me, it was easier to give it up because I had my young daughter to show by example. While I guess she didn't HAVE to do it that hockey season, she did it to please her coach, I know plenty of the boys didn't give it up. But she did. We did. Sometimes she'll have a soda too, but she's the same as me, too sweet/syrupy, too bubbly. She'd rather have water or tea.
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No I don't drink diet anything it gives me stomach cramps, and severe headaches. Sometimes I wish I could have one for the fizz. I'll just stick to water and occasional sweet tea.
  • JBankey
    JBankey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke, coke zero and diet pepsi quite a bit. I drink a lot more water than I used to do as well. To his each his own
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Most diet sodas taste like battery acid to me. The only ones I can stomach are Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper Ten, but I normally don't drink those because I kicked soda a decade before they came out. Only when I want caffeine but don't feel like making more coffee.
  • jessbur80
    jessbur80 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just my personal experience, but I was ADDICTED to diet coke. Still consider myself an addict of the DC. However, it's been15 weeks and I've not had any carbonated beverages/artificial sweeteners and I've felt so much better. I don't have migraines every day anymore and I feel certain it's because I've laid off the diet sodas.
  • cristins2036
    Options
    No there is still sugar in Diet drinks. Drink more water, you can put a lemon in it for taste.
  • hhume10
    hhume10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As with anything, diet soda is fine in moderation. However, your body processes diet soda the same way as it does regular soda, i.e., you shouldn't expect to lose a bunch of weight just because you're drinking diet. Regular Coke is what I miss indulging in more than anything, so I typically grab one once a week on my cheat day. Drinking a lot of water really does help with the cravings though; pretty soon that will be your drink of choice!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to one or two a week simply because I think artificial sweeteners aren't very good for me and I find it stalls weight loss pretty good. I've still been preferring diet over regular though, as I normally eat fairly low carb and the sudden rush of sugar makes me feel pret-ty ill.