Do you guys drink diet sodas?

Options

Replies

• JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had a diet coke addiction like nothing else. I haven't had one in a little over a month now. But just seeing the words "Diet Coke" makes me want one.
  • jp_cullen
    jp_cullen Posts: 9
    Options
    I drink loads of diet coke! It rocks...no sugar! I have not put any weight on because of it!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a hard time parting ways with diet coke. Do you guys indulge in diet sodas? And if you do, how often?

I keep telling myself the diet coke is not adding any extra calories to my diet but I have heard that artificial sweeteners tend to pack on the pounds all the same.

What's your take on it?

I drink at least one diet coke a day. Since I'm cutting sugar and carbs from my diet, I use my diet coke to get my sweet fix. Just don't mix it with a candy bar and you'll be ok, that's when it adds weight! LOL
  • jackiefrost33
    Options
    I drink coke zero. But I do limit my intake. Usually 1 or 2 a day.
  • Lunastar3
    Lunastar3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,No... diet soda is full of sodium. I just drink water and most of the time I put a half of a lemon wedge in it.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,No... diet soda is full of sodium. I just drink water and most of the time I put a half of a lemon wedge in it.

The Diet Mountain Dew that I am currently drinking has 50 mg of sodium in it. That's less than the sodium in a dash of salt (155 mg).

I generally drink one diet soda a day. Some days I drink none, others I drink two. I just make sure to drink 8-10 cups of water in a day too, measure my food and make cravings wait a few days to be sure they are "real".
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is the secret to my success :smile:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    What natural sugar has zero calories?
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I drink a can of diet soft drink every time someone claims Aspartame is poison.

SO YOU IN HELLLLLLLL!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    No, stopped months ago. I don't drink much stuff in the day, and when I drank my coke zeros, I was never thirsty enough to also have water.

So I decided to stop, and now I can get all my water in.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You will pry it from my cold dead fingers!

AKA more for me! :)
  • adsim6
    adsim6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do! I love me some diet cherry coke maybe 4-5 in a wk but I need it to crave my sweets!
  • BarbMassacre
    Options
    I used to love regular coke. When I changed my eating habits, I went to Coke Zero. Now, because of just wanting to go all natural in what I eat and drink, I don't drink diet sodas anymore. Honestly, it's mostly because of caffeine issues as well now.

I try to drink a lot more water and non-caffeinated and herbal iced teas sweetened with stevia or agave syrup.

I still laze out and drink half my liquid as sugar free crystal light but it's still artificially sweetened. I am weening myself and it's really hard but I keep pushing on and if I can break the habit and form new ones it should be better health wise for me.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I RARELY drink soda, but when I do its always diet.
  • Janet55555555555
    Options
    I think water and unsweetened tea is better.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Only about a gallon a day.
  • kbauman09
    kbauman09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No. I gave them up (and I was TOTALLY addicted to Diet Coke) because I found that they actually made me crave sugar MORE. I had my last Diet Coke 1 1/2 years ago and don't miss it. When I want a carbonated drink in a can, I drink either Polar brand flavored water or La Croix. Both of them have no fake sugar and give me the pleasure of holding a can! If you are serious about losing weight and getting healthier, you really need to get rid of all of the fake stuff in your diet.
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No, I don't drink pop at all anymore. The way I see it, I want RESULTS. And I get results quicker without pop (or soda, as Americans say). Sure, it's not going to kill me to drink one every once in a while, but I don't think it's worth it. I'm on a journey towards health and wellness, not just weight loss. There is not a single thing in pop that is good for me, so I will not drink it. That being said, it doesn't mean that I don't crave a sip every now and then... I have been pop free since February 2012. Just went cold turkey.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Check my ticker.
    I drink one can of Diet Coke a day and have for years.
    I gained weight because I ate too much.
    I lost weight because I ate less.
    I gained and lost drinking Diet Coke :drinker:
  • KelleyFran28
    KelleyFran28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a diet coke maybe once or twice a month. I used to drink them often, but I'm finding that I really do prefer a good cold glass of water instead. It does take time to form new habits, though.