Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Nice number on scale yesterday was not so nice today. Such is the life of daily weighing. But honestly, I have not made any progress! Playing around with the same 2-3 lbs. Planning to keep carbs and calories lower today.

Dawn - I am with everyone else. Time to look for another job. I left my last job due to the toxicity of the environment. Even though I loved what I did and I loved a lot of my co-workers and other employees, I couldn't stomach the environment being created by management. I feel like a different person working where I am now. I don't take it home at night...

Sara - have a fun day! You are reminding me I should have removed the peeling/flaking nail polish from my fingernails. Not a good look.

Lana - how are you?

Today is work. Prepping for presentation I have to give tomorrow along with meeting with our retirement person just to look at the numbers and how I am invested. I think I want to make some changes.

Tonight DD tests for her yellow belt in tae kwon do. Please send positive thoughts!

Will lurk from work! Enjoy your Wednesday!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara/ Lana - thank you! I've been battling this decision with myself for a long time... yesterday just made it more intense...I think of walking away and see this dog or that dogs face and I just wanna break down and cry... not knowing if they are truly safe anymore, just kills me...I found a Vet that is hiring... less pay, further away...I dunno... lots of decisions, I suppose... thank you again ladies...

Annie - way to go on no pop! That is so awesome!

Well... off to see what the day brings!
    Be back later!
    Have a great day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    Processed cocoa, PB2 with ggoil in oatmeal was a success!!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    So glad I'm not part of the group at work, anymore... today was boss's birthday... made it so easy to walk away from pizza and cake!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    back and home for day. running around barefoot for a little while longer then sweep.

Dawn, consider new Vet, less stress has no $$ - ask around about the new vet or check online and see what reviews the Vet has....

Annie - Crossing fingers for yellow belt. You are kicking *kitten* on the soda! That by itself is a victory worth celebrating.

Lana stop by when you can - will be on the lounge chair soon.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Yes, Day 22 of no pop! And really not missing it. But maybe need to see if I'm replacing that fizz/flavor by eating too much.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    The Vet is a very good place... highly recommended... but, it's $1+ less and 30 miles as opposed to 10.. still thinking... there's also a Vision Center hiring, close... no experience required but preferred...I have none...I will keep looking...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Did get a nap in after sweeping. Sun and rain today.

Will curl up with dog and hot chocolate and back to work tomorrow.

Dawn, glad things are showing up possibly job wise. Apply to all and see what happens.

Annie - Yay! Food is easier to work off than high fructose corn syrup, so keep up the good work.

Lana - Coming by with dog to hang out under the Palm Tree later.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Extra cold yesterday 20 degrees lower than last week. Heater was running so I wore the full pajama outfit and slept like a log!!

Dogs tummy is making noise so if it is not raining when walking I may have to wait while she finds grass to eat.

Back to work - today is cafe special so that will be enjoyed.

Lana is today a day you go to MSK? Let us know how you are doing.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Thursday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies!

I slept very late today--a good thing because I have 4 appointments.
    I read all of the posts, but not enough time to comment on all. Hugs!

I started the radiation yesterday, so there will be a total of 25 workdays of this. No problem with that.

Lana

Today 245.0
    ATHigh 245.6 (I can't change this number emotionally, but last week it WAS higher. Working downward.)
    Goal 185?
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

Late check in. Busy day at work. Whew!

Scale was looking a little better this morning but still have not gotten rid of the latest gain. Was so tempted to go out for lunch but told myself "no" and went home for salad and a slice of meatloaf. Supper is looking to be an egg and a piece of toast. Another busy night with a meeting at church for the youth group fundraiser breakfast on Palm Sunday.

DD did not earn her yellow belt last night. :( Lots of tears. She did not break her board. They will work with her again at her next class on Monday and if she's able to break it then, she will get her belt.

Lana - sending good thoughts your way!

Enjoy your evening,

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Shepherd's Pie in oven. Will knit a little after dinner.

Bomb dropped at work, Supervisor is moving with her family to Oregon and it may be that for awhile our section will not have a Supervisor or Lead (lead out of family leave - baby). Really hope they bring in a good replacement. We have had such "winners" in our department in the past.....

Lana - are your sessions daily?

Annie - sometimes the board wins - mind over matter - she at least will try again.

Dawn how is job search going?

Here is a good one.

Positive Thoughts
    generate
    Positive Feelings
    and attract
    Positive Life Experiences - no name

Get your happy hats on and lets see what we can do!!

• ASalner
    Options
    Argh. DH brought pizza home for supper - which was not the egg and piece of toast I had planned.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Also found out at work that the company helped to pay for the baby's funeral, which is impressive. We are still gathering money for coworker in our department as well.

Something doesnt quite add up with Supervisor leaving, but since I will probably never know, I will just keep my head down. August 1st I will be there 5 years and be completely vested so all the $$ (401K and pension) is mine to take away. There will be a party on that day. Now to stay under the radar for 4 1/2 months with all the "cats" at work. My Supervisor was one of the most fair Supervisor's so I am really hoping I dont get a drama queen for my next one.

Oatmeal on, I am up early. Just is. Wave to all who follow TGIF!!
  • ASalner
    Options
    Friday

TGIF! I wish I could have slept in today. Rainy and gloomy outside.

Scale is up again from yesterday, but it is down a bit from last Saturday's WI...but still really no progress. Trying to be thankful I am not gaining more. Wondering why my body will not let go of some of this. I know I haven't eaten perfectly but I sure have cut back! I told DH he may be stuck with me this way. Of course, he always says I'm beautiful. I'm a lucky girl.

Today is Day 24 of no pop. Will focus on staying on track this weekend. I may be going out to lunch with a former co-worker today - kind of a last-minute thing. So may splurge.

I believe DH is going to stop at the university today to inquire about the walking track. I really need to get walking again. It is good for anxiety and BP - as well as cardio and weight loss.

Sara - Good luck staying out of the fray. I know you can do it! It's always a good feeling when you get 100% vested. Interesting that you have a 401K and pension. We are all pension as State employees and have options to put money in deferred comp and TSAs. We do a little to deferred comp but are starting to look again at putting more away.

Make it a great day!
    Annie

Today's weight: 156.2
    All time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - most places I know of have 401k but no pensions, so it is rare. I am noticing my shoulders are getting thinner - we lose weight in strange places. Have iced tea with your friend for lunch!! 24 days of no Pop is amazing.

BBL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Job search is pretty much at a stand still... now that I see how little the cats are actually being cared for, I feel like I need to step up...I am thinking of speaking with a Board Member about everything... one person can't change things... but, maybe it's better than just walking out...

At work... check in later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tired and crabby here. TGIF. No treatments on the weekend; yes, Sara, they are 5 days a week.

Time for dinner and then laying down and watching TV on my phone.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rain most of the day. Like Lana Tired and aiming for crabby. Have both days off this weekend which is a nice change.

Watched dvd with good looking men in it last night. See what weekend brings.

Will put dinner in toaster oven and wait. Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I found my happy hat. The wind blew it into the pool......
    Pretty strange about your work situation. No one is driving the bus! Do you want the job? You could bring Tillie to work if you were Queen!

Well, it seems that I caught a bug somewhere or I ate something bad. Back and forth to the bathroom.....I want to go to sleep, but "the storm" is not yet over, I don't think. I hope it's gone by tomorrow. Pepto Bismol.

Lana