Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Midweek weigh in was kinder. Have been walking a little more and extra snacking less.

Neighbor asked if I knitted as she saw my hat/scarf/ shawl, she is using yarn with a "loom" - its a round/oval plastic object with "fingers" sticking up that you use a crochet hook to create stitches. Good way to get back into yarn work and doesnt involve two knitting needles.

Newest chemotherapy hat in dark purple is beautiful though I think I created a new pattern and so long as it is wrong the whole way who cares? Only knitting people would know - note to self, no dark colors at night.

Cafe special is Chinese Chicken and yes I will be getting an order.

Miss T update, she is facing away from me (dog form of an insult). So need to get moving along.

Annie - I am so cheap I would wait for the Summer rate and use the indoor track to get away from the heat. Just me.

Dawn and Missy / new posters - wave to you as I run, dog is now barking. Oops got to go.

Wishing all a great day
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been reading along and you seem like a nice chatty consistent group - so I thought I'd say Hi! :smiley: I'm from the upper midwest - USA - near the Canadian border. Plugging along trying to lose about 30 pounds. As your title states - I start, I stop, I start, I stop = which is how I got from 130 to 148lb. Trying to reverse that trend.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wednesday

Welcome to new people!

Here we are in the middle of the work week. I'm ready for the weekend already but have to keep plugging away. DD has had a lot of homework this week and has needed a lot of support to get it done. Draining sometimes.

Haircut and color last night leaves me feeling refreshed.

Scale put me right back at 155.6 again today. So, again, not really making any progress. But not gaining. Hoping good weather and getting back to walking will help me break through this plateau.

Day 29 of no pop!!! DH is chomping at the bit to get back to drinking pop but I told him "no!" I admit I thought cutting out pop would have caused me to lose a few lbs or at least inches. I haven't seen either of those results. But will stick with it at least until Easter. Maybe longer.

Thinking I will wait until summer to pay the fee for the indoor track. DH and I discussed last night and agreed it would be good to have the membership for the summer when the heat and humidity are too much.

Today is my long day. Work, DD's tae kwon do, then church choir and waiting for DD to finish with her youth group activities. I won't get home until nearly 9 p.m.

Will lurk from work. Have a great day!

Annie

Today's weight: 155.6
    All time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I wish I could figure out how to share a pic...I don't seem to have the option, anymore..I don't remember if I shared the story of our Dachshund that we had at shelter for almost a year... he came from a hoarding situation and we could not touch him... thanks to my friend, we were finally able to get a leash on him and love him...I found a Dachshund Rescue a few hours away that was more than happy to take him... so, away he went, last week...the foster mom (she is a foster based rescue) called the next day and said how wonderful he is and that he had slept in her bed... today, I messaged her on FB and she sent me a pic of him taking a nap, snuggled up in bed with her! I am just so amazed at how different he is, out of a kennel... stories like this is why I'm still here! It makes a huge difference when someone truly cares for the animals...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, images above where you write the "paper" one is attach image/file
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I don't have that option...I have tried every symbol at the top and nothing....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I am using my computer..... maybe Lana who uses her phone.?????
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Testing one, two......

d8c34w9q0vlk.jpeg

Sara, remember this? Still makes me laugh!

Dawn, this isn't the easiest thing for me to do, but I drag a photo from my Photos (Mac Apple) and put it on the desktop. Then I open the MFP Serial Starters window, and I just drag the photo icon on desktop into the "writing box" on the bottom of the page. At that point it appears only as a line of jumbled characters, so I hit the Green Preview button to make sure that it looks as I want it to, and then I type around it, and hit Post Reply.

That's all the advice I have---I'm no computer person.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2017
    Options
    PS, I was unaware of the symbols above the writing box! I have been dragging and dropping. I bet that there are a few ways to do this. I found my way by clumsily bumbling around.

Also, I do not know how to add photos to this message board thread from my phone.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Annie

Of all that you wrote, I am freaked to hear that DH is chomping at the bit to get back to the pop. If he goes back, that will be hard on you. Pop is expensive (compared to water) and is no good whatsoever for your body.

When he goes back, if you really miss your pop, please try seltzer or flavored seltzer with a splash of orange juice instead. The seltzer with zero calories. I am finding the strawberry and raspberry flavored seltzers to be pretty tasty and fun when I want some fizz and a change from plain water.

Now if only I could follow my own advice regarding baked goods and candy for myself. This has been a difficult time for me. Ooooph.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thanks ladies...I use my phone.. and, I swear I used to have a little camera icon ... but, since I switched phones... no icon.
    . it's ok... just wanted to share pic of pup napping with his foster mom... makes me smile :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana -glad you still find that card amusing. It was the first I sent and I wasnt sure...... it does look like some of my hair do - "dont's" from the past.

Hey Lana - here is an earworm, I have been humming "I'd like to teach the world to sing" and "Me and my arrow" off and on all day. Keeps the other work noise away from me. Both became commercial jingles.

Eggs and chicken sausage for dinner, and then curl up with dog.

Dawn - not all my attempts to post pictures work either. Just glad the dog is happy.

Annie fight the good fight with the pop.

New profile picture of Miss T for awhile.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - yes, that is what's important.. love the new Miss T pic... super cute!

In for another stormy night... tornado watch until 11:00 ugh...

Talking to a friend's daughter... was horrified to hear she tried to take her own life, last night.. over a boy..I'm struggling with the right things to say for encouragement...I would love to be there for her, but she lives in Australia...I have had horrible break ups.. even moved away because of one.. but, taking my own life never seemed an option to me... she is so young (21 two days ago) and a beautiful woman, inside and out...I hate that she's going thru this...I hope she doesn't give up... he doesn't deserve her...
  • ASalner
    Options
    Lana - I have been putting Crystal Light in my water bottle if I need some flavor. I like the Pink Lemonade.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Coffee last thing at night will be stopping. Wake up with acid issues.....Fell asleep before dogs last outing and she let me know.

Dawn, the young lady could live next door and you still cant "be there" for her completely. She is still with us and maybe that will be enough to keep her going. You are right, no body is worth killing yourself for. Comes from a place of age.....

Rain surprised me this morning as it rained last night and I did not hear it. Means a good towel session after walk for the "little old lady". Lady at work spoke of how she fell asleep Tuesday night on her patio - hope she didnt last night!

Have been better this week with cravings and temptations. Child inside is not happy. I go and walk it off when I can.

Wishing all a great day.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

Successful trip to dentist. Today was just a cleaning and scheduled a time to have a new nightguard made. Of course, they mentioned that more crowns are in my future as my teeth have acid erosion. I don't eat an acidic diet and it seems I must have acid reflux I don't feel. Trying to take an antacid each night, but not good about doing it religiously. BP was 124/81. I checked it last night twice and got 123/87 and 117/76. So, feeling good about that.

Scale the same today. Back is being a bit achy. Doing some light stretching and took a couple of ibuprofen. Massage is next Tuesday.

Lunch out with project group today. Applebee's. Will likely have a salad.

A meeting in our building left huge bowls of Easter candy in our breakroom yesterday. Needless to say, I was not good with the cravings and temptations. Inner child won. Will try to do better today.

I stopped at home to make some coffee and fix my hair after laying in dentist chair. Time to scoot to work. Will lurk from work.

Annie

Today's weight: 155.6
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lana - at work so a real quickie. Consider having dark chocolate biscotti - dunk in a nice cup of coffee. You may have 1 a day. <3
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - you are right...I feel so lost in times like this... she doesn't have very good parental support... her Mom has never been much of a parent and her Dad has lived here since she was 18 months.... but, I message her occasionally on FB... usually, it's just a "Hi, how ya doing?" Conversation... rarely do we have a good talk... thankfully, we did last night..I encouraged her to talk to her Dad about possibly coming for a visit... she's never been to the states and I think she needs to get away...

We had rain, yesterday... storms possible again tonight... pup does not like at all....

Annie - glad dentist went well... that is one thing I truly dread... was blessed (cursed) with bad teeth, from both parents... ugh

Such a slow day, today... ready for the weekend...

Everyone enjoy your afternoon...
    Check in later
  • ASalner
    Options
    Success having tomato basil soup and oriental chicken salad lunch combo today. And only had water to drink. Still high calories for lunch but felt proud for not having a burger and fries. :) Too much candy yet today.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Have enough calories for one fig newton with herb tea as I sew up 8 preemie hats after dinner.

Debating - chili cheese hot dog with chips/soda (give away soda) or chili with cheese on baked potato? Tomorrow's special at work.

Quiche in toaster, shower done. Sleep will find me easily as it has this week.

Missy- fingers crossed for new job start date. Exercise plan sounds good. I walk more at work, so that helps.

Anne - my next dental visit is a cleaning so I hope to leave without anything more...... good for you for going. Our teeth are often neglected ($$$ is one reason).

Ding - dinner is ready and I am hungry, wishing all a good night.

Dog on her way Lana......