Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- chili on potato sounds so yummmm!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

Missy - good to see you! I do hope you can start your new position as soon as possible. You are going great in the exercise department. Good for you!

Dawn - I do hope that it happens that your young lady can come to the states for a visit. Keep us posted.

Annie - Candy is a difficult thing to avoid - I know! Give yourself credit for the better beverages though! That's a big deal!

Sara - Tillie looks cute in that photo. Can you get a closeup of that little face?
    You are making an amazing amount of little hats! Good karma!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- thanks...I'm trying to keep in touch with her... today is a good day and she's getting out of the house... so good to hear... How are you feeling?

Missy - going back to work after vacation is never fun... sounds like you enjoyed your time off... hope you get to start your new job, soon...I know you're more than ready to get started...

Found out today, Uncle that's living with Grandparents got a job.. Gma insists on working... and, no one is with Gpa while she's away... she is only gone about 4 hrs a day... and, she says he sleeps until she gets home...I still think someone should be with him... what if he wakes to use restroom and falls? I can't believe, no one in my family thinks about this...I will definitely be discussing with family, when I visit in a few weeks...

I may be back, later...
    Have a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning!

Another batch of preemie hats sewn together last night. 36 so far - lady at work has last package- hasnt connected with neighbor (nurse at hospital) so I will send along another dozen (just like eggs).

New picture of Miss T - she hates the camera so she does not cooperate well. Went back to best "head" shot. Knitted a shawl for step brother mil and she paints so we bartered and I got a painting of my dog..... just dont have the picture of it on file. Tried posting other pictures in profile and the picture size is too small.

Dawn - hard to be outside looking in with your grandfather.

Oops dont want to burn oatmeal. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Sara - that is a good photo of Tillie. We can see her colors! If ever you are able to photograph the painting, it would be neat to have a look!

Waving to Dawn and Annie and Missy~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I can't keep doing (or NOT doing) the same things over and over and expecting different results. I'm will continue to look for toeholds to get myself going to find the starting point for a new road to successful weight loss. So....

Yesterday I found two (of three) 2012 WW "power start" booklets from 2012. These were booklets they gave out to new members to help guide them the first few weeks. Each booklet has actual menu/food for 7 days of 3 meals + snacks.

So I am going to attempt to "go on a diet" for a week or two, if I can, and follow along on one of these booklets. It may help me to occasionally post here what one of my meals will be.

I never ever used to "go on a diet", so I think that that label and mind frame might be a good thing for a week or two.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

The scale doesn't like me on Fridays. It always goes up from the day before. Today at 156.2, so again, really no progress. Very frustrating. Today I wanted to swear and ended up having an egg and a piece of toast for breakfast rather than 2 eggs. Should have avoided the carbs but didn't.

Lana - I can totally relate. I evidently am not doing enough - not doing the right things - to see different results. What I'm doing is not working. I have considered either trying to find a diet or doing a different plan. I don't want to re-join WW. I did Medifast a few years ago when I got down to 145 but their products started to disagree with my stomach and I had to quit. So, I'm leery of any meal replacements. I think it's the soy in them that upsets my system. I should be able to do this with real food!

I have been trying to make better choices and be mindful. Drinking water = Day 31 of no pop! Eating salads and protein at lunch. Clearly I'm eating the wrong things at supper and still indulging too much. The lack of opportunity to exercise is not helping, either.

No big plans for the weekend. Need to do a bit of homework my own homework. (Might do some at work today). House needs attention! And I really should dig out the Easter decorations for the kids. And I know DD will have homework over the weekend.

Our dog developed some sort of injury yesterday which seems to be affecting her rear right hip or right leg. She was moving slow last night and seemed resistant to sitting or laying in certain ways. She seemed a little more chipper today. All we can think is she twisted something when she was playing fetch with my husband yesterday morning. Will take her to the vet if she doesn't bounce back soon.

That's all for now. Will lurk from work.

Annie

Today's weight: 156.2
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - It is difficult to lose weight when we cannot exercise much.

The end 1/4 of the day is the make or break point. If we lose control because we are tired and cranky, or have not eaten enough GOOD food that day, or have eaten too many carbs and the body wants MORE carbs--in a flash we can be grabbing some extra calories that then add up to no weight loss.

I am shuffling my food day around so that Lunch is in the evening before 9PM (when the kitchen "closes") and the "Snacks" or "Anytime food" is in the afternoon. I need some normal food with protein at night or I go to bed somewhat hungry, which can lead to middle of the night not-on-plan eating.

Definitely avoid the meal replacements because they seem to have too many sugars in them be it lactose or sugar or corn syrup.

I do hope your doggie feels better soon.

Sara - I wanted to say that I am going to store your good idea of getting biscotti and allowing ONE per day with some black coffee or milk. I don't dare do that right now because I am in a weight crisis and cannot have the biscotti around. I don't have enough control to not break down and gobble up half the package. That will come though. Over time, my self control wanes and strengthens. It will come back.

Lana

Today: 246.6
    Old All Time High: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lana you were moaning about finding chocolate flavored things that did not add up to actual chocolate, dark chocolate biscotti is a good 2nd to real chocolate.

Your plan sounds like it has some "traction" so keep us posted how it is going.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Saw this online at work: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/recipes/heres-how-to-meal-prep-lunches-for-the-entire-month/ss-BByAIXu?li=BBnb7Kw#image=7 I was pleased to see the phrase -freeze until later or freeze up to 2 months on a number of the recipes.

Quiche for dinner. Reading depending on eyes.

Wishing all a good night if I dont fly by before lights out.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yay! Managed a 2 mile walk tonight on my bum leg/hip. Felt pretty good. I wasn't sure if I should, but I took the dog with me and she did well and seemed very happy. She is getting better.

Supper was thin crust pizza. I had 1 1/2 slices. Water to drink. My "boo-boo" today was having a dark chocolate mocha from Starbucks.

Sara - I like the idea of one dark chocolate biscotti a day. I wonder if I would have the willpower?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - great job on that 2-mile walk. What is your dog's name? Glad she did well!

It's a good thing I'm stingy when it comes to Starbucks--I don't buy the coffee drinks there, only the pounds of coffee beans for home. I didn't know they had a dark chocolate mocha! Hopefully, I will forget this in a few days. There's one directly across the street from my building. :open_mouth: LOL!

Good night all~~

Lana

Today: 246.6
    Old All Time High: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY,

Good morning, up with dog who is now done so back for more ZZZ's for us.

Lana - good reality check on Starbucks - their drinks are corn syrup based. You have Ghiradelli chocolate to use to make your own, and you have a budget.

Dog to groomers today, she looks and smells so good that she gets extra hugs when she gets home. Treats are also on tap.

Long week, just glad its Saturday. Nap somewhere in today if I get lucky.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ew173i0txojn.gif
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lana - thank you for providing the fool part of today. Errands done, dog up next. I hope you didnt think I was nagging you about your hot chocolate, I just think Starbucks is overrated - especially when you have better chocolate at home.

Never good at weekend lunches so I just bought 2 more salads to eat. Boring, but stops some of the "extra" snacking.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh Sara, I'm just highly suggestible! Someone mentions something they are having to eat or drink, and, for the moment, I want it too! Just like a little kid sometimes. When I eat out with people, I always second guess my choice because I think other people's choices are better than mine. Must be rooted in my childhood somehow. LOL.

Miss Tillie will be all cuddly today and smelling nice from her groomer? Yay!

Time to shower, dress, and go for a walk. The rain seems to have stopped~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dog is waiting for sun to sunbathe.Bought chicken to make fried rice with chicken, havent had in awhile and it makes 4 servings.

Lana - hope you had a good walk. Sun bright here (less pollution) but rain is in forecast.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara-
    I managed to get out there for a walk! I headed up to the Park, got across to 5th Avenue, and the legs were getting shaky, so I got a bus and subway back home. IPhone says 2.2 miles. This is good all things considered.

Time for dinner. I still have plenty of "old points" left. Maybe scrambled eggs, cheese, and veggies.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Frozen lasagna for dinner. Bought french macaroons to share with groomer who knew how good they were. Hot chocolate for after dinner.

Tomorrow I cook for dinners - fried rice with chicken and vegetables (broccoli and mixed frozen vegetables).

Excellent walk Lana!! I usually sleep better after a good walk.

No nap today, reading book instead. Tomorrow who knows?

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- I do the exact same thing when eating with others... always wish I woulda got what someone else ordered... never thought it meant anything, other than possible food envy... congrats on the good walk!

3 times a year, we have a Swap meet at a Cave... it's not in the cave just on the grounds...we decided, spur of the moment, to go and just walk around... definitely got much needed steps in, NOT a good food day at all....we also succeeded in not spending any money..WIN WIN for sure!