Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    The best part of rainy weather...mushroom hunting! I didn't get to go myself, today... but, SO brought some home for dinner...we're gonna wait a few days and try again... it's the only hunting I'm ok with..really good exercise, hiking thru the woods, up and down the steep hills... and, they are so yummy!

Dawn,
    Reminds me of my childhood: My grandmother and uncle used to go mushroom picking. They knew the good ones from the poisonous ones. Eeeek!
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome @sherry_ann_mt! You are always welcome to join in and post... it's never rambling... good to know everyone's story/ experiences... this is a great place for support and encouragement.. the ladies here always know just what to say to help you along the way of your journey...
    Have a great night...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- I never had the experience, until a few years ago..I have yet to actually find a mushroom...I just enjoy walking in the woods and the hope of finding a yummy mushroom...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good morning,

Weight just keeps going up. How can I gain 2 pounds from yesterday? Okay 2 cups of hot chocolate was probably not by best option.....

Will consider a pcp apt to discuss my bp meds as my weight is just not going down.

Annie - do you have a humidifier in your home or bedroom? The hot air blowing on your sinuses also aggravates your eyes.

What a great way to start a week. Looking forwards. Editing this - I am not at my highest weight again and I know of a couple changes I need to make. I am not helpless just not happy.

Wishing all a good morning.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~
    Rushing to get ready......

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Monday

Broke down and left off eye liner today. I usually wear full-face makeup with eye shadow in shades of purple. Today I have on a very neutral shadow, no liner, and just a bit of mascara. Makes me kind of look sick. But wanted to see if my eyes feel any better.

Sara - no humidifier. Maybe I should get one? Haven't even had the ceiling fan on in our room. But the heat is still definitely on in the house.

Didn't weigh. DH and I start our new "diet" this morning. He's already not happy. Lots of prep. Had to actually make breakfast and he didn't like the bread. It was a strawberry french toast (not sweet, though.) We have to use a sprout-grain bread, which he didn't like. The strawberries were unsweetened, which he didn't like. And it took 30 minutes to make, which he didn't like. Sigh. We shall see.

Also have to give up coffee for this diet so I'm going to drag today. Hopefully the fact that there is a lot fruit in the first two days of this diet will help offset the loss of the caffeine.

Kids are off and running to school. I'm at work.

Welcome Sherry from Montana!

Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs will be made tonight for afternoon snacks at work.

Annie -Novel brand has one of the best motors I have the desktop one at my work and it has lasted longer than the others. I have a Vicks at home. Work is just so dry and dusty.

Sherry from Montana! Keep posting.
  • sherry_ann_mt
    sherry_ann_mt Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Made all my food today for my 12 hour shift (nurse here) last night...but have ended up on call...did go in and do a c-section and took my lunch bag in case I ended up staying...had a quick protein shake before the section and then there are no chances for snacks until patient is out of recovery. But then got sent back home so will just use my previous made food here at home. I also entered all my food into my diary last night and am just moving it around to the correct times. Pre planning and packing my food for work is something I struggle with. So nsv for today! Weigh in day was today also.....down 2.8lbs I think....buts it's just because I have been drinking water instead of diet pepsi. I am only go to weigh in once a week. In the past I have become OBSESSED with the number....going to fight it....because it ends up discouraging me.
    Have a good day everyone....it's a beautiful day on Montana!
  • arniedog74
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sherry- good planning and good WI! Planning is one thing I just can't seem to get ahold of... just gotta think throughout the day and hope I make good choices...
    Have a good evening... hope it's a quiet one for you
    - Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Dawn! Hi Sara! And Missy and Annie~~~

Sherry - Congratulations on fabulous weigh in and having your food together!

I weighed and measured and tracked all my food today! Not easy, but done! Also managed a 2.7 mile walk on way to morning appointment. *gasp* :)

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Eggs are done, shelled and in bags ready to go to work.

Lana!! You are a walking machine. Does it help you sleep better?

Dog is done for day and I got my knitting package from Amazon. com so I will see what I can knit tonight.

Quote from "The Second Exotic Marigold Hotel" - Fail to plan is planning to fail. Some truth to that. Sherry sounds like you did well considering you had a "yo-yo" day.

Wave to all who follow. Curling up with Miss T on lounge chair next to Lana - who brought her earplugs!!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sara - I really enjoyed the Marigold Hotel movies. Good for you~~

Missy - So glad to hear Day 1 was great!
    Sleep well dear~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Monday night.

So tired. Stayed complete on plan with this new diet but already wondering if it's really sustainable. I mentioned this to DH tonight. I just can't see us eating this way indefinitely, which makes me nervous that we'll lose weight jut to regain it. Can't believe I actually brought up WW as a option...

I think it helped to reduce eye makeup today. I used my artificial tears religiously and used my OTC antihistamine drops every 10 hours. Also occasionally put lubricant gel in the itchy corners of eyes. Nobody looked at me too weird. Only tonight after work did my DD say, "Mom, you don't look like you're wearing makeup". Duh!

Time for warm compresses. Hoping I sleep better tonight. I woke up VERY early and never really got back to sleep last night.

No more word on nephew today. I know there are a lot of moving parts in trying to find an inpatient treatment program for him.

Missy - glad to hear Day 1 went so well.

Lana - great job at tracking and walking!

Sara - good prep work!

Good night!

Annie
  • sherry_ann_mt
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Eggs are done, shelled and in bags ready to go to work.

Lana!! You are a walking machine. Does it help you sleep better?

Dog is done for day and I got my knitting package from Amazon. com so I will see what I can knit tonight.

Quote from "The Second Exotic Marigold Hotel" - Fail to plan is planning to fail. Some truth to that. Sherry sounds like you did well considering you had a "yo-yo" day.

Wave to all who follow. Curling up with Miss T on lounge chair next to Lana - who brought her earplugs!!

Oh I love to knit! Hope your amazon package was awesome.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Sherry, I am knitting chemotherapy hats to knit down my pile of yarn, but found that the double point needles with the particular yarn, I was losing stitches and chasing them down. So circular needles were reason for the order, tea and yarn jumped into the basket (yarn is baby sport yarn for preemie hats).

Today's food is - oatmeal with pb2 and gg oil and raw sugar, small sweet potato,greek yogurt with granola, premade salad, egg, banana, and homemade chicken fried rice with extra broccoli. Not sure yet where the egg comes into my routine, but a little variety is fine.

Annie - glad your eyes are doing better. Eye make up - especially eye shadow powder ( I have acquired eye cream shadow with much better success on irritation) can be murder in allergy season. Good for you!! I really notice a difference if I dont do my nightly eye compress.

Time to go rescue the oatmeal..... wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Ladies~~
    Running to make appointment.

Everyone have a sunny day, no matter the weather!

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday

Day Two of our diet plan. Happily, we just eat the leftovers from yesterday. I miss my coffee but stayed strong! Last night's chicken & barley soup wasn't so tasty as I'd hoped but I will eat it for lunch again today. Saving my chicken broccoli bowl for supper.

Day Two of very little eye makeup. Feeling pretty good in spite of pollen count being up today. Almost time for more artificial tears.

Massage after work. Then possibly picking DS up to bring him to counseling appt. I guess they called him yesterday to reschedule away from the 7 p.m. timeslot, which he could not make work for yesterday. He said he's on a waiting list??? And wasn't sure if his appt for tonight will happen or not. I told him he'll have to call the office this afternoon to find out, for sure, if he doesn't hear from them soon. Very frustrating - especially when we're having trouble getting him settled into therapy anyway! Don't make 7 p.m. appts if you don't want to see people at 7 p.m. Don't change existing appts! So, I hope he has his appt tonight and they can get him scheduled soon for ongoing appts.

Short dental visit this morning to have impressions made for new nightguard. Losing enamel to acid erosion. I don't need to grind it off, too!

Paid off our credit card today!!!! Yippee!! Hated parting with the cash but love parting with the debt. Now to cut up the card and stop using it. I don't know why I'm having trouble with that idea.

Enjoy your day.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Annie -
    What diet are you doing that has no coffee? I shudder to think of such a thing!

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Lana - it is the Fast Metabolism Diet. No caffeine is allowed. We are in our first week and will see how it goes. The first two days are full of healthy carbs, i.e. sprout grain bread, barley, brown rice, fruit, and obviously protein and veggies. The 3rd and 4th days are low-carb. No fruit or carbs. Just protein and veggies. The remaining 3 days of the week are a mixture of all plus some healthy fats such as nuts, oils, avocado, etc.

I have avoided carbs so much for so long that these two days have seemed like A LOT! Very satisfying but I don't see how this will help me lose weight...except to see what happens now after Wednesday and Thursday when we do really low carb.

I had said in a previous post that I'm not sure if this is sustainable for us. The idea of a quick loss is great, especially for DH, but we need to be thinking in terms of ongoing sustainability. And ongoing loss as he has a bunch to lose. Not sure what to do.

Annie
  • sherry_ann_mt
    Options
    Good afternoon from montana.....just getting home from 6 hours at the hospital. Nice morning. Had my nursing students today and all went well.

I am a huge sports fan and I am sad today that Gonzaga lost the national championship last night....Spokane, WA is so close it was like having a hometown team in the game....next year!

Good day with food so far....I really need to find my fitbit and get back to wearing it. Have been getting my water in.

Doing laundry and some chores this afternoon....hope you all have a great day!

Tilliesmom....what kind of needles did you get?....I love my turbo clicks! As a nurse that gives out those baby hats...THANK YOU.....