Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

That sigh you hear is me knowing the work week is almost done.

I offered to help lady at work to learn to make a blanket (crochet) for her 2 year old. Her face light up, we may havea a crochter yet.....

Cafe special will be baked potato with chili/cheese/onion. This is not on the menu - its is a combination of baked potato bar/chili cheese hot dog - no chips no soda. I get the taste of potato in a healthier form.

Lana - humidifier? Honey and lemon hot? Sadly some of these things hang on forever. Hope you are able to sleep.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
    xy80v663eguj.png
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's humid and overcast here but IT'S FRIDAY so none of that matters!

Sara, I wish I lived closer to you so I could learn crochet from you. I knit a bit, but can't seem to get my head around crochet. Maybe I need to look up some videos...

BBL. Hope all have a good day in the meantime.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess, on youtube search HappyBerryCrochet - she has videos for people who have never done knitting or crocheting and she goes slowly. She also has small fun projects - she has a flower you can make if you have never crocheted.....
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

Tough start to morning. Learned DD's wonderful Special Ed case manager has been transferred to another school.
    :( In my mind, we would still have her for this final year of middle school before making that big transition to high school. Now, we start over with a new person. We have not always had good luck with case managers as some have not appreciated my daughter's strengths and only saw negatives. We've had some who dropped the ball and weren't being sure my daughter was getting what she needed. So, I will have to be even MORE in-tune to what is happening at school so I can be sure the things that were working last year remain in place and are in place at the very beginning of the year. In my experience, they are TERRIBLE at handing things off to each other when they switch case managers.

I hope I don't have to butt heads with anyone, but I'm not afraid to advocate for my daughter and ruffle feathers along the way.

It feels like it's going to be a tough year. And I was hoping for so much more!

Feeling a little teary-eyed...

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara and Tess!

Scale is showing me that I have not been using the program and have been buying and eating too much "comfort food" and expecting that it won't show up in the daily numbers.

Back to the MFP drawing board to sketch up today's On-Program meals......

Waves to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

243.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Annie - sorry to hear about DD school situation. Try (for your benefit) to take the emotional factor out of the situation, and do not stress in anticipation. Think positively! You are obviously prepared to do what is necessary, but don't worry/stress over it visualizing the worst. It just robs you of today's joys.

Lana
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Friday,

Good day,

Work is done and the weekend begins. We have our dance showcase tomorrow. My mom and a friend are going. We've had two rehearsals this week and tomorrow will make it 3 x 90 minute dance sessions this week and the scale isn't budging :'( . And I was good good wise. I was hoping the extra intensity with the protein and veggies would do something but I gained instead.

On the bright side:

1. I've had DOMS all week so at least my muscles were working properly and perhaps something is happening under all the blubber.
    2. I stuck to my eating plan 90% of the time and increased my protein intake which = good.
    3. My favorite shirt buttoned up all the way to the top and fitted looser than usual even with the buttons fastened.
    4. I don't feel like a stuffed sausage in my jeans. They usually sit tight around the waist and are just not comfortable but this week they've been feeling good.

So I guess even if the scales not budging I probably did something right. Now to do the same thing for the next 7 days.

This is a long post.
  • rsamuelsgold
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Annie - I do hope the new case manager will have positive results. And I agree Lana no use stressing until it's necessary.

Lana - it's interesting that even with past experience we still think that we can get away with cheats. :D There's a scene from Grey's Anatomy where Izzy Stevens says "I believe that if I eat an entire tub of butter and no one sees me, calories don't count." Heehee. Heehee

Sara - that's very nice of you to teach her.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good morning all & HAPPY FRIDAY :D:)

Well this week I have been very busy going to visit my aunt in the hospital, she had a heart attack on Friday evening last week but didn't tell anyone until Tuesday when she had another one! so she was rushed to the hospital and just had a triple bypass open heart surgery yesterday. Luckily she came through it with flying colors and will be up and walking around probably tomorrow.

So spending so much time at the hospital I ended up having pizza on Wed. expecting that on Thursday morning when I stepped on the scale I would have gained a few lbs, to my surprise I actually lost weight about 1.5 lbs & another 1 lb this morning after the scale not even budging all week which I thought was odd because the scale always fluctuates. Not sure why I lose weight when I eat take out/high cal meals as this is not the first time it has happened. When I stay on track I seem to just hover between a couple lbs...very odd to me!

Sara, actually my dad taught my mom how to knit & she tried teaching me but I am not sure why but I couldn't grasp it :( , wish I did though so I could finish some of the things she started before she passed. Maybe one day I will try again!

Lana, so sorry this cold is not leaving you alone. I wish you the best of luck getting rid of it & yes a humidifier may help.

Kathryn, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and sympathy heading your way.

Oh before I forget, I wanted to ask if anyone had any training tips for my gorgeous little poop head puppies >:) , they seem to think they can poop & pee in the house at leisure I stepped in it this morning...was not a happy camper & now have to shampoo carpets this weekend...again! :#

We have tried putting them in a kennel when they do that but one dog Mocha has really bad panic attacks & shakes violently so stopped that once he started biting at us in fear of going in there & frankly it took to long to try to catch him. We have also tried vinegar on their nose once showing them their mess and placing them outside & telling them that is not acceptable, and tried giving them treats & praising them when we saw them doing their business outside, I am completely at a loss as to how to correct this bad habit. Boyfriend wants to get rid of them but I just can't, they are my babies, so any advise would help!

Welcome to the new comers & waves to all who follow

Have a great weekend everyone

Saltine
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Samuels~~

You have some really positive things going on with how your clothes are fitting, so take that as the good sign that it is. It's not always about the scale number.

I do NOT know the science enough to quote any of it, but I've read posts many times in the past where active people were describing how the scale wasn't budging and their bodies were either hanging onto water weight OR they were losing fat but building up muscle, which does have considerable weight to it, so they were not rewarded right away at the scale. You were smart to notice the clothes and how they were fitting you.

Just keep on doing all the good things you are doing, and one day soon you will see that scale give it up!!!

Lana
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    Thanks, Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Tess, on youtube search HappyBerryCrochet - she has videos for people who have never done knitting or crocheting and she goes slowly. She also has small fun projects - she has a flower you can make if you have never crocheted.....

Thanks, Sara! I'll give it a shot! My cousin is going to be a first-time grandma and I'd love to do a blanket for the new generation. Crochet is much faster than knitting.

Gratefully,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tillie and I under Lana's Palm Tree - me snoring very soon and she is looking cute.

Saltine, glad your Aunt is in good hands that must have been scary for her. Getting dogs to obey, hmmmm pet stores sometimes have classes....

Wishing all a good night.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    TGIF indeed....

Samuels, you described some serious NSVs (non scale victories). Yay for you! Celebrate those - they as important as the scale numbers.

Saltine, how scary for your aunt and the family. So glad she's on the mend. Regarding the mystery of the scale, I've experienced that too. A couple of possible reasons - sometimes it takes a few days for the good or bad behavior to catch up on the scale, or it might be that the good work is forcing our bodies into "starvation mode." The body perceives that it's not getting enough food (even when it is) so it lowers the metabolism. Then, it gets a rush and speeds up. All I know is that I can be easily fooled into thinking that the pizza will do no harm - then it catches up with a vengeance!

Annie, deep breaths. I can appreciate why your disappointed and scared. No matter how the new case manager turns out, keep in mind that your DD has one valuable and informed constant in her corner - you. You are engaged and know your daughter best. You two will get through this.

Lana, hope you are starting to feel better (summer colds are the worst), and you, Sara and Tillie are resting comfortably under the palm trees, enjoying the soft breezes created by the CBoys attending to your every need....

Good night all. Happy Weekend.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, air quality is poop so windows shut for today.

Eclipse, I will just try and stay inside. Just better that way.

Not inspired with food plan for next week, but will try and set some things up.

Normal errands, so bbl.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - eclipse day is mom's birthday... so, we say, everyone is celebrating with her
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Quiet day on this discussion board....hope that means everyone is out enjoying themselves (or taking a well-deserved nap).

Enough procrastinating - back to housecleaning.

BBL,
    Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Tess there have been days I have been talking to myself on this board.....

Sewed up 5 hats to donate and started a knitting pattern that has fish shapes. One row at a time and patience are necessary.

Fried rice for dinner.

Walked into management office to find my dental hygienist there, her son/girlfriend/grandson were looking for a place I put in my 2 cents worth and offered if they were looking at my company for work, that I would see if I could get a resume to the right person. I figured why not, right??

Tess - house cleaning is not on my to do list, although it should be......

Hope to stop by before lights out.

gyrwym1vwagq.png

Oh and my gosh, I finally found a cboy in disguise at my tire store. Wowie!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~

I'm getting here rather late, but I've been on program and tracking all day!

Tess, I did do a bunch of housework today, which I do very, very, very rarely.

Sara - I read your post, and at the first 3 tries, the photo would not load. I was getting quite upset because I was CERTAIN you had posted a photo of the Cabana Boy working undercover at your tire store!!!! The "Wowie" had me determined, and on the last try, it finally loaded......
    Darn, the photo is a peaceful, pretty photo of our beach. *sobbing*

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Ah Sara, Lana - it's rare that housework is on my to-do list, as I would rather do almost anything than cleaning! But the kitties were starting to look a bit dusty, so needed to do something....

Love the beach scene but have to agree with Lana that a pic of the CBoy would have been even better...

Night all - sweet dreams

Tess