Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    So yesterday afternoon was spent in yer another hospital. Mom thought her pain was because of another heart attack. We found out she hadn't slept again for a few days and gets crazy. It's like she has episodes of this crazyness then sleeps for a day or so and is fine. She slept basically the whole time at the hospital and then was embarrassed at her behaviour. We told her you need to shut your brain off so no tv or cell phone because she'll call people st all hours and watch tv all night. So we said the Dr said full rest with no stimuli. Of course she was trying to get out of her exercises too.

That's my life this weekend. Let's hope she tries harder now because the next step would be a locked facility and psychiatric counselling I think
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ali- sorry for the set back with your Mom.. hope they can figure out what's going on with her, soon... that can be so frustrating...

I don't think my step counter is working properly, again..I know I've taken at least 20 steps (have to have phone on me and, I've made many steps without) and, it says I've only taken 4! I have looked into Misfit, as enichols recommended... but, I am torn if I should spend money on that now, or buy a new scale...(funds are limited)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Back from grocery - wanted chicken salad, they rotate their salads, kept looking found flatbread pizza with white sauce, chicken artichokes and mushrooms, will add red bell pepper and chopped broccoli - serves 3 and 510 sodium so paid to keep looking.

Most good groomers do ears, mine always have.... maybe lady didnt know to ask??

Ali - that is a plateful and she does not make it easier for you. If you dont already document and get dr's in the loop as many as you can so when it is time to up the intervention you have can prove cause/ have proof. I wish I could sleep all day.......What are you holding in your picture?

New area in store (new for this store) is a bulk section and the prices stunned me, they are pricey, but this store has a new parent company and it meant higher prices. However things just are expensive anymore....

Off to have tea and read paper.

• arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - the way I understood, she didn't ask, she just assumed it was part of the grooming... she did ask the new groomer and didn't like their answer... so, not sure what solution will be for her... guess that's why I'm glad I don't have a dog that requires grooming...I wouldn't have known to ask, and my poor pup would probably have ear problems...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Thank you for the dog-ear / groomer advice. Will pocket that for the future.

Ali - sending good vibes out there for your mother.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    wvp78ow3bxre.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    2bysrhdsni27.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    see all it takes is a little planning - wish I could have a picnic. Will settle for flatbread pizza doctored up......
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. it's my happy drink. So it always wins.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    wvp78ow3bxre.png

Pretty colors
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Sara/ Lana - good advice about groomer...I may be wrong and they don't normally do ears... but, to me, that should be part of the grooming process...Vets do it, obviously... but, you shouldn't have to spend money at 2 different places, if it can be done at one... and, it is something that needs to be maintained so pups aren't miserable...

Samuels- I have a tough time choosing flavored teas...I prefer flavored coffees... unless it's peach...I love peach tea!

Going to Gma's for lunch... it's so sad how divided this family has become...Gma sees it... thankfully, Gpa does not... Will visit him again, today...

Have a great day everyone...

I actually prefer the berry flavors and the coconut, green tea and chocolate one I tried a few weeks back. And I had the temple tea something from a boutique near my office that was divine. Peach ice tea I'll have any day.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- those look amazing! I'm a terrible planner
  • arniedog74
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Sara/ Lana - good advice about groomer...I may be wrong and they don't normally do ears... but, to me, that should be part of the grooming process...Vets do it, obviously... but, you shouldn't have to spend money at 2 different places, if it can be done at one... and, it is something that needs to be maintained so pups aren't miserable...

Samuels- I have a tough time choosing flavored teas...I prefer flavored coffees... unless it's peach...I love peach tea!

Going to Gma's for lunch... it's so sad how divided this family has become...Gma sees it... thankfully, Gpa does not... Will visit him again, today...

Have a great day everyone...

I actually prefer the berry flavors and the coconut, green tea and chocolate one I tried a few weeks back. And I had the temple tea something from a boutique near my office that was divine. Peach ice tea I'll have any day.

Chocolate sounds interesting...hmmm...do you have Olive Garden? Their Peach Bellini is always my go to drink when I'm there... and, you can buy the mix and take it home to make... whenever we have family get togethers, Gma makes it with Snapple peach tea....yummmm
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Missy- to be honest I dont know but it could be a type of 7 layer dip with green/black olives
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Samuels - I love coffee so much. I love the flavor and the aroma. Nothing else will do in the morning, for sure. Black, no sugar or cream. Just plain.

I do like all of the teas that are out there, but I drink tea only 1/20 of the time.

The colorful food looks good Sara!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning. Down 1 pound. Will celebrate and keep working.

Celestial Seasoning had an herbal coffee which had too many spices in it. I have not tried chocolate tea - just cant wrap my brains around it. Question - would peach tea iced go with milk and taste like peaches and cream?

Have breakfast and dinners set, but didnt get enough salads, so will have to get salads from cafe. Means a trip to ATM.

2tpwhc0vtt3d.png

Just couldnt resist. Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good morning all - Happy Monday!

Congrats on the -1, Sara! Also very impressed with your pre-planning on meals; I need to work on that especially for dinners. And loved the picture-- very apropos!

Off to an overnight work trip that will make meals hard to plan for. Will need to do the best I can.

Waves to all who lurk and pass by. Have a good start to the week.

Tess
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Weekend was good, didn't really accomplish anything other than laundry, but oh well!

Did not gain my usual 3 lbs which was great, only up 1lb...I will take that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend - Ali, I am so sorry about your mom & the stress it brings to you!

Lana - I have 2 shih Tzu's both 5 yrs old, boy (Mocha) is shih tzu Papillon always has had ear issues, but he is so good & lets me clean them out, actually I can do anything with him and he will just sit there and lets me...lol

9aisx24wzx86.jpg

My girl shih tzu (Thumbelina) is part Pekineses - she does not let me do anything to her, I have a hard time grooming her (I am learning/trying to do it myself to save money as her fur grows so quickly & mats up even quicker)(wish there was something I could give her to mellow her out just a bit ;) ) I was happy I actually got to trim her face on Friday night :):) , but when I was done she didn't like me very much...& kept her distance till at least Sat evening...haha

hihde09h3fll.jpg

Have a great day & waves to all who stops in.

Saltine
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - **********CONGRATULATIONS !!! *************
    Super Weigh In today! Good for you! Cabana Boys have a "reward" for you for later ;)

Tess - You can do it on your trip: yummy veggies with good protein. Simple beverages? Are you flying? Airports are my Den of Vices and Food Mayhem. Ugh.

Saltine~~~
    Thank you for posting photos of your cuties! You are very fortunate to have them.

Waves to all who stop by later.
    I am done with appointments for today; trying to keep energy up to do some painting/dabbling to lift spirits. Oh and must log/plan the rest of the day.....

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - great WI! CBoys will bring lotsa no calorie treats your way...

Tess- safe travels... stay strong in your food choices... you'll be good...

Saltine - such cute babies! It is funny that one can be so easy going and the other one, not so much...I have same issue...you can do anything in the world to my girl... if my boy even thinks yer getting nail clippers for him, he runs and hides... silly pup...as far as giving the one something, you can... some people just don't like giving their animals meds.. but, it is possible..