Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tess- cats are always the toughest... dogs remember, but can easily distract with treats... cats rarely fall for it... hope all went well with kitty... have a great day
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Alas, Dawn -- we were foiled by a smart kitty who figured out how to open the door and hide deep under the sink! We rescheduled the appointment and will give it another try in two weeks.

Our own two cats can be lured with cat treats, but my mother-in-law's cat is too wise to that trick.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Warmer than planned, frozen lasagna for dinner and hot cocoa after it cools off a little.

Tess, that cat is just too smart!!

I posted a " Its Friday take a smile" yesterday and sent to woman at work, she made a couple and put them up at work..... sometimes a little kindness helps.

Okay - cubicle neighbor spent $4k to get painting done in her new condo - if I had dentures they would have fallen out - come to find out today she owes almost same $4k to dentist. I gave her the dentist info months ago, but she put it off until she had an infected tooth..... She is angry because her dental coverage is so little. I had to walk away and shake my head. We all have those moments so I am not going to judge, but I also didnt want to have to hear it so I put my earphones in.

Will be with Kathryn under Lana's Palm tree - I am hoping for a cool breeze? I am watching I Claudius on netflix and watched a man stand there with a large fan and his job was to fan the people who lived there. I was going to ask for him as a Christmas present but it isnt hot all year long. Drats.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Alas, Dawn -- we were foiled by a smart kitty who figured out how to open the door and hide deep under the sink! We rescheduled the appointment and will give it another try in two weeks.

Our own two cats can be lured with cat treats, but my mother-in-law's cat is too wise to that trick.

BBL

Cats are so smart...too smart sometimes... silly things
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - thanks... the Yorkie will be going home in a few days... they just want to get owner all settled and then will bring her home... she's doing very well... thankfully
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning.

Either neighbors upstairs have a baby feeding at 2:30, or something to that end - as when I finally took dog out their lights were out..... means I need to keep to my original sleep time - which is probably good in the long run.

Ali - how is your mother doing?

Dawn - my vet wont board dogs so I am glad yours does.

Regular errands this weekend and normal to do list. Hopefully a nap will happen as well.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options

Almost said "good morning", but it is almost 2PM here.

Not feeling good, but just don't have the oomph to do anything at all. I'll be over on the farthest lounger so I don't sneeze on anyone.

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Almost said "good morning", but it is almost 2PM here.

Not feeling good, but just don't have the oomph to do anything at all. I'll be over on the farthest lounger so I don't sneeze on anyone.

Lana

Feel better, Lana. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Well, maybe just roll over a bit so a Cboy can rub warm coconut oil in you back.....

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ** snapping fingers at cboys- hot aromatherapy rocks to Lana's house in addition to massage......
    o60cnjsgxp2j.png
  • doe56
    doe56 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Im from WW Im wondering if this app will help u lose more weight than WW cant lose on WW for nothing well a 1b here or there frustration
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Doe~~

Sara - I LOVE that sign!

Kathryn - Thank you for the wisdom of your earlier post re 3D + therapists. How is your head? I hope your headache is gone.

Waves to everyone else, who must be out dancing, because it IS Saturday night!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - feel better soon! Head colds are no fun at all..

Sara - hope your sleep schedule doesn't get too messed up from neighbor baby... it is good that we board... especially, in a small town, not many options...

Ali - good thoughts for you and your family...

Kathryn - sorry you had to miss fair cuz of headache.... hope it's not a lingerer...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sooo... had my first work related "injury" ... kinda funny... this lil shih Tzu came in with ear issues...the groomer refused to clean out his ears and, we learned why...we took him to clinic area...I was holding him as Doc started on his "good" ear... he did ok, until we switched to bad ear..he started flailing around and his head flung back and whacked me in the jaw! What a hard head! I felt so bad for him, his ears were so nasty and really bothered him...I have a sore spot on my jaw, but he feels better and that's what's important...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    First weekend off and came home to visit family... mom's birthday is in a week, so thought was good time... had a super yummy lunch at Red Lobster... split a meal with Mom...split an appetizer with family and, only had 1 biscuit... just can't pass up those biscuits....

Went to see Gpa... he knew me right away! That made me so happy...I made him some Apple Butter.... he smiled so big and said, no store Apple Butter is as good as mine... he is doing pretty good... still confused... but, good... he is gaining weight, so he is eating well...the place he's in, is supposed to be remodeling..but in the 4 months he's been there, I've seen absolutely no change... and, the smell is just overwhelming (urine)...they are no closer to getting Medicaid or getting him home... so frustrating.. Will go back to see him tomorrow before leaving... so glad he's doing well, for now...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Late flying by.

Will try using lavender to help sleep better. Looking into white noise machines as well.

Tweeked a weird muscle in upper leg. I moved my leg wrong as I was sitting down. Will ice once more before ZZZ.

Chicken salad on grocery list. Food is rather dull right now, so need to keep focused on eating better.

Wishing all a good night.
    0kttvdfq7yv5.png

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sara - I hope that you sleep well.

Dawn - I want to have shih tzus in a year or two if/when I get to retire. What special needs to they have with their ears? Poor little guy. I hope your jaw feels better soon.
    Also glad to hear about the positive things about visit to grandfather.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - shih Tzu's of course require lots of grooming... they get lots of hair in their ears, and a good groomer will clean all that hair out... otherwise, they get really yucky, stinky and possibly infected... which is what happened to this lil guy, "Cooper"...a lot of times, if you start that when they are young, they get used to this and it's no big deal to the dog...unfortunately, Cooper was not worked with and strongly dislikes his ears messed with... I'm not sure how all groomers are, but Coopers Mom looked into another groomer and was told, "We don't do that unless you ask us to" I always assumed, it was included in the grooming... so, he may become a frequent visitor for ear cleaning...I do believe I have a bruise... but, I'll survive...I know, Cooper has got to feel better, whether he admits it or not...
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Hi all

Family's coming over today. My aunt turned 60. Woke up, did squats for the day and making breakfast now. Debating between black tea or coffee. I have an assortment of teas from chai to pomegranate and berries to other berries, peach mango, and generic green tea. Coffee should win. Coffee always wins.

Had water too.

Off to a good start.

Wave to all will check back later.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

No pounding feet at 2:30 but I was awake anyway because I went to bed on time. Got back to sleep well. Window open and will try and get a little more zzz before grocery shopping.

Will see if I can buy some chicken salad at the deli. Really not interested in cooking this week. Just is.

Lana - before you get dogs ask around for groomers first and find one that will do their ears as part of the cost of grooming so you are not "chasing your tail" trying to find one.

Rsamuels - why does coffee always win when you have a "treasure" of tea? Easier to make? or need for variety? I also drink a lot of teas and often crave coffee, hence my asking.

Opened my container of aromatherapy last night and got a smell of one I used in June - saw same kind of pink spot on dog this morning- vial is in garbage. Will see eye doctor in 10 days and will mention it.

Wishing all a wonderful Sunday. BBL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/ Lana - good advice about groomer...I may be wrong and they don't normally do ears... but, to me, that should be part of the grooming process...Vets do it, obviously... but, you shouldn't have to spend money at 2 different places, if it can be done at one... and, it is something that needs to be maintained so pups aren't miserable...

Samuels- I have a tough time choosing flavored teas...I prefer flavored coffees... unless it's peach...I love peach tea!

Going to Gma's for lunch... it's so sad how divided this family has become...Gma sees it... thankfully, Gpa does not... Will visit him again, today...

Have a great day everyone...