Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lately I have felt older than usual. Found out today that a Supervisor who I thought was at least my age is 3 years younger than me - she is a real pot-head and doesnt connect the dots well. Was just not what I needed to know.

Got caught chatting on company time - we have people who do it all day long..... I dont get caught often. Oh well, I owned up to it and went back to my desk and put my earphones on.

iupuhvd1ahph.png

Will try and use hot water bottle on dog's tummy again. Ate grass but wow is that loud....

Wishing all a good night.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - hugs hugs and more hugs.

Waves to Missy, Lana, Dawn, Sara, KD, Annie, Saltine, and Tess.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Took dogs dry food away hoping she would eat her liverwurst/meds. We shall see....

Two dry/boring company meetings to sit through today and tomorrow. Hope I dont fall asleep....

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,859 Member
    Options

Sara - I don't even know what to say about your two meetings today. Good luck! I hope Tillie ate her meds this morning.

Hello to Samuels~~
    Waves to all you other ladies~~

I am still trying to wake up to find some oomph to not waste the day away. Maybe a brisk shower with some nice-smelling soap?.......what I really need is a plunge into my pool in NC. Next Wednesday.....can't wait.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I would be snoring if I had both today, one this morning and one tomorrow morning, zzz anyway.

Taking food away from Miss T did the trick.

Maybe a short walk will help?

BBL
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Officially worst summer ever.
    Lost my grandmother last night. She had been admitted to hospital yesterday with what they thought was pneumonia. She seemed to be improving. My dad talked to her and said she actually sounded chipper. Then I got the call this morning that she passed at 2:30am.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - I don't know what to say...HUGE HUGS to you....
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oh Kathryn, I'm so very sorry about your grandmother. May this be the last of the onslaught of terrible news for you.

Okay, cosmos, that's it - that enough dumping on Kathryn....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

So glad I check my emails twice a week - will need to confirm but dr apt in different location than I thought (next week) and I owed more rent money - price of water in CA is almost the price of gold.

Almost done with night.

I second what Tess wrote - Kathryn wow this must be complete craziness. Find time each day to stop and just breathe.
    ey90o185gdlw.png

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - so sorry about your grandmother. I don't know what else to say. Sending vibes of peace your way.

Big hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Had a dream about annoying noises and left my dvd player on all night! Need to listen to my dreams.....

At meeting yesterday we were offered a "selfie" stick as a gift - dont have the right phone to use stick - I would rather have had the $2 instead. We also got a Hagen Daas Ice Cream - I also passed on that. Lady who drove us said the lady who gave the presentation probably clears $100.000 a year - wow. I wouldnt want the stress of having to look perfect and act perfect.

I did get a gem of a piece of info, I spoke with lady who represented my insurance company....there is a way to get my medical records on a cd from current medical group to give to next medical group (if I ask for it on paper it will cost $$). I told 2 other people before the day was out.... It has been too busy of a year medically and I am not done, so I want to make sure the info carries over. If you are having to change medical groups or insurances - see if you can do the same - it will save you a lot of hassle.

I know, this stuff puts me to sleep too........ sorry.

Wave to all who follow.

• tlsb2016
    Options
    Thursday

Good morning all! On the bus to work...one week to the start of vacation...The sunshine has returned to D.C.; alas, the humidity is creeping up as well.

Sara, congrats on your strength in refusing the ice cream!! And thanks for the tip about the medical records. I'll be sure to ask about that next time I need copies.

Waves to Lana, Dawn, Missy, Ali, Annie, Enichols, Samuels, Saltine, KD, anyone else lurking/running by. Kathleen, a hug to you - thinking of you.

BBL

Tess
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Kathryn, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Checked the scale and in spite of being on track for 4 days out of the last week, it is up .6. :( But not planning to jump off the deep end in my frustration. Good plan for the day. I know I need to get back to exercising whether my back/hip/leg hurt or not. But I know the diet is the #1 priority. You can't out-train a bad diet. Going to start weighing myself daily now.

Sara - good job passing on the ice cream. My FIL brought donuts to our house yesterday. Several small bites of one throughout the evening = 1/2 a donut. I guess it's better than eating the entire thing!

DH has been stricken by a flare of what we think is gout. In the past, he has been told he has gout. But the doctor yesterday thought it might be cellulitis or Lyme's disease. He ran tests and prescribed an antibiotic that will work for both. The Lyme's test won't be back until Monday. DH's blood pressure was also bad. He has promised to make an appt to see our regular doctor to start treating it. I'm sure I'll have to remind him a couple of times to make that appt!

The rainy weather here is making me sleepy. Will be a long day at work.

Will BBL!
    Annie

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I've missed a lot.
    My mom sees to have settled a bit we laid down the law and she's more with it and complaining about aches and pains so clearly she's on the mend haha. My brother found out the other day he's won some international policing award for a case he worked on. He'll get the award in October so we're all going to go to that. I figure mom should be goo by then for the short flight to Pennsylvania.

Summer is winding down. There is always the big fair here the Canadian National Exhibition, CNE or The Ex as it's now known. It signals the end of summer and it starts tomorrow for the last two weeks of summer holidays for the kids. bittersweet but hey fall is lovely and I'm ready for the boy to go back to school and to get into a routine again.

Hope everyone is well and the Cabana boys are looking after things. :) I could've used one to cut my grass the other day...wow it was long
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vanessa, and I am a serial starter :neutral: But really, I had a tough piece of reality yesterday when I attempted to try on jeans that fit me just 6 months ago. They were starting to get tighter then, but I just kept making excuses. On top of that I had a medical procedure done earlier this week, nothing tragic, but the nurse did say that the best thing I could do for myself is eat healthy and exercise regularly. My work schedule is inconsistent so I am finding routine hard. On top of that, trying to manage my home and my kids, and find me time. But, here I am, starting again......and remembering why I hate 5am :D

PS, tell me more about the Cabana boys!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Warmer than they predicted - shock- grateful I have fans.

Miss T has been out had her grass and is ignoring her food at the moment.... that may change.

Vanessa - welcome stop by when you can. We have many people who stop by daily and some less often, but that is okay we are an open board.

Ali - congrats on your brother's award and your mother "getting with the program".

Anyone have any fun weekend plans? I dont but you might.

Under Lana's Palm Tree with an iced drink with an umbrella.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey All~~
    Clearly I am a party pooper today. Two weeks with this cold, which just seems stuck in the post nasal drip/sore throat/useless cough/swollen glands phase. I guess my immune system is still stuck in low gear.

More chicken soup tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - CBoys on way for extra pampering... good feelings and wellness vibes heading your way! Feel better soon!
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    One more day until the weekend.....

Annie, good to "see" you! Sorry to hear about DH's pain; my own DH suffered from gout. It's miserable.

Ali, so glad to hear your Mom is settling in to rehab, and congrats to your brother for his award!

Vanessa, welcome! I'm a relative newcomer myself. I've been using MFP since the beginning of the year but have only been posting here for the past couple of weeks. It helps a lot to visit with this group of caring, courageous people. And the Cabana Boys can make the days easier too!

Sara, our only plans for the weekend is celebrating a friend's birthday. Ice cream and cake will be involved but in moderation. With a corresponding trip to the gym to make up for it. :wink:

Lana, I feel for you with this summer cold dragging on. Hope you start to feel like yourself soon. Don't let the CBoys fan you - the draft might be making the cold worse.

Waves to all. Headed to bed...

Tess