Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Cold here snow levels are dropping but we probably wont see any snow - which is a good thing- few people can drive in it......

Hot water bottle for eyes (do it nightly). Have colonoscopy prep apt for May, will see if I can set up mammogram on same day I already have another apt or time off..... these appointments come flying at you like gnats.

NSV 2 boxes of cookies in my house remained unopened - what I eat at work is another story. Almonds for snacks.

Dog took a longer than usual walk and autographed quite a few times...... Romance novel started and will snuggle up with Miss T later.

Wishing all a good night.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s daughter. So much sadness has surrounded you in the past year...sending you hugs and peaceful thoughts...

Ash, your attitude towards your students is so heartwarming. They are as lucky to have as you are to have them. Good for you on resisting temptation!

Sara, I hear you on appointments. It seems like I just get one body part okayed when it’s time to check on another one! Hope the romance novel and Miss Tillie are both keeping you warm tonight.

Dawn, thought of you today as I made the appointment for our older kitty’s annual check-up. I love our vet office and have particular appreciation for the techs who seem to love our fur babies no matter how scared or cranky they are.

Lana, quit hogging all of the C-boys and send one over here! It’s been one of those days and the week ain’t over yet. Impressive WI, by the way - you’ve been trending downward!

Sara, just set my NCAA brackets - alas, had to go for UVA. I will no doubt lose badly. Anyone else doing March Madness? Kathryn, I think you’re into it, right?

Settling into a comfy chair with a warm blanket, since Lana is keeping the C-boys busy. Shelby and others - hope you had a good day.

Sweet dreams,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,859 Member
    Options

Hi Tess, Hi Dawn~~

Just checking in before bedtime.....

I had a couple of friends over for dinner. No tracking. Back on the balance beam tomorrow~~

Sara - you made me laugh out loud with the "these appointments come flying at you like gnats" observation.
    So, so true!!!

Sleep well everybody~

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Tess - as a multi generational Purdue family, I am not allowed to NOT have Purdue win it all. Hahahaha!
    thanks for the reminder - i need to get my cat into the vet for her annual checkup.

Ash - way to stick with getting your steps in! yes, my dog Callahan ran out in front of a SUV late last year. luckily only dislocated hip and some road rash. vets were shocked he didn't need surgery.

Sara - way to go on ignoring those boxes of cookies! colonoscopy prep & mammogram on same day does not sound like a fun way to spend a day. but i definitely get the idea of doing all appointments that you can in one day.

Lana - great that you love the mysteries and the puzzles. they say that exercising your mind is as important, if not more, than exercising your body.

I gave in and had a gyro tonight. not happy but it was dinner with DH so i was okay with it. :)

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tess- hope all goes well with kitty! Think we are coming into our busy time... this week has been crazy already! Doesn't help that I had to work on my only day off this week... gotta work weekend...I try my best to be comforting to all animals, even to the grumpiest critter...a lot of them are so scared coming in, I want their visit to not be so terrifying... glad you have a good office for your baby....

Sara - great NSV! I say this, as I sit here with a bag of chocolate...grr...TOM and, it's winning tonight...

Lana - glad you could enjoy your dinner and, not beat yourself up about... on to tomorrow...

Kathryn - gotta look at the positive... enjoy dinner with DH
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY,

Good morning,

Tried to lessen the amount of water I was taking first thing with my fiber therapy - read heartburn commonly happens on an empty stomach - so will try more water again. :p

Bundled up for bed with extra warm blankets and midnight had to downgrade. Romance novel is good one a 4 part series and this is book 2.

Wearing green today at work lets me wear jeans. Take it - except wearing jeans makes me think its Friday and I fear I will not get up on time the next day......

Annie - if you are out there, just post a "peep" like Lana did. Hope you are doing well.

Gonzaga - underdog as always but they are in the March Madness many years....... I fear as usual it will be an East Coast show down, but look who won the Super Bowl? Magic can happen. So make your brackets and dream.

Lurking from work.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It’s Frisday here at CHCS. After all the accreditation stuff, our fearless leader gave us Friday off! She canceled school and is giving us a paid holiday!

How wonderful!

Sara - I’m sorry about your heartburn. Ick. I hope you find a solution.

Acodado, egg and tomato for breakfast. Lunch will be a taco salad because the teaching staff is going out to dinner tonight. I want to have plenty of carbs left for that!

I forgot to go work out last night, but I did get my steps in! Going to grandparents’ late tonight. They will meet their grand-piggies. Lol.

Alright, I should probably do some teachery things.

-Ash
  • hickchic67
    Options
    trying to get steps in at work, walking hallways between meetings/projects, but today have one sock that is determined to slide down and bunch up under my foot. faster i walk, faster it creeps down. extremely aggravating! still walking though....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hqbusq0s8bib.jpg
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    hqbusq0s8bib.jpg

YASSSSS
  • hickchic67
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Gonzaga leads by 4 with 3 min left in the 1st!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I know they are playing Stanford, so it will be a good game, Thank you for the update. Havent been able to come up for air this morning at work.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Gonzaga moves on!! It was a good game, Gonzaga led almost the whole time, but it got really close a few times!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    My son and DIL graduated from Radford U on VA in 1992. Never been in the Big Dance before. Now they play #1 Villanova :cry:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good afternoon and welcome Jim! 2 posters here are serious March Madness fans. Stop by and post. Okay somebody has to play #1 right? Time for David to beat Goliath.

Pita bread pizza for dinner.

Work was just stupid. Spent most of morning working in something boss asked me to, only to have her turn around and said not to send anything out as it is on hold. I opened the organic peanut butter chocolate chip cookie (2 servings) will have rest after dinner. Just rolled my eyes and kept myself from mouthing off.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am grateful.

Hey Lana - what is all these appointments? You getting a NYC makeover? Yes, a CA makeover would be different.....

Wishing all a good night. May/may not fly by before lights out.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Wow...I had a really great story to share.. and, now, I have another story that is breaking my heart...

My Ex's son, (the 1 that did community service at shelter), was life flighted to Columbia university hospital...I don't know exactly what happened, but it has to do with Diabetes...I had no idea he was Diabetic! He just turned 16, January 30th! His Aunt said, he'll be in ICU and hafta have an insulin pump forever...it's taking everything, not to jump in my car and go! But, as I'm not family, I know I won't be able to see him...I am going to keep in contact with his Aunt and see him as soon as they'll let me...WOW! I was not expecting that news, today...

My good news...I haven't shared, cuz I was afraid I would jinx it.. hopefully, this is not the case... last Friday, SO's son contacted him... he has not seen or talked to him in at least 8 years...the mom wouldn't allow... he wanted to see SO... so, we made an 1 1/2 hr drive to meet him, his mom and step Dad.. it went really well... kinda awkward but well...I think, it would be really good, if they were allowed to talk without the mom sitting right there... but, she doesn't want to give up that control just yet... we have plans to meet them again, tomorrow! And, they asked us to go to a rock show that the boy wants to go to... he loves rocks! I'm hoping, that this will continue and they will be able to form a good relationship..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

TGIF - dog up and fed. Rain made pit stops more often for dog after dinner.

Dawn - my supervisor is on an insulin pump and was also a juvenile diabetic, so if the pump/medicine/patient work together it is not as scary as it sounds. Love the possibility of other child/parent connection. It is a big first step.

Knitted a lot on blue blanket watching Poirot and will have to catch up with yellow one. Coworker's parents got here from India last weekend. Took a whole day but they are adjusting well. They have a guest house (mother in law house) in back which is ideal. They can stay until baby is born and longer if needed.

I will admit I saw the basketball scores yesterday and did not recognize many of the teams.

Oatmeal ready and time to scoot. Lurking from work as usual. Make it a great Friday.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- thanks...I think, the scariest thing is being flown to hospital and being in ICU... and, I'm only getting bits and pieces of what's going on... hopefully, it goes well and he's home, soon...as for SO... guess I shouldn't have said anything... they've already cancelled plans and upset SO...I'm hoping it's just a temp set back and, he seems him soon....I will never understand how a parent can do this to "punish" the other parent but, they're actually punishing their child...
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!

Hello Jim! I’m not a basketball person, but I’m happy that you all have something in common to talk about. How fun!

Dawn - Holy moly. I’ll be praying for your ex’s son, the family and you. That is scary. Also, I’m sorry about your SO and the drama with his ex. That is heartbreaking. I will pray that the mom’s heart will be softened and see the importance of this father/son relationship being supported.

Sara! I LOVE Poirot! I just watched Murder on the Orient Express last not. Kenneth Branagh makes a pretty good Poirot. My Agatha Christie obsessed best friend had words, but overall, she liked the film.

Yesterday was a Looong day. School-drama practice-dinner with staff. Good but long. I ate well during the day to be ready for dinner. And then I indulged a little more than necessary. Oh well. I’m going to the gym with K (best friend) in about an hour. So that’s cool.

Three day weekend for me! Yay!

I’ll check in later tonight.
    -Ash
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Wow...I had a really great story to share.. and, now, I have another story that is breaking my heart...

My Ex's son, (the 1 that did community service at shelter), was life flighted to Columbia university hospital...I don't know exactly what happened, but it has to do with Diabetes...I had no idea he was Diabetic! He just turned 16, January 30th! His Aunt said, he'll be in ICU and hafta have an insulin pump forever...it's taking everything, not to jump in my car and go! But, as I'm not family, I know I won't be able to see him...I am going to keep in contact with his Aunt and see him as soon as they'll let me...WOW! I was not expecting that news, today...

My good news...I haven't shared, cuz I was afraid I would jinx it.. hopefully, this is not the case... last Friday, SO's son contacted him... he has not seen or talked to him in at least 8 years...the mom wouldn't allow... he wanted to see SO... so, we made an 1 1/2 hr drive to meet him, his mom and step Dad.. it went really well... kinda awkward but well...I think, it would be really good, if they were allowed to talk without the mom sitting right there... but, she doesn't want to give up that control just yet... we have plans to meet them again, tomorrow! And, they asked us to go to a rock show that the boy wants to go to... he loves rocks! I'm hoping, that this will continue and they will be able to form a good relationship..

Dawn - I so hope that things go well for Ex's son and his diabetes. Sending good vibes your way.

As for SO's son: How old is he? At what age does he get to do as he wishes, on his own?
    I read the part about the cancelling of the plans. Sometimes people cannot grow up--the adults there are still children--selfish, vindictive, little brats in adult bodies. Time will march on though, and son will be able to see father as he pleases. Not knowing son's age, it may take many years, but it will eventually happen that the son has the control of his life.

Lana