Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Dog met 2 new dogs and didnt bark which is good for her.

Just an FYI - there is the ability to "friend" on this website, if you are new to posting on this thread and I have not friended you back - I dont know what that means so I dont friend anyone.

Hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.....
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome Farmgirl! You've come to the right place for support and camaraderie among those of us who start, backslide and start again. It's a journey to good health, and as someone pointed out once, it's not a linear journey (especially for women). I'm Tess and I've been posting here since early July. Feel free to share or lurk, whatever helps you on the journey.

Waves to Sara, Lana, Dawn, Annie and everyone else.

BBL

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana/ Sara - yes, I am about 15lbs from goal... which, as we know, is good and bad... those last 10 take forever, which is my struggle... when SO and I got together, I was a little above goal, but going to gym 5- 6 days a week...I have gained 20+ lbs since then (5 years) and, he doesn't think I've gained a pound. It is a struggle.... I am so thankful that he truly loves me, no matter what... but, he is not supportive of what I want/need to do to make myself happy... he just doesn't get it... add to that, all the stress in my life, even more so the last few months...I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle...I'm trying.... chuggin along...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes, Dawn, keep on chugging !!!

Welcome to Farmgirl ~~ I also greatly disliked the WW smart points program. I somehow couldn't settle in with it. They lost me when they transitioned from the program was roughly 50 calories per point and when they got SO detailed that they stopped the manual slider/calculator.
    Then the monthly membership pass was simply too expensive for me, even with the cheapest program. There is a super leader in NYC named Mike, and I loved his meetings. Very realistic.

MFP is just calories, and its data base is pretty good. I'm not able to work right now, so you know I am grateful that MFP has a free program/tracking. .....time to go track my lunch.

Sara - my sister is beside herself about the weather temperature forecast for Labor Day weekend. Although she won't have highs as high as yours, she has no air conditioning in her house. She's been in that house for roughly ten years now and is living in the past when one didn't need AC in the bay area (she's lived there more or less since the early 80s). Crazy girl. If it were me, I would have buggered together something for one room at least. She is obstinate.

I'm waiting for Aetna guy to call me back, but this could take days. I guess I will put phone in Ziploc bag and put it at the edge of the pool in case he calls while I am doing my exercises. It's after 2PM already, so it's now or never for me.

Sorry so long!

BBL

Lana

242.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    they say 110 Friday - snapping fingers for bucket of ice from cboys

lana - I agree - I would get a window box air conditioner.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Called gastroenterology department to find out they are booked through March for colonoscopies and that I would have to take a cancellation - before Dec 31st as I will no longer have their medical group. Cannot take taxi/uber/lyft as they will not let me - not sure I may just have to wait until either something major happens or I change medical groups. All dressed up and nowhere to go..... such a warm fuzzy.

After 2:30 my supervisor left -she likes to leave punctually (she is salary)- there were no supervisors on the floor - one on maternity, one on family leave and one on vacation. It was so quiet.....

Not as hot today - seeing Friday on the horizon..... hoping next Wednesday is not too hot will have Miss T in car.....

Leftover cold pizza - and dvd tonight.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7jcw0mxrg7po.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    g9tm97bw3shx.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning!

Window open - last time probably for days so taking advantage.

War paint on for work, yesterday was "fake it till I make it" Tuesday I decided. Today is "war paint Wednesday"? Who knows.

Cafe lunch with container for dinner.

Donating hats I have again, need to do something positive - total # donated 78. I have a couple to sew on table. Eyes not good after work, so I sew things on weekends.

Stay cool, drink lots of water and keep those Cboys busy , they are getting lazy.

Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Still can't say much good about my diet. The bright spot has been good breakfasts and lots of water. DH forgot to buy my salad makings for lunches, so I've been eating leftovers that are a bit carb-heavy. Trying to stay out of the sweets at home - but need to throw them away to do so!

Back/hip have been a bit better. Trying to get more walking in during the day. Have not gotten out for a walk in the evenings as we have been so busy with other activities at night. Maybe tonight?

Survived the middle school open house last night. What chaos! School still had not fixed DD's schedule even though I emailed them two weeks ago and they responded saying they would deal with it. New special ed case manager had no clue. So, I caught the assistant principal last night and made sure a message was sent to the counselor and special ed teachers.

Today is my DD's 14th birthday! We will go out for supper tonight at a restaurant of her choosing to celebrate. :) Time flies! Where did 14 years go?

Beautiful weather here in MN. Wish it could be like this all year through.

Happy Wednesday!

Annie
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    waves.....j9d5wkzlvxko.jpg
    oq59f0dz1hkt.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara and Annie and Samuels~~~

I'm halfway through my two weeks here in NC and I have gotten very little done about the big tree. Waiting on one return phone call.....
    It is not easy getting things done, whether it is a tree or a colonoscopy or decent care for 14 yr. old student.

Closing laptop to get in the breakfast and a workout.....

BBL - Waves to all who stop by later~~

Lana

241.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    45 posts - wow! I have some catching up to do!

Am back from a fantastigorical vacation! A weekend of Jeeps and a surprise birthday party! Had so much fun that we are thinking of making it an annual trip. We did everything from offroading, to museums, to indoor skydiving. A bee sting kept me from hiking and zip-lining so those are on tap for next year.

I did not track nor did I eat right while gone. (ate at Paula Deen's for petes sake!) But I have to say I was shocked when I got on the scales this morning. I was sure I was back to 170. When scales showed 160.5, I got off & back on. Weighed myself 5 times - 160.5 every time. Maybe all the running around we did somewhat evened it out. I was walking well over 10k steps a day by noon each day!

Now I am back and starting over once more. Logging food today and trying to make good choices to get me back in the groove.

TTFA *waving to everyone who drops in*
    *basking in the sun on lounge chair by pool being pampered by Cboys*

160.5 today
    216.0 highest
    145.0 goal
  • MileHigh4Wheeler
    MileHigh4Wheeler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    <<< This guy here is a WINNER! Tired of bouncing around and not being serious about things so a year ago I set out to change it and I'm healthier than I have been since I was in the Army.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Wow Kathryn!
    So glad for you and the number on that scale!
    Very very nice to hear that you had a great vacation!

Yes, please keep the Cabana Boys busy--Sara says they need more to do. ;)

Lana
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a bit behind too hickchic! I was visiting my husband who lives north of Chicago at the moment. It was a great weekend. We went to this massive ren faire in Wisconsin and had a really good burger at some pub near where he lives. So worth every single calorie. I even logged a weight loss, so I was happy about that!

rsamuelsgold, I love that first image you posted!

Lana, sometimes it is just hard to get things done. Some days I am so motivated, others not so much. I hope you are enjoying your time in NC.

My focus over the next few days is getting back into the habit of logging my meals and getting my 10,000 steps in. I work a 12 hour desk job which makes it difficult sometimes to get in my steps. If I get up early, I am exhausted all day. Then again, by the time I get home at the end of the day, I am ready for bed so I can get up for work the next day again.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - great WI... enjoy NC... hope you get that tree taken care of... you are so right about getting things done... never easy no matter what...

Kathryn - good to see you... glad you had such a great vacation.... I'm sure all the activities you did, definitely helped with weight... good for you

Annie - sometimes just coming on here is a great help, whether you log or even eat right, for that matter... you've got a lot of stress going on.... don't beat yourself up over numbers... you'll get back to it and we'll be here all along the way...

Vanessa - glad you had a good visit with your husband... sounds like you have a good plan... getting started can be tricky, but you will do it and will feel great....

Sara - hope you were able to enjoy the fresh air this morning... try not to melt in the heat....I love your descriptions of the day.... so far, I enjoy most my days at work... Monday is probably least fav, and not just for obvious reasons...I'm stuck alone with the least friendly girls on Monday's.... just do my job and not worry about them

Well... more stress in life... which, right now, means less eating... not sure how I went from always overeating when stressed, to barely eating... there's never a happy medium with me... blah

Waves to Samuels and anyone else I missed..
    Have a great day everyone...
  • MrsLeonard2016
    MrsLeonard2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Can I join in on these daily updates? I think something like this would really help me! I'm not in ww or anything but love seeing how supportive you all are.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Can I join in on these daily updates? I think something like this would really help me! I'm not in ww or anything but love seeing how supportive you all are.

Of course you can!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all those new to the thread!

Got back to work today and informed I will be moving offices. Its in the back of the building but I GET A WINDOW!!! Whoop! Whoop! Am so tired of working in windowless offices. I never know if its day or night. Now we just have to wait and see if the move actually happens. As with everything military, just wait a minute and the plans will change.

Did not sleep well last night and dont have any Spark onhand so I had to go get a diet pepsi to try and stay awake. ugh! i used to drink this stuff by the gallon but now it tastes awful.

All the news coming in about Harvey hitting TX. Is anyone in here in TX or affected by Harvey?

Dawn - hows the job going? still stressed? just remember to breathe. try to eat a little bit every few hours, if you can. dont want your body to go into starvation mode.

Annie - those cupcakes! wow! good luck with the school year. i know i have butted heads with administration more than i liked. it can be frustrating but hang in there and stand your ground. hope your DD has a great year!

Vanessa - that renaissance fair sounds fun. i have always wanted to go to one. i have a friend who is big into them, makes his own costumes with hand-tooled leather, etc.

Sara - i am liking "war paint Wednesdays" also like those little motivation pics you posted! how can you do oatmeal and hot cocoa in that heat?? of course, that makes me want to go make some chai. LOL

Lana - your sister doesn't have a/c?? my sister used to be like that but now that she bought a house with central air, I swear she has it on ALL the time.