Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome September ! It's much cooler here in the northeast already . Long walks with or without Bella will be in order . I bought a used Childs stroller at a thrift store . Yes I'm going to be the crazy lady with the frenchie in her basket ! 3ll3tjlu59ka.jpg
    This is her on her first outing to a liquor store , which she liked much better than Home Depot because she got treats & was generally fawned all over . I will try & not go back to much in September though !
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

For grins got on scale - lowest # in a long time, but no official weigh in day - nice to see.

108-111 today and tomorrow. How nasty is that? More water, more water, more water.

Bella! what a good name - I dont approach dogs unless I know them as a rule, but she is a cutie.

Hoping for a little more sleep, fruit/veg box came late last night and I forgot it was coming. Can figure out most of the items into meals....

Wave to all who follow. TGIF
  • heal130
    heal130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! So looking forward to the long weekend-long work week Time to get serious with tracking and exercise NYE in Vegas I have to fit into my goal jeans
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Ugh...I Hop keeps advertising French toasted donuts... oddly, they look super yummy... glad there isn't one close...

There is a Hurts Donuts where I live. If you are not familiar with them, you should google them. The have the most strange combination of donuts, but they are humungous and taste amazing. They even have a donut milkshake. It sounds awful, but holy hell it makes my mouth water. That place is like a once a year treat for me.
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

For grins got on scale - lowest # in a long time, but no official weigh in day - nice to see.

108-111 today and tomorrow. How nasty is that? More water, more water, more water.

Bella! what a good name - I dont approach dogs unless I know them as a rule, but she is a cutie.

Hoping for a little more sleep, fruit/veg box came late last night and I forgot it was coming. Can figure out most of the items into meals....

Where do you live that it is that hot?? That is too much. We had temps like that here in Nebraska about a month ago. It only last a week though. It was gross.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! We are getting to be quite the hot spot! Must be the Cboys! ;)

rsamuels - way to go! that is some fantastic progress!!

Lana - great job on meal planning! i need to get my planning back in order. last few days back from vacation my numbers have been in the red. :(
    for the occasional batch of pancakes, try Kodiak Cakes pancake mix. its very high protein. sometimes i make the batter with smashed banana and sprinkled with walnuts for a different flavor. i found that eating fruit spread instead of the typical syrup on pancakes is fewer calories/carbs and actually much more flavorful. now i am craving pancakes...... maybe for dinner tonight.

Dawn - french toasted donuts?? i think i gained 5 pounds just thinking about that one! there is a local place that makes french toast out of giant cinnamon rolls and slathers them in icing & syrup. mmmmm - 5 more pounds thinking about that one! :o

Sara - whoop! whoop! on the scale numbers! cooler weather moved in here. it was in 50s this morning. i thought i was going to go into hypothermia walking into work! hopefully it will warm up slightly over the weekend.

Alright.... I have Ladies Night stuck in my head now. gotta get that earworm outta there!

There are actually several people who bring their dogs to work. only a couple actually keep them with them all day though. thankfully the supervisors here dont mind as long as they are quiet, clean, and out of the way. someday i will have to bring my Callahan in for a visit. after more training though. id like to not have him on a leash the whole time.

Have to go out of town for holiday. i would much rather stay home and rest & catch up on stuff we missed while on vacation. DH has other plans. going to his uncles for Labor Day is a somewhat of a tradition for him. he goes golfing. i have not been able to go the past 3 years and he is adamant i go. not that i will even see him while there, mind you. at least his aunt is good cook and does make some healthy meals. will just have to go easy on the desserts.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a bit behind too hickchic! I was visiting my husband who lives north of Chicago at the moment. It was a great weekend. We went to this massive ren faire in Wisconsin and had a really good burger at some pub near where he lives. So worth every single calorie. I even logged a weight loss, so I was happy about that!

rsamuelsgold, I love that first image you posted!

Lana, sometimes it is just hard to get things done. Some days I am so motivated, others not so much. I hope you are enjoying your time in NC.

My focus over the next few days is getting back into the habit of logging my meals and getting my 10,000 steps in. I work a 12 hour desk job which makes it difficult sometimes to get in my steps. If I get up early, I am exhausted all day. Then again, by the time I get home at the end of the day, I am ready for bed so I can get up for work the next day again.

My schedule has been that way too. I changed my start time today so I start work an hour later which means an extra hour of sleep. Glorious.

I have a desk job too and struggle to do the steps thing. I was actually trying to find a way around that now and I'm considering a walk around the block every two hours or so. It's a seven minute walk and there are three flights of stairs but I'll test that theory on Monday.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    Those pancakes Tears :'(:'(:'(

Those look glorious. Partially because I'm really hungry and partially because I started a sugar detox today. I FEEL EMPTY. :(:(

Weeping - Hurts Donuts sounds awesome. I have a colleague who would love that. They opened Dunkin Donuts in South Africa last year. There are two close to the office but we haven't been there for some time.

There's a crepe cake shop that opened recently. They have no/low added sugar crepe cakes including a 95% dark chocolate ones. I haven't tried any of their things but their decor is beautiful. I'll have to treat myself to a slice some day.

My friend is coming to my place after dance tomorrow and we're going to make blueberry OR BlackBerry pancakes though you might call them crepes. We make the paper thin ones. I make them from scratch. One of the few things I make well but I usually eat them as they come out of the pan which defeats the point and I end up having too many. I heart pancakes and flap jacks. Will decorate with berries and share pics.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The building is almost deserted here. There is a guy watching loud comedy videos down the hall and a few minutes ago there were 2 people tossing a football back and forth outside my office door. Other than that, the place is lifeless. I agree with rsamuels - I am tired of adulting.

Did get some conflicting reports yesterday of which office will be my new one. They say I may end up with corner office with TWO windows! <falling over in a faint> Out of 10 years, I have had an office with a window for about 10 months. I may spontaneously combust if exposed to two windows at same time! :D:p
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    I bought a meal replacement shake to use in the evening so I don't kill my progress for the day with evening snacks and excessive portions I also don't cook dinner so it's hard to log.

It's been okay but today I'm hungry and the only thing I'll have tonight is the shake and maybe coffee. I'm still well under my calorie goal so maybe popcorn or a sandwich or tuna salad. Still trying to up my protein intake.
  • rsamuelsgold
    edited September 2017
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    The building is almost deserted here. There is a guy watching loud comedy videos down the hall and a few minutes ago there were 2 people tossing a football back and forth outside my office door. Other than that, the place is lifeless. I agree with rsamuels - I am tired of adulting.

Did get some conflicting reports yesterday of which office will be my new one. They say I may end up with corner office with TWO windows! <falling over in a faint> Out of 10 years, I have had an office with a window for about 10 months. I may spontaneously combust if exposed to two windows at same time! :D:p

Corner office sounds fantastic. Let's stop adulting. The ocean is clear, the sand warm, and the CBoys have our drinks in crystal glasses
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    velocity60 wrote: »
    Welcome September ! It's much cooler here in the northeast already . Long walks with or without Bella will be in order . I bought a used Childs stroller at a thrift store . Yes I'm going to be the crazy lady with the frenchie in her basket ! 3ll3tjlu59ka.jpg
    This is her on her first outing to a liquor store , which she liked much better than Home Depot because she got treats & was generally fawned all over . I will try & not go back to much in September though !

Love that! I have 2 Boston's... they are the best!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ugh...I Hop keeps advertising French toasted donuts... oddly, they look super yummy... glad there isn't one close...

There is a Hurts Donuts where I live. If you are not familiar with them, you should google them. The have the most strange combination of donuts, but they are humungous and taste amazing. They even have a donut milkshake. It sounds awful, but holy hell it makes my mouth water. That place is like a once a year treat for me.
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Where do you live that it is that hot?? That is too much. We had temps like that here in Nebraska about a month ago. It only last a week though. It was gross.

We don't have Hurts here... but, they are a couple hours away and frequently make stops around surrounding cities... haven't tried them yet, tho...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - that's how I feel, every time I see the ad.... wish I could FF thru them....too much..lol
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I bought a meal replacement shake to use in the evening so I don't kill my progress for the day with evening snacks and excessive portions I also don't cook dinner so it's hard to log.

It's been okay but today I'm hungry and the only thing I'll have tonight is the shake and maybe coffee. I'm still well under my calorie goal so maybe popcorn or a sandwich or tuna salad. Still trying to up my protein intake.

Same here on the protein... just can't seem to get it... what kind of shake did you get? I can never find one as filling as they claim
    .. ugh
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    A local pharmacy mode

Same here on the protein... just can't seem to get it... what kind of shake did you get? I can never find one as filling as they claim
    .. ugh

A local product. It's not filling but tasty. My medical aid gives me points for the brand.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

107 or higher, smoke from area fires and air is brown and "unhealthy" for everyone. Dog had to take a longer walk than usual - she has since eaten her medicine (what a victory for me)- I almost carried her home it is so bad out there but dont want to start a new habit for her. Someone asked where I live - California

Leftover lunch for dinner - udon noodles with spicy chicken and vegetables.
    0jrvwa1slo1d.png

wcxrxr2se8f3.png

hahaha could not resist.

May swing by before lights out - going to go start the dvd weekend......
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow - spend a few days away from here and the place starts hopping! Welcome to all newbies and welcome back to others who have been away. Congrats to Sara on the WI! And congrats to vacationers who have been able to lose (wow!), maintain or not gain too much. Ever onward.

Vanessa, I was intrigued by Hurts Donuts (we have Dunkin', Krispy Kreme and Duck Donuts here). OMG! So tempting...apparently the "closest" one to me is in Iowa. Since I live near Washington, DC, I won't be trying any soon!

Funny how we got on the topic of IHOP, donuts, crepes (yours sound delicious, Samuels) - I was just noticing the other day how the fast food commercials not only push their food, they encourage people to buy two or the bad stuff by putting it on special. I confess I hadn't noticed how saturated we are with food commercials. I guess I'm more sensitized to it now.

Velocity, I love the pic of Bella! Such a beauty. I have two kitties but am an animal lover.

Sara, great photos for the weekend! Time for the Cabana Boys...

BBL,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed - she knows her schedule. Will try for a little more sleep. Too hot to take shower last night....

Early morning errands and then back inside. 109 yesterday same or hotter today.

BBL
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy about my start to the month . I did my squat challenge yesterday & also the step one . Had over 16,000 steps & it was all from cleaning , yard work & errands . I went to my mother in laws 91st birthday party , I made the appetizer platter & I included fruit & better choices . It was a big hit & I managed to get back to the weight I was last Friday . These weekend boomerangs are a killer for me , but it's my new September & this weekend is going to be different ! 23p70ykum6zw.jpg
    amy7y0dxqan1.jpg