Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Sneak all the food you want - tracking it honestly is so humbling.... red calorie day and not 100 calorie or less.

Dani - welcome. I read your post at work had to wait until I got home to post. Welcome - long post?? not around here.....

Annie - Glad you could find the good in your day. Not always easy.

Snoring will be me under Lana's Palm Tree- hope your trip goes well. Let us know you made it.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Finally got to see my friend, today! Only for a few minutes... but, was so good to see her and give her a big ol hug! Hoping to spend some time with her, next week... we'll see what happens...

Family here tomorrow...I love them... just would rather go there, than them come here... not sure why... they don't come to house, we just go to lunch and a bit of shopping... Will try not to overeat... going to buffet at Mennonite restaraunt... such delicious "homemade" food...yummm

Hope everyone has a great night..
    Will check in tomorrow...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - key to those places to eat - have 1 of whatever and if you can stop yourself from having more then that is a victory. Iowa also has Mennonite towns and tourist places to eat/buy merchandise.

Lunch with my father as step mother is in NYC with her girlfriends shopping for the week.

Lana - hope your traveling went well.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • FUBWBT
    FUBWBT Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group. Definitely qualify as serial. Multiple trips on ww and multiple trips on mfp. Would like this to be the last time I restart.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - that is always my plan going to a buffet... honestly, it's not really worth my money going to buffet..I don't allow myself multiple trips... but, family loves the place, so I go to visit... it's just, I know most of the choices are not great... so, I just get small samples and enjoy...

They are on their way... Will meet them, soon... :)

Everyone have a good day..
    BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FUBWBT - stop by and post when you can.

Dawn- hope you have a great day. It is only one meal. Do your best and enjoy.
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Saturday update:

I climbed up an overhang at the climbing gym last night! That was pretty exciting. My hands are sore as hell, but that's to be expected. My shoulders and elbows are also feeling it - I feel like I got stretched out on one of those medieval torture racks. But gently. By an expert chiropractor or something.

Also, remember how I mentioned my boyfriend wanting to come on a run with me? Well...it IS going to happen. I thought the blacklight run might be something he'd be interested in, and...I was absolutely right; he took one look at the home page and told me to sign him up. So I did. We're both officially registered! Next step is training!

In less fun news, I messed up yesterday and tried a snack without thoroughly checking the ingredient list first - I just skimmed it before I tried it, and only after I'd had a serving did I notice it was colored with a wheat extract. :# The good news is, because it was just an extract for coloring, and there was very little of it, I don't seem to be having any reaction (my stomach is a little upset, but not "someone gave me the regular bread" upset) - even so, I won't be getting these things again, which is a damned shame because they're really good.

As for today, it's gonna be a day of cleaning and homework after I come home from the gym. Hope everyone is having a great day! Will read more and reply when I can!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

My trip down to NC went amazingly well, technically. Gorgeous weather, getting to and from the airports went without a hitch. But yes, as I always do, I enjoyed the free cocktails and soup and healthy snacks and brownies in the airline club. A new day tomorrow~~

Hey Sara -your step mother is in NYC this upcoming week? or this past United Nations-bad traffic week?
    Hope you had good visit with your father.
    How is Miss Tillie doing?

Welcome Miss Dani - please come and chat with us often. A few of us are focused here on this thread only, and we don't clue in to the friending thing. Once in a blue moon something pops up on my phone and I'm able to cheer on Missy (Gemwolf110), but I am a stump otherwise! However, some of our more on the ball ladies may do the friending thing.....

Dawn - for how long is your young lady in the States? And I forgot.....is she family or close friends or cousin?.....

Annie - yes, photos can be just awful. I try to avoid looking at them. The weight is one thing; the aging does NOT sit with me well at all.

Mango - you are in very great shape if you are climbing overhangs! I used to dream of trying climbing at my gym when I get to goal. Now I'm not sure I will ever be able to do it; may have to be happy with hiking!

Jeez I'm weary.

Waves to all who stop by later or early tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- lunch wasn't too terrible... chicken was baked, couldn't resist mashed potatoes and gravy... had a small serving... it was all yummy...Mom brought a Concrete from Culver's...I managed to only eat a small portion and sent the rest back with Mom...

Lana- she is actually an Ex's daughter...but, we have stayed in touch over the years. I consider her a friend, if not daughter. But, no real relation. She will be here for about 3 weeks... just don't know what all her Dad has planned for her...and, I don't want to mess up any plans ...he hasn't seen her for 2 years and this is her first visit to states...I know he wants to spend so much time with her and I don't blame him... so, will just see what happens..glad trip went well...tomorrow is a new day...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Whoa Dawn, I just looked up what Culvers and Concretes are! They look irresistible and much evil trouble!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tracked and in red - eat out twice in one day will do that.......Had a good lunch with father - he left his wallet on counter (driver's license). I am tempted to call and make sure he got home okay but then there would be nothing to talk about next Saturday.....

NSV - pair of capri's fit this week. Surprised me, and coworkers were glad for the fashion change. Doubled my summer pants options.......

Stepmother is there NYC until Tuesday - why is it United Nations bad traffic week? Glad you made it by plane was not such a long day....

Dog wanted an extra walk this afternoon and considering the calories I inhaled I did not mind....also means she is doing better.

Dawn - glad you are able to see Australian friend.

Went to get chocolate for work and coworker who is under 200 % stress - CVS was having a "pest issue" and could not sell any food or drink. Went to international store and bought some Ukrainian chocolate. I will have to ask if it is any good - I will try the dark chocolate and she gets the milk chocolate.

Chicken chili in crockpot tomorrow - laundy also on tomorrow list. What is on yours?

Wishing all a good night.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've started over 100 times! It's taken me 6 years to lose 35 lbs.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Whoa Dawn, I just looked up what Culvers and Concretes are! They look irresistible and much evil trouble!

Lana

Yes they are! That's why, I wasn't terribly upset I forgot mine... it was incredibly delicious... but, I definitely didn't need to eat an entire one all to myself... and, thankfully, they are not close to me or I would be there all the time...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thank you... congrats on great NSV! That is always a wonderful feeling... glad lunch with Dad went well and that he got wallet back... chicken chili sounds interesting... I like turkey chili, is it similar?

Accidentally injured my dog, last night... she turned her head and, basically poked herself in the eye with my thumbnail... her eye was a little watery and squinty, last night and this morning...after lunch, came home and her eye was totally white... looked it up, symptoms of her having rubbed it and got something in it... luckily, I do work at a vet office... unfortunately, Dr's are out of town...I think I will try to message the office Mgr and see what proper procedure is for having her seen... poor girl is pretty well blind, right now... her other eye has a cataract and she can barely see out it, now her good eye is injured....I feel so horrible... it was a freak accident, but feel it was all my fault...
  • ShyFromCanada
    ShyFromCanada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Active pals welcome! :wink:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Quick note. Dog done and more sleep for me. Groceries and then housework.

Dawn, you are lucky to work at Vet in that you knew the Dr are out of town instead of calling and not getting an answer. Keeping good thoughts for her.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

So happy it is a Sunday and not a Monday yet.....although official weigh in was an awful number. My body tracks it all for me, doesn't it.
    No time like the present to embark on another, better chapter in the journey.

Sara - Congrats on that NSV and the capris!!!

Dawn - Sending healing vibes out to your doggie! What's her name?

Waves to all who stop by~~

BBL

Lana

246.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So much for yesterday. Remember what I said about not really feeling any effect from the snack mistake? Yeah, well, as soon as I had breakfast that went right out the window. You know how sometimes you'll have a cut or bruise and you won't notice it until something touches it wrong? That was basically how my intestines felt all day yesterday - as soon as I ate breakfast and stuff started moving, I felt like someone had jammed a knife in my stomach. Kinda threw all my plans out the window. It's gonna be a few days, possibly even weeks before I feel totally right again. :s

Good news is, it's a little better already. Luckily the worst of it clears up fast. But I ended up eating more than I wanted to yesterday - everything I logged, plus a couple small snacks I didn't know how to log. But hey, it was one bad day, I was in control, and considering how this works, I probably couldn't absorb it all anyway, so I'm not going to worry about one day over target with extraordinary circumstances.

Hopefully I'll be up to going to the gym like I planned to today. I'm getting antsy about it.

Dawn: Hope your dog heals up good and fast! It wasn't your fault - like you said, it was a freak accident, and I'm sure she knows that too. If she we're human, she'd probably be laughing about how it happened - speaking as someone who's injured himself on someone else's body before.

Sara: Ooh, chicken chili sounds amazing! Today I need to cook some stuff I can take to school over the next few days - and right now, I wish I had a crock pot!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    chicken chili in crock pot - done
    Sweet potatoes in oven - done
    online bills paid- done

scale will not be my friend tomorrow, but it just is. If I ate like I used to all 7 days of the week I would need to get back into the size I was before WW. There is a reason that losing weight is not easy.

• arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/ Lana/ Mango- doggie "Domino " is actually doing better! SO has been flushing it out 2- 3 times a day... it's not white, anymore and she seems to be seeing better...I was planning on taking her with me, tomorrow... but, issues with car, she would be stuck in kennel all day...I think I will see how she is doing tomorrow...I would still like to get her looked at, but would like to be able to bring her home on lunch... thank you for healing vibes...I would say, it definitely helped!