Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Mango- crockpot is a must! I couldn't survive without mine, especially thru fall and winter... hope your insides get back on track, soon... stomach issues can really mess things up... good thoughts coming your way....

Sara- thankfully, I don't eat the way I have the last couple days, all the time... still enjoy your NSV... that is a wonderful feeling!

Lana - amazing how quickly we can notice things in our bodies... if only I could get mine to go in a different direction...

No more chocolate, starting tomorrow...well, I know I won't cut it out, completely... but, I've had way too much since Friday... love me some chocolate...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, Scale down 0.2 - cant explain and not trying to.

Sleeping better now that I have a better posture. Hot water bottle on lower back - changing posture can also tweek other muscles, and I am just being careful.

Back to work. Will keep my head down and trod on.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Good morning everybody~~

Sara - glad scale it pointed in the right direction; you have been doing well. Pats on back for you; and glad that you are finding things to help you sleep better.
    At work, keep your head down, but in all else hold it up high. :smile:

Dawn, I hope that Miss Domino continues to improve.

I'm down in NC for roughly 4 weeks, and I am being very strict with myself regarding treats: none. I'm pretending that I've gone to a private spa/resort that is for weight loss success! My treats will be fresh fruit and iced herbal teas (yes, that is a treat for me).

*tossing beach bag and floppy hat onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

244.4 today (camel-body has given up retained water from two days of salty junk, sweets, & drinks)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *falling exhausted into lounge chair under Lana's palm tree*

Well, got the middle child married off on Saturday. The bride had itineraries for rehearsal and wedding day right down to 15 minute increments. Needless to say, those went right out the window....
    The rehearsal proved to be more than she anticipated. She thought they would just go over music cues and how the wedding party would walk in. Oh boy. They had to change the way they were standing at the stage/altar in order to get everyone in the light for photos, had to download music again, had mic issues, had to figure out what order to get the parents/grandparents to come in, how to dismiss after ceremony, etc. etc. Poor girl was a mess.

Wedding day went well. It certainly wasn't much on schedule until the ceremony though. I spent most of the morning ironing altar cloths and table linens. (No one had thought about that and when they put them up during rehearsal, I knew she would not be happy with any of her pictures at the altar if it were nothing but a wrinkled mess.) Ceremony went smoothly. Only technical difficulties were the junior ushers having to fight with the aisle runner. The bride was absolutely stunning and of course the groom was quite handsome! :) The reception was so much fun!!

The next morning I got up and drove 3 hours to go see my mother. She was much better this visit. She knew I was her daughter and apologized cause she didn't know my name. We talked and the dementia and paranoia was still there. But she was talking. Much better than past visits where she refused to talk to me. She was up and in wheelchair. We sat in lounge and listened to a lady sing hymns. Mom said she really liked to hear her sing. I did get her to eat a few bites of her dinner after she had originally refused. So, overall, it was a good visit.

Now comes the detox from the wedding rehearsal food, wedding day snacks, on the road snacks, and the reception buffet (not to mention the alcohol). I can tell a huge difference in how I feel - junk food vs. eating healthy. This is a huge reminder as to why I need to keep making healthy choices. Scales were up 6 pounds. :(

This weekend has drained me. I am back to work today. Just thought I would pop in at lunch and tell you I survived the wedding! Now back to work!

PS.... hair was ok. shoes didnt hurt until late into the evening, and the dress fit loose!! I had plenty of room to move and dance without any issues -- major NSV! :)

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Shower done, facial in progress trying to stay out of sight.... chili in toaster oven.

Kathryn - even the best planned weddings always have something go wrong, glad you had a good time. Start your detox slowly - love that you got to dance in a loose dress!!

Dawn - thinking of your Miss Domino.

Snoring will happen soon. Passing out ear plugs to the Cboys - seems it annoys them....Will bring Miss Tillie that should give them something to do, she is itching up a storm and a brush and extra rubs would not go unwelcome with her.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Kathryn - So glad that the wedding weekend, including the visit with your mother, was a great success. Half of those pounds is water from the crazy food and drink.

Sara - I hope that you get a good rest tonight~~

ZZZzzzzzzz........

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Got a headache at work yesterday, not something I often get. Sinus and stress. Lovely combo.

Will have frozen dinner tonight as I will be running dishwasher as soon as I get home. Such a dull life.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara! Good morning everybody~~

QUESTION for ongoing discussion:
    When you get to your goal weight, what will you do (or not do) to maintain that goal weight?

Yesterday, in trying to get myself to stay "on program", I wondered how I would be eating if I were at my goal weight. Would I guard it like a treasure? Would I be lazy and feel "my work here is done", and slip back into liberal thoughtless comfort food eating? Would I eat like a skinny person (that old headline) ?

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Yesterday was so-so. Made a lot of good choices, but let a bit of sugar sneak in. Grrr!

Today is questionable. Not sure what is happening for lunch since I have a meeting from 10-3 and we haven't discussed lunch. Hoping I can just go home and eat a salad. If we end up going out, hoping I can get a salad wherever we land. Supper will be tacos (no shell for me.)

Lana - thanks for the question. Clearly I did something wrong as I was at my goal weight of 145 in 2014 and now I'm over 160 again. I would have to continue to be mindful. Probably eat much the way I'm trying to eat now as I seem to be maintaining more than losing. :) I'm still trying to convince my body to lose weight!

Wish me luck staying awake during this meeting!

Annie
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

Because I was still sick and it was messing up my system, I decided to stop logging at some point yesterday and let it be a controlled cheat day, just so it wouldn't turn into a true binge later this week. Basically I decided I would let myself eat nearly anything I wanted, as long as I stopped and asked myself why I wanted it first - made me end up rethinking nearly all of the junk food. Result was, I mostly ate pretty good stuff. Lots of fruit and vegetables. Knew I could hold it to just one day because today, I have a test at school that I can't make up if I miss - I'm not ready for it, but anything I can get is better than a 0, and my worst test score may be dropped as long as I actually take all the tests, so I've gotta show up and try - and when I go to school, I end up too busy to overeat.

Decided not to weigh in this morning because I really don't need to see yesterday's food weight throwing me off. I'm still at a big deficit for the week (possibly bigger than it looks by numbers because of the intestinal problems) and I don't need to give my brain any more reason to say that eating anything makes me blow up like a balloon.

And for good news: the pain is finally going away for real, much to my relief. I'm going to drop by the gym and get back into training after class. Finally.

Lana - thanks for the question. I plan to maintain mostly by focusing on what I can do, above all else - if I end up eating too poorly, it drains my ability to run or climb or do whatever else really fast. I'm also going to continue to measure food and count calories occasionally just to make sure I'm not letting, for example, my estimate for the size of "one cup" creep up or down, but hopefully I'll be able to drop it as a daily thing. Hopefully. If I can't, well, that's life, but I really hope that I can. I know one thing that's thrown me into relapses before is, I've been known to give up the tedious parts and think "ah yes, I've built the habit, now I don't have to think about it anymore; I just have to keep doing this" because I see some marker like white grape juice becoming too sweet for me to handle, but slowly, over time, my consumption of junk food starts creeping up...and the next thing I know I'm at maintenance...and the next thing I know I'm going backward...so from now on even if I reach the point where I've made good habits, I'm going to check in on myself regularly to make sure I'm not letting bad habits sneak back in.
  • adelinatevesrevis
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to post a new thread to this community or is this just a continuous thread? Anyhoo, apologies if I'm crashing in.

Lina here, a serial starter. Hoping to improve my success of making this time stick by posting to like minded people with similar struggles. Accountability - I tend to do better when I make myself accountable to others rather than solely to myself, sad but true.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lina - welcome! we are a continuous open thread, stop by and post when you can.

At work- bbl
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

Thanks for the warm welcoming!

**waving**

So frustrated. I left my lunch at home, so now I have to venture out in to the real world and make healthy decisions. My healthy options are a salad from chick fila or chicken and veggies from the hibachi place. So at least I have some sort of a plan... right.

Today was also my first day attempting intermittent fasting. Successfully fasted for 15 hours. Although thankfully most of it i was sleeping. However I wake up at 5:15 am for the gym ( super light cardio on fasting days), then I couldn't eat anything until 11am. Drank water, green tea only. We shall see where this takes me. I attempting to do this Tuesday and Thursdays During the week.

Mango, sorry about your tummy, but glad you are feeling better today.

And that chicken chili sounds delish, its one of my favorites for meal prep, so easy and filling.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Dani: If you don't want advice feel free to ignore me, but if you do want it - I don't know how your body works, but if it were me, I'd go for the chicken and veggies. Fast food salads tend not to be as healthy as they sound, and mentally, a warm lunch is usually more comforting - I know that when I have salad as a meal, unless it was what I really, really, truly wanted that day, I'll tend to see it as a good healthy choice I should be rewarded for later! ...with more food.

Eating healthy is a mind game after all. Sometimes, cake is healthier than salad, because brains have weird ways of messing us up.

I'm debating what to do for lunch myself - I packed a steak sandwich but right now it's making me kind of sick to think about eating anything that heavy. I'll have to find something else nearby.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Dani: If you don't want advice feel free to ignore me, but if you do want it - I don't know how your body works, but if it were me, I'd go for the chicken and veggies. Fast food salads tend not to be as healthy as they sound, and mentally, a warm lunch is usually more comforting - I know that when I have salad as a meal, unless it was what I really, really, truly wanted that day, I'll tend to see it as a good healthy choice I should be rewarded for later! ...with more food.

Thanks Mango.

I ended up with the salad because the line at the hibachi place was way to long for my lunch break

And Im always up for advice .
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Annie and Mango and Dani and Lani~~

I walked 1.7 miles today and totaled over an hour paddling around in the pool. Time to go log the dinner and evening snack.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Was on hold at work for an insurance company and ultimately the message was the lifestyle improvement was more important than the ## on the scale - but as I was on hold I got to hear it over and over...... but message is true.

Last night - nice to have clean towels / facial/ time to just rest.

Tonight is dishwasher and knitting/ maybe reading. If I dont stop and enjoy these things what good are they?

Will set up chili for freezer tonight as well.

Yup boring over here.

Lana - you are just logging in those steps/laps. Good for you !!

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara/ Lana- Miss Domino is doing much better... flushing the eye at least twice a day seemed to be a good idea... work has been so crazy busy, I haven't taken her in...I think she is ok... her eye looks really good... thank you for thinking of her and all yer good thoughts..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Last night with dog on her last pit stop a young man/boyish ran through probably in trouble and I was trying to keep Miss T close and he apologized as he ran through. I thought 'wow how nice'.

Cafe lunch today and would love to take home for dinner, but I am not sure about the dressing on the salad if it would hold up with the "heat". I also eat it too quickly >:)

Dawn - glad for Domino's good news. Hugs for her.

Monthly visit with the Supervisor today - production down and audit was fair, so I am hoping she wont be too critical, I will have to put invisible tape on my mouth as well as I dont really care as things average out in a year.

Breakfast ready and must scoot. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning all~~

Sara - I hope that the visit with Supervisor goes well enough. She probably dislikes these things too, but she has to do them to keep up production, blah, blah.

The Cabana Boys tell me that there will be a special Happy Hour after work today; something to look forward to, mid-week....

I'll be on my usual lounge chair with Miss Tillie and Miss Domino~~

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal