Replies

• PamRoman61
    PamRoman61 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hickchick67 so sorry for your loss.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, wow bad enough to lose your brother but to have to babysit your sister. Lana- I am sending the cboys a memo - where did that "idiot spray" get to?? Glad you are able to get some quiet time. At work....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy! glad you are doing well - keeping active wow!! - and it sounds like you did right in getting that trailer.

Lady at work also just started WW today was her first day - so we were talking about the long term philosophy of it. Her wedding is in April and she is looking to lose a little but also eat better. I have one of the Skinnytaste cookbooks and saw the roasted vegetable section again- tis the season to roast!!

A little in the red - cheese/zucchini enchilada with rice in oven- or was it the chocolate I had today?? Hmm just is.

Tess - your sister is colorful to say the least. We will have to set up a special spa day/party for when things "settle down".

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Kathryn --so sorry to hear that your brother passed away. He must have been one great soul--all those things he did and all those people he shared his life with.
    Sending you hugs and shoulder squeezes at this sad time.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waves to everyone one else.

Missy ---So cool you could stop by.

Waving to Samuels ~~

Sara--Congrats on the super weigh in.

Waves to Pam ~~
    Welcome to TAWhite!

Time for bed.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    My brother passed away yesterday. It was peaceful. He was at home and had his wife and children with him.

My eldest sister and I had seen him Friday. You could just tell time was very short. My SIL asked that I not bring my sister back up until Sunday. We ran into several delays on Sunday and were running behind schedule. SIL called before we were to leave and said he was gone. She asked that I not bring my sister up, said if it were just me that would be welcomed but since my sister would come as well, she just could not handle her that day. I totally understood. I am sure I was rather passive-aggressive to my sister because it hurt not being able to be with the rest of the family during this time.

I had to make sure my sister did not post anything on FB before my SIL could let everyone know. I also had to monitor who she called and texted for same reason. When she saw my SIL post about his passing, she immediately posted one as well. Spent the rest of the evening counting how many people had commented and/or responded to her post as well as comparing it to SIL post. When the count went well over 500 comments for my SIL's post, my sister actually asked me He didn't really know all those people, did he? I told her to remember he had been a government employee, a substitute teacher, a college professor, an election campaign manager, coached & helped in innumerable basketball conferences & camps, and was very active in his church & community so he had touched many, many lives. He made an impression on each and every person he met. Everyone loved him and he was a role model to many. He was a good man.

The funeral is Saturday and I know I will have to serve as my sister's "handler" while there as well.

I came into work today to get some silence and alone time. No one is here because of Columbus Day.

I have not been tracking. I have been cooking comfort foods. I have been doing a lot of stress eating. I refuse to get on a scale right now. I hope to get back "on the wagon" once my sister has flown home.

Kathryn - so sorry for loss of your bother. So thankful it was peaceful and you were prepared. So unfortunate that you have to miss things, due to Sister. I have family like that as well... remember the good things and know that he is at peace.
    Huge hugs and happy thoughts to you...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy - Congrats on setting wedding date!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Missy- It didnt sink in that you had set a wedding date - I read flexible and kept going.... Gives you a point to start things.

Fires in Bay Area are bringing us smoke. Didnt realize they were urban fires until I saw pictures in the paper today. Add an earthquake (small) yesterday and people are quite rattled even here.

Dinner is up for grabs but that is why I bought things over the weekend that are either quick or easy.

Lana - Tree?? or is that tomorrow/Thursday?

Off to save oatmeal. Wave to all who follow.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - It is not raining today, yet, so tree should start today. Power will get turned off, so no internet except through phone, but want to conserve phone battery.

I have a cousin who lives in Petaluma; her daughter lives somewhere north of that--Ukiah?, and she had to evacuate. She sent out a photo from her front door and you could see huge red/yellow flames in the near distance. Residential neighborhood. Good grief!

This 2017 has been a heck of a year.

Hugs to all of you~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

The weekend went okay. The scale sat at 160.0 all weekend but I'm guessing it would be up today. Very carb-craving. Pretty sure it is PMS.

My doctor appt went well last week (can't remember if I posted that.) Hip joint looks good. I go for an MRI on Thursday morning with a possible steroid injection if the MRI doctor thinks it is warranted. I'm kind of nervous about that. But then again, my back has been pretty achy this week, so ready to see if it would help.

I'm excited - and scared - to share that we "may" have found a house! A house popped up online in an area of town we had not been thinking about. When I looked into it more, I realized it is in the right area of town yet for my daughter's junior high and high school. I would have to drive my youngest son to his elementary school as I would not allow him to attend the one nearest to this house (should we buy it.) But I'd be driving to work, anyway, so it would work out okay. It is right on the edge of town and it would mean I'd have to be up earlier and out the door earlier. I wouldn't be able to drive home for lunch. But it's a big, beautiful house and yard. (Honestly, it's probably too big for us.) We went and saw it with our realtor last night. It seemed like the price would be too much but we learned today that the sellers are very motivated. They were transferred and the house has been on the market for 4 months. She told us we might be able to offer them less than they paid for it 2 years ago! We do not have enough furniture to fill the place, so we would have to budget and save for additional pieces to fill it up and make it our own. The back yard butts up against a nature preserve and we were greeted by 6 or 7 deer grazing in the backyard when we got there.

My husband went by today to check out a couple of things and spoke with a neighbor. The neighborhood is mostly older people, although there is a younger family directly across the cul-de-sac with a 4 year old. Our kids are 7, 14, and 19. We're a little worried about moving our youngest son away from his friend down the street - but we are excited to think of getting away from our drug-dealing neighbor and his screaming girlfriend. We had more excitement last week with her - 3 squads and an ambulance. Grrr. And the owner of that house (the father of the 40 year old drug dealer) says that we are part of the problem because we "stalk" the son and his girlfriend. Excuse me? It's not stalking when they stand out in the driveway and scream expletives at each other!

Anyway, the neighbor he talked with seemed really nice and seemed excited to have a teacher as a neighbor! :)

We are waiting to learn a little more about the covenants for the neighborhood before we make a decision about offering. I have to be able to put up Christmas lights! :)

Is it bad that I feel like it might be "too nice" for us? I'm weird that way. Worried that others will think I'm being "too fancy."

Of course, this would mean we would have to offer contingent on the sale of our house. We'd have to work like crazy this weekend to get our house ready for pictures and to go on the market. I think we would move all of the storage stuff out of the unfinished part of our basement - plus a lot of stuff out of closets and the garage. And then do the deep cleaning. We'd probably pull some all-nighters.

I'd better scoot. More soon.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Annie hope your house possibilities work out.

Calories left for today but I think the 4 chips I ate just took them...... oh well.

Eye appointment tomorrow for new glasses. Well overdue so just suck it up and go.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - woo hoo on house possibility! Super exciting! Getting away from crazy neighbors is definitely a plus! Keep us posted!

PS: Not being able to put up Christmas lights would be a real deal breaker for me! Hehe
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Annie---good luck with the house!

Sara--I hope you find new glasses you like. Please get a new pair for me too, ok?

Nighty-night--

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, thinking about you and your loss. Your brother sounds like a special person who touched so many lives. I hope that and your own memories of him bring you comfort while you mourn his loss.

Best,
    Tess
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lana, how exciting you and your sister will be meeting up in DC. Rumor has it that the heat-humidity we’ve been experiencing is supposed to break tomorrow so you should have nice autumn weather by the time you arrive. It sounds like you have a great itinerary set up but let me know if you need any suggestions or have questions.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Glad for chance to get new glasses, will get bifocals again - just easier in more situations. I take glasses off for the computer - I hope to get there a little early to look at frames.

Air quality stinks from fire smoke but the paper says its "okay" - paper is often incorrect on weather. Lana - I hope you hear from your relatives- Ukiah is often hit with fires so I hope they are safe.

Kathryn, thinking of you and your family, it is a "one day at a time" situation. Hang in there.

Bought a crockpot cookbook - not real thrilled about it, but at least its not a mass of papers which is my current method.

Oatmeal almost done and I need to scoot. Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • snowyjr1
    snowyjr1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Help. Long story to tell. Need to loose almost 150. Life threatening. Would like a motivational friend to compare challenges and progress frequently. Prefer another guy to relate to about the male challenges. Message me and thank you.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just stopping by, I haven't forgotten about you guys. Work is crazy busy!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll drop by later :*:*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Eye exam went well, they took my blood pressure and I have not had that low of number at a dr office of any kind in years!! Take it and run......NSV

Cannot find example of eyeglasses I selected online but they are a burgundy color and large enough to fit bifocals easily - Lana this dr had loads of options so when you come visit ....... and I didnt spend as much as I feared.

One of my to do list things done - and had a couple pieces of chocolate - the assistant and I have the same bday and she asked me what I was planning on doing - I said I was making/knitting myself a poncho and I make sure I get a piece of birthday cake. Otherwise at this point I have no clue.

Need to make dinner. Yippee! Wishing all a good night.