Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- thank you so much for your order! I appreciate it! That puts me closer to my goal for Gpa's plaque... :)

Tess - thank you...the afternoon was much better, but still not good...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Each month since April, heartworm awareness month, we have had a Challenge... each month, we blew the Challenge away...our Rep, wanted to reward us by bringing lunch one day and "stocking" our break room with snacks. We are still undecided on lunch and Mgr is on vacation. Today, she brought snacks. I will admit, I said "chocolate" but, she brought mostly crackers, some cheese, cashews, 2 bags of M&M's and a box with 18 full size candy bars and a box with individual bags of trail mix. I immediately thought I'd snack on trail mix, until I read Nutrition panel...I ate very few M&M's and cashews...I grabbed 1 Snickers, to snack on for a couple days...I know, they will go fast...I am being very conscious of serving size and, Nutrition...I will not let myself go overboard.. hopefully, others will eat everything fairly quick and I won't be tempted... today was just a chocolate day... still didn't go over allotted servings, didn't even open Snickers, yet...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

First day in a week when I can open the windows and let outside air in. Dog and I both stood outside last night on the grass and appreciated the light wind. I think I am looking forward to my after dinner walk most of all.

Pita bread pizza for dinners, along with frozen things in freezer. Will buy mushrooms to saute for pizza (ever look on sodium on canned vegetables?) and also make omelets with mushrooms and cheese. I have found a brand of tomato sauce that adds no extra salt and is 400mg less per serving. Not the stuff of the Food Network, but also not too taxing on the brain.

We all should give ourselves credit this week. A stressful crazy week and while we may have dipped into foods and amounts we normally dont, we were aware that it was unusual or we didnt blindly eat 2 Snickers bars (so easy to do >:) ) and wonder where they went. We also know that today will be a better food day or exercise is possible to combat the onslaught of food.

Dog is fed. Will look for more sleep. BBL.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good Morning/Happy Saturday, all!

Sounds like some had a rough last few days! I hope you can wake up fresh and start over and are feeling better. We all have those! The important thing is that we keep trying. :)

Woke up and weighed this morning. I've lost another 2 lbs. Since starting over, I am now at an 8 lb loss, which is the most I've had in YEARS. Think this intermittent fasting is helping me keep calories and snacking in control. I've even been able to go out a few times this week and even have a beer here and there. Moderation! Who knew I could do that, lol.

One yummy new thing I ate this week was pasta made from red lentils! I also had some fresh basil from my plant, so I ended up making this super simple pesto pasta with ground turkey and kale. It was so simple, quick, and delicious... ended up having enough for leftovers for a few of my lunches and I really enjoyed it. I'll have to do that again.

Husband surprised me with a bit of a spa day today - swedish massage, custom facial, and a manicure. Really excited for that!

Drinking my coffee now and watching the dogs play. I'll check back later! Hope everyone has a great day.

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Eryn, congrats on the recent 2 lbs and total 8 lbs lost! Thunderous applause for you - and enjoy that spa day.

Housecleaning and errands on the agenda for today. Hopefully a walk or some other exercise later. Dinner tonight for one of my friends having a birthday.

Discovered that a couple of my favorite local micro-breweries will pour 10 oz beers in addition to the usual pints. The smaller beer size has a good impact on my calorie tracking!

BBL,

Tess
  • ErynVee
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Eryn, congrats on the recent 2 lbs and total 8 lbs lost! Thunderous applause for you - and enjoy that spa day.

Housecleaning and errands on the agenda for today. Hopefully a walk or some other exercise later. Dinner tonight for one of my friends having a birthday.

Discovered that a couple of my favorite local micro-breweries will pour 10 oz beers in addition to the usual pints. The smaller beer size has a good impact on my calorie tracking!

BBL,

Tess

Thank you, I surely will!!

And that's a good point about the local micro-breweries! I didn't think of that. I love a good craft beer and we have at least 30 breweries here in Charleston. Going for a 10 oz pour instead of the 16 is a reaaaally good idea. :)
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

We all should give ourselves credit this week. A stressful crazy week and while we may have dipped into foods and amounts we normally dont, we were aware that it was unusual or we didnt blindly eat 2 Snickers bars (so easy to do >:) ) and wonder where they went. We also know that today will be a better food day or exercise is possible to combat the onslaught of food.

Very well put Sara~~

Kathryn - Holy Moly what a horrid day. To have your testing explode is one thing, but to have the added insult and stress of the bed bug would have pushed me over the top. *shiver* I fear bed bugs like the plague, being a half-resident of NYC.
    I SO hope you have a good weekend.

Dawn - So sorry to hear about the day at your clinic. I hope that you can forget about it today and tomorrow, and relax and rejuvenate.

Waving to Tess and Missy and Eryn and Saltine and Tracy and Tracey and all who stop by for a peek later on.

*ringing bell for a Cabana Boy for a foot massage*

Lana

238.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Haven’t got much to say, but thought I would at least say hi!

Going to an antique store today with my youngest. Then spending time with the hubby.

If weather and smoke permit will go for a walk later.

Tracey
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I made my trip to the Farmer's Market and got my butternut and acorn squash. Then to the grocery for my chicken. Also have green beans to be cooked with potatoes and onions. Think I'm set for the week.

Hoping everyone has a relaxing weekend!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Was really nice to walk again after dinner. Will be better air until end of this coming week. Just hoping the firefighters can get a handle on the two big fires.

Hamburger salads and pita bread pizza this week for meals/add a couple frozen meals and with any luck a nourish bowl and pieces of fruit. Not interested in trying anything new, just dont have the extra energy.

Window is open and enjoying the cooler air.

Not too much on my to do list today which is a nice change. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello everybody~~

Just a quick check in. Not feeling great today. Tomorrow is another day--hopefully my energy will return to me!

Hope that everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Lana

239.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - hope you feel better soon!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - good book, favorite music, hot water bottle/heating pad? Curl up in comfy clothes/best blanket and call it a night. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Hope you’re feeling better Lana. I feel I wasted my whole weekend. We didn’t do anything at all. Today I woke up at 7 fell back to sleep until 9, then at noon took a 4 hour nap! I never nap.
    The temperature dropped 25 degrees from Friday evening until this morning, I had to turn the furnace on to kill some of the damp.
    Hubby has watched shows all day that I’m not interested in, need to consider a second to again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight up 1 pound, but those 2 pints of Gelato may have something to do about it..... enjoyed them and extra fruit in the house this week.

Air quality is better so after dinner walk is on again.

Stinky that is is Monday but as I am not independently weathly, got to do it. Supervisor will be back after a week off of personal items and this computer software conference. Putting on plastic smile just to be safe.

QOTD; How are you dealing with Monday today? Extra water, extra walks to bathroom and breathe deeply.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday
  • ErynVee
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better Lana!
    Sounds like a good farmers market haul, @Twiley510

I came down with a summer cold on Saturday and have been feeling under the weather since. Started feeling crappy during my lovely spa appointment, but still enjoyed it. Took off work today to get more rest.

Did NOT eat well last night, but I'll make up for that today. Can't let my 2 lb loss (now at 182.6) go to waste!

Hope everyone has an OK Monday...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

AOTD: I am looking at my Monday as a day to get more organized, if only in my thinking. I am retired, so I had once made myself a little stack of index cards that represent the things I want to accomplish each day. Sort of like a list of "duties". They are cards, not a list on one piece of paper, to accommodate other outside annoyances such as doctors appointments. I just shuffle the cards around if I need to .

Well I hadn't used them in a while, so my AOTD is to get back to using them. One of the cards is called "food prep and planning". --to remind me to cut up the cauliflower or snap off the bottoms of the asparagus. I can get lazy i that prep is left for dinnertime. I can be very LAZY and often lose motivation and energy.

Eryn - I hope that you feel better soon.

Tracy - It is great to have a meal figured out in advance!

Sara - You look marvelous with your plastic smile!
    A guy I worked with had a sense of humor, and before we started a particularly difficult show, he found a big box of those old-fashioned red wax lips from a penny candy store, and he handed them out to all of us. Once every couple of days, we would put these red wax lips on and wear them as we were bringing in the scenery and lighting equipment. The teamsters thought we had lost our minds!!!
    So Sara - I'm wishing you a good day in the office today.

Dawn - I hope that you have a fresh start at your clinic this week, and that all of the fur babies that come in get to go out in better shape.

Waving to Tess and Kathryn and Missy and Saltine and Tracey up in Alberta.

Lana

239.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I have misplaced one of my brown sweaters, I put call into apartment office in case I left it there while I was watching soccer - I may not have to buy one which saves $$ if it is there. The prospect of a new colored sweater is also appealing.

Timer went off, off we go - high ho high ho its off to work we go!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I hope you find your sweater.

Lana