Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF we made it through another week.

Making the egg muffins and zucchini enchiladas this weekend.

Boss was supposed to be gone last week, that week has become 2 and we just roll our eyes. Wouldnt be so bad, but she expects us to be "buddies" with her and the other people in the group. I am thinking when the new manager gets in place things might change. Depends on who the new manager is........

That's right !! It's Friday.....windows are open here again and the snoring neighbor is at it again. New neighbor left and as she was very rude I wont miss her, she had a cute dog though. One thing about apartments, is that nobody is here long.

Oatmeal is ready. Wave to all who follow. Lurking as it is Friday.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!!

So glad the weekend is here, not going to lie! Been lurking all week as it's been a busy one.

I've had a so-so eating week. My goal this weekend is to just take good care of myself - get back on track with meals, intermittent fasting goals, etc.

The egg muffins and zucchini enchiladas sound delicious!! I need to do some food prep this weekend to make next week easier. Need to browse some recipes and get some ideas.

:)
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    8 hours until vacation starts...it’s been a long summer and I need some distance from the office!

I’ve been much better this week on my eating, thanks to the inspiration found here. Whether or not it shows up in the scale remains to be seen (WI is only once a week). That doesn’t matter so much - just wanted to feel better before heading into a vacation week where my eating habits will be different than normal.

Happy Friday to all. BBL.

Tess, in sweltering DC
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!

I've been lurking all week. Stayed on plan for breakfasts and lunches. Suppers have been a bit iffy. But since it's my first week trying to get back in the swing, it has not been too bad. Numbers have been up and down, however, the trend is down. Even though it has been a stressful week, I only allowed myself one Snickers meltdown. So, Farmer's Market tomorrow for fresh goodies and healthy shopping for staples.

I'll be keeping my hands busy Saturday (and possibly Sunday) measuring and cutting reed for basket kits. Sunday--Sharknado Marathon!!!

Wishing everyone a relaxed, happy weekend!

Today 213.6
    December goal 195
    Goal 115
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Good morning All~

Tess, enjoy your vacation and getting away from the "sweltering".

It is indeed going to be sweltering this weekend. Last night my air conditioning system in the house decided to have problems, and it is very warm in the house. I must stick with this one company for repair, and they can't send anyone until Monday morning. I may have to sleep in the swimming pool. LOL

Eryn - food prep is so important. Take good care of yourself this weekend. Consider it to be your "spa" weekend.

Dawn - Your Bostons leggings are cute!!! Thanks for posting them, and thanks for the doggie advice about finding a shelter and just go visiting the pups.

Sara - Very strange about your boss being gone so much. Is she having health problems, other personal problems, or is she just taking her earned days off? Time will tell, I guess.
    Sorry about that snoring neighbor. Anonymously tape an article about CPAPs on their door, or would it be obvious it would be you?....

Waving to everyone who stops by later on.
    *tossing hat and sunglasses and towels onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

239.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all as well.
    First week back in the swing and I did pretty well. Tend to when I first commit. Long haul is a different story.

Dawn - I too love your leggings. Friend of mine raises Bostons. He lets me visit the puppies <3
    Twiley - Sharknado marathon. I was just reading about how the last one has been made - 6?!?! wow. Maybe I will have to try them again.
    Lana and Sara - tape a CPAP article on the door - that is great!

Now - the challenge - make it through the weekend. Local family puts on a huge wine tasting benefit with a ton of food and all proceeds go to one or two kids having health issues. I am a amateur wine maker so I bring some as do many others- like there are probably close to 50 wines one can taste that night!!!! So a night of drinking and excess food. My goal is to temper it the rest of the weekend. Try very hard to stick to fruit and veggies and very few calories.
    Have a great one!
    Lynn in WI
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Happy Friday, everyone!

I've been lurking all week. Stayed on plan for breakfasts and lunches. Suppers have been a bit iffy. But since it's my first week trying to get back in the swing, it has not been too bad. Numbers have been up and down, however, the trend is down. Even though it has been a stressful week, I only allowed myself one Snickers meltdown. So, Farmer's Market tomorrow for fresh goodies and healthy shopping for staples.

I'll be keeping my hands busy Saturday (and possibly Sunday) measuring and cutting reed for basket kits. Sunday--Sharknado Marathon!!!

Wishing everyone a relaxed, happy weekend!

Today 213.6
    December goal 195
    Goal 115

Oh your mention of reeds and baskets brought back some sweet memories of a very special lady in my life. Do you dye your reeds too? What kind of baskets are you making? I have three baskets that she made for me and I treasure every one of them.
  • Twiley510
    Options
    [

Oh your mention of reeds and baskets brought back some sweet memories of a very special lady in my life. Do you dye your reeds too? What kind of baskets are you making? I have three baskets that she made for me and I treasure every one of them.[/quote]

Sometimes, I dye my own reed, but scheduling did not allow me this time. I bought some pre-dyed reed for accent. I prefer natural color reed myself because it ages to a beautiful honey color on it's own. However, I am working on my first "sale" ever and the customer is requesting some baskets with color.

I am making some small muffin baskets and a couple of miniature market baskets to be used by a beekeeper. He will be putting his jars of honey in them along with biscuit mixes and honey dippers for gift baskets. I'll post some pics in mid-September if you would like.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Stopping through......

Waves to Tracy (sorry I missed you earlier) and Lynn and Tracey~~

It's time to put the feet up, no?

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    [

Oh your mention of reeds and baskets brought back some sweet memories of a very special lady in my life. Do you dye your reeds too? What kind of baskets are you making? I have three baskets that she made for me and I treasure every one of them.

Sometimes, I dye my own reed, but scheduling did not allow me this time. I bought some pre-dyed reed for accent. I prefer natural color reed myself because it ages to a beautiful honey color on it's own. However, I am working on my first "sale" ever and the customer is requesting some baskets with color.

I am making some small muffin baskets and a couple of miniature market baskets to be used by a beekeeper. He will be putting his jars of honey in them along with biscuit mixes and honey dippers for gift baskets. I'll post some pics in mid-September if you would like.
    [/quote]

That is awesome. My most cherished basket is what she called a "Two pie" basket it is rounded on both ends with a handle so you could carry two pies. It is really deep, probably about 8 inches or so. I use it to store some of my throw blankets.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Not much on tap today after errands, so a good nap will be appreciated.

Dog is up and fed and we have had our meds. Spilled dog's fish oil on me. Not a good way to start the day, but need to do laundry anyway....hoping for more sleep.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Gloomy Saturday here.....both me and the weather. Need to eat, perk up, and get some exercise. I have seen some good numbers this week on the scale, but lost them with eating too much/processed, salty foods.

Sara - I hope that you get your cherished naps in this weekend!

Waves to everyone else.

*tossing beach bag and trashy novel onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

239.8 today *sob*
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Checking in to say hi everyone.

I had a terrible eating day yesterday, going to clean and do lots today to get things back on track.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

OK, so I took 4 chicken cutlets out of the freezer for the weekend for the dinners. It's a start.

Maybe a black bean, tomato, corn, onion, broccoli salad tossed together for a light lunch with milk?

Cheerios or raisin bran and milk for breakfasts or snacks.....

I have some fruit for snacks and sweet tooth.....

OK, so it's basically in place. I need to do this planning in the morning --including cooking that chicken--or else when dinnertime rolls around, I would punt and eat something not good for me.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/loaded-baked-omelet-muffins/ -- they take a long time to cool off to put in fridge/freezer.

will make this one again, doubled the recipe made 11 - took 16 eggs but they were medium sized not large like the recipe.

Black bean burger for dinner, salad bag (greens) on tomorrow's shopping list for black bean burger salad. Tomorrow I make zucchini enchiladas and that is it for me cooking wise. Dishwashing after dinner and laundry is drying outside as I write.

I doubled recipe because one of the guys I watch soccer with suggested I feed them tomorrow morning. If it gets them to cook for themselves after this, it might be worth it.

Setting alarm for time on recliner with dog, she will sleep, I might.

Will be on comfy couch with Lana later
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible serial starter and am starting again. Stress has gotten the best of me and I have gained almost 15 pounds in a few months. so—-enough of that. I just logged my food in for the first time in a long time and I have eaten almost twice what I should have and am totally surprised. Awareness is crucial for me. I look forward to learning about everyone in this group.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dim4mom - awareness is a wonderful first step back. We know we do these things, but admitting them is sometimes too much. Welcome and stop by when you get a chance.

Not a long to do list (did most of it yesterday). But groceries is a must. I used to shop only in one place and found it too $$$.

Lana - a plan is better than none and your sounds pretty good. I spent yesterday in a hot kitchen with the oven on. I dont recommend it but sometimes it must be done.

Okay oatmeal is up and ready. Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome to dlm4mom !!!

Good morning to all~~

Well, I have gotten nowhere this week. So much stress and loneliness does have its effect on what I put in my mouth. Soldiering on....

Lana

239.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Look what I found in my pattern book!

mcjymzt5a27s.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2018
    Options

Yay Tracy (Twiley) and Tracey (Snowflake) !!