Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Look what I found in my pattern book!

mcjymzt5a27s.jpg

That’s awesome, here is a picture of mine. Its lost some of its shape over the years. I’ve thought of soaking it to reshape it but I’m scared I’ll break it so I leave it as is. yf7ff6pdypo2.jpeg
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

[/quote]

That’s awesome, here is a picture of mine. Its lost some of its shape over the years. I’ve thought of soaking it to reshape it but I’m scared I’ll break it so I leave it as is.
    [/quote]

Either way, it's beautiful! Do take it outside and mist it with a spray bottle, then let it dry in the sun to keep it from becoming too brittle.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »

That’s awesome, here is a picture of mine. Its lost some of its shape over the years. I’ve thought of soaking it to reshape it but I’m scared I’ll break it so I leave it as is.
    [/quote]

Either way, it's beautiful! Do take it outside and mist it with a spray bottle, then let it dry in the sun to keep it from becoming too brittle.
    [/quote]

[quote="Twiley510;c-

Oh thank you for the tip. I never would have thought of that
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Love baskets! I don't know what it is about them, but I absolutely love them!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wow - Sara !!

I just LOVE the first one - it is SO TRUE! I guess people keep scales in the bathroom because it makes it easy to weigh with no clothes on first thing in the morning [ well, second thing ;) ]. Maybe I should print up an image of a scale and tape it to the refrigerator? 😜

Hugs,
    Lana

238.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello serial starter here🙋🏻‍♀️ busy mum of one from the UK
    I’ve tried so many different diets, think I usually last about 3 weeks tops. Even logging on here I give up. Would like to discover what’s stopping me! So here we go again....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight down 1 pound - those not in the know medication made me gain 10 pounds in the last 3 months and to see the scale come down and my feet less swollen I am thrilled. On new meds with whole different list of cautions, but I had to do something about my feet.

Betharose- welcome. I was eating Ginger Stem biscuits last night and love a good "cuppa tea". Stop by when you can. Usually weight success is undoing a whole string of bad behaviors and finding better habits to replace them with and dealing with stress better. Easier said than done, but start with an easy habit to adopt.

I was listening to women's heart issues on Sunday morning radio, we have a walk coming up, and many of the suggestions she spoke of are ones I heard in WW and one I need to adopt again - eating out get the to go box with meal to eat part of it later in day.

Back to the salt mine, bleh. Earphones may just have to be. Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Happy Monday, friends!

Congrats on you loss, @Tilliesmommy1!

Welcome, @betharose7!

I love a good cuppa tea as well. Drinking tea (and lately kombucha and la croix) has been a new sort of "treat" for me and a nice way to relax. I'm used to having something in the evenings as a bit of a treat, but in the past it's been unhealthy snacks or a beer or two. I've been replacing that with these teas, etc and it works out well. Something about enjoying a cup of tea is so relaxing, too!

Hoping to get better control of eating this week. I brought two days of lunches with me today for today and tomorrow and am planning out some leftovers for the rest of the week. We got some tuna steaks at the store last week so we are going to have those tonight with some broccolini. Should be pretty yummy!

Also going to focus on getting more sleep! Had a busy, but productive weekend working on house projects. Feel productive but tired... like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend, LOL!

I'll be lurking today. I'll try to check in more often. A nosey coworker is out this week so I think that'll be easier for me to do. :) Have a great, healthy day, everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome Betharose - please join our little group here. Just checking in to say hello can help keep you aware....Sara has some really good words about how to make it work for you.

Sara - I am so glad to hear about your weigh in. We know you've been concerned about the swelling in your ankles/feet. It's great that your meds got adjusted. Onward!!

Eryn - You've made some good changes! Definitely try to improve your sleep. It's so hard to be on program when you're dragging.... I know.

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Love baskets! I don't know what it is about them, but I absolutely love them!

I do too, I wish I had room for more LOL
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Monday morning. Gloomy here in WI, so I guess being back to work is ok. Had a good busy weekend. We put up an outside dog kennel so my puppy can go in there during longer stretches when all in the household work. Some muscle work involved so that is good. End of summer cold or allergies kind of has me down, but drinking tea to stem that off. Planning a good week of eating!

I LOVE the baskets. Very jealous of that talent!
    Welcome Betharose and dlm4mom. Seems we are in the same boat.
    Congrats on weight loss Tilliesmom!
    Have a great day - I too will be lurking while working (:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It took me awhile, Lana - what were you doing awake at such an early hour?? Sleeping Sunday nights are not easy - anticipation of a new work week does not inspire sweet dreams.

At work suction earphones just went on as 1) I am sleepy and 2) the chatterboxes over the wall are too loud.

dllp2zxgaudd.png

Put another painted rock out in the parking lot, lets see how long it takes to get picked up.

l72nsl70c2h8.png

okay have to get back to it.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well, after all the drama of the mis-scheduled tests, I was able to get them done last Thursday. Neurologist called almost as soon as they were done and told me to come into the office immediately. Tests showed "an acute ischemic stroke in the right cerebellum" That made me feel like I had just been t-boned at a stoplight. I don't have any of the indicators - I just turned 50, my blood pressure has always been on the low end, cholesterol low, etc. So now a battery of more tests to figure out why this happened.

After yet another test scheduling mishap - I was able to get a carotid ultrasound & bloodwork this morning, will have electrocardiogram tomorrow morning. So far, I am now taking low dose aspirin and am supposed to take my blood pressure daily. Does anyone here monitor their blood pressure and, if so, what kind of monitor do you use? There are a ton to choose from and I have no clue.

After spending the weekend getting over the initial shock, I need to get back in the swing of things. Time for me to quit monkeying around and get back on track with logging and eating right, for sure!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn - you phrased it right / That made me feel like I had just been t-boned at a stoplight. - struck by lightning would also work. Good news you caught it soon afterwards. Medication may be a possibility.

I take my bp once a week keep a notebook to list/ day time of day all 3 numbers (pulse is #3). They will tell you how often you need to. Get a bp machine that has a cloth wrap that can be adjusted. Some are like a "toilet paper rolls" and are uncomfortable. Dropping them also breaks them. Mine is cvs brand and my third - broke the other 2.... ( use any coupons you can as those things are pricey regardless). BP is only one indicator for these things. Look for any family history- Find something to comfort yourself as you go through all these tests. Too scary to leave ice cream out of the grocery cart.

Low flying birds in the area - will stop by later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Tracey, Hi Lynn~~

It is 2PM, and I am exhausted! AC repair this morning found bad valve problem. They have to come back on Wednesday. I will be sleeping with ice packs around me and two fans going. Ugh.

I put in a requisition for a pair of Cabana Boys to help with the ice :blush:

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    ** cboys bring a pick up truck full of ice so Lana can cool off
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lana - look up red neck air conditioner. My sister made one recently when she was tent camping lol. Maybe you can fashion one up for a big. Not having AC in heat is draining. Sorry for you. Best wishes for a quick repair.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hey Lana I looked up what the homemade a/c looks like, definitely a good thing for small spaces
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    juencezdoor0.png

>:)