Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Up at night with pit stops start new bp meds this morning.

Air still stinky but they say it might improve tomorrow.

Food choices are based on what I think I "deserve", so need to get a little better today.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Now that I am a crusty old F@rt, I often wonder if stuff such as "oh we were having technical problems" is just a blurb to cover the fact that they dropped the ball and didn't call in the prescription.
    Good luck with those new meds; I hope they agree with you and get the job done!

OH - I hear banging in my driveway. That means it's time to go out and greet The Roofers.....

to be continued.....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

......ugh

I'd better hurry up and plan out my food day at least on paper, so that the banging and craziness of having the roof replaced doesn't send me to the drinks and junk food.

A light bulb just went off in my head: Why not try to make some gazpacho? Summertime soup that is weight loss friendly?

Lana

238.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I logged my day into MFP Diary. It's not that hard. Why do I slack off from doing it?

Lazy Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I log my food as I go for the day. I am not a pre-planner at all. We are a "what do you feel like" couple when it comes to supper. I have learned to have light lunches to save room for what might be a calorie dense supper. If I don't have calories to spare I will make myself something different than what my hubby is having.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Up at night with pit stops start new bp meds this morning.

Air still stinky but they say it might improve tomorrow.

Food choices are based on what I think I "deserve", so need to get a little better today.

Wave to all who follow.

Where are you located for stinky air? I am dealing with the same thing this week here in Edmonton, AB
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    tracey stinky air is air pollution and fire smoke, I am in CA
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »

I have not had this personally, but have witnessed a friend suffer for years. Turns out she had PCOS and that was causing most of the weight issues. Once that was treated she has lost over 80 pounds.

Snowflake - what did they do to treat her for PCOS? I have that condition as well, but have been told only "watch what you eat" to prevent insulin resistance. I did hormone therapy for a very short time but since it made me very ill and my weight skyrocketed, I had to quit. I am very interested in what kind of treatments she received that allowed her to lose that weight!

Also be sure to contact Dawn (arniedog74) for anything Scentsy!!

Thank you so much!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    tracey stinky air is air pollution and fire smoke, I am in CA

I assumed it was fire smoke, we are getting the same thing yesterday and most of this morning. It has cleared a bit this afternoon. It's an awful smell, yesterday I had a headache and a sore throat from breathing it in.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

I have not had this personally, but have witnessed a friend suffer for years. Turns out she had PCOS and that was causing most of the weight issues. Once that was treated she has lost over 80 pounds.

Snowflake - what did they do to treat her for PCOS? I have that condition as well, but have been told only "watch what you eat" to prevent insulin resistance. I did hormone therapy for a very short time but since it made me very ill and my weight skyrocketed, I had to quit. I am very interested in what kind of treatments she received that allowed her to lose that weight!

I will ask her about medications, I do know that she has worked very hard with diet and exercise as well.

I talked to my friend, the only thing they did for her prescription wise was put her back on birth control that helped regulate her TOM. She said the weight loss was a lot of determination on her part. She is very strict with her meals, eats "clean" 90% of the time and exercises like crazy. She is 46 and recently divorced. Finding someone else has been a big motivator for her. I personally couldn't follow her diet and exercise routine. She will do juices for weeks at a time and she goes to the gym probably 2 hours a day at least 3-4 times a week.

Sorry I didn't have an easy solution for you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF! Weather here yesterday and today will be 100 and it makes for the worst sauna ever. Our summers usually have low humidity.

Trying to think about next week's meals. Got some ideas - what is anyone else making?

Did not sleep to well last night, so hoping for a little more rest before dog walk.

Lurking at work. Supervisors at computer conference since Wednesday and it may be a day for earphones.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We looked at the sale papers yesterday, so chicken will be my protein next week ($.59 per pound--whole chicken). Tomorrow's trip to the Farmer's Market should yield yummy squashes, potatoes, and possibly eggplant. My oven will be fully utilized this weekend.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Yesterday I was all planned out, but had terrible mood swings, and ended up eating off plan big time.
    Starting fresh again today. The combination of DH stuff and having roofers here 12 hours yesterday and again today have *kittened* with my poor little brain.

I will be on the lounge chair in the far corner today. I hope that the Cabana Boys have something soothing in store for Happy Hour. TGIF!

Lana

240.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    That’s the spirit, Lana! Each day is an opportunity to try again. I love that approach.

Are you still at home while the roofers are working? We had our roof done a couple years ago and I fled within the first 15 minutes!

Waves to all - running back to work. Happy Friday!

Tess, in sunny and humid DC
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Extremely frustrating day!!
    Drove an hour to hospital for MRI/CT Scan. (Already pre-registered over phone, even called them back with questions on blood tests.) The front desk sends me to Lab for bloodwork. Sign in at lab. After 10 minutes, lab asks me for the orders. I have none, all done on phone. She says there are no orders and no record of me in system, but they are on separate system than hospital. Sends me back to front desk. Front desk jovially tells me to "Go ask Herschel" at another desk. So I go talk to Herschel. Herschel cant find me in system. Then he asks if my appointment was for yesterday. Nope, cause I talked to the scheduling/pre-register people more than once, all confirmed date & time. He tells me to take a seat. Lady comes out about 15 minutes later and apologizes and says they can get me in for the MRI at 7pm (this is at roughly 8:40am) but I'd have to do CT scan another day. I apologize to her if I sound bitchy because its probably not her fault personally, but I took time off work and drove an hour one way to be told I am not in system even though I was pre-registered and I am a bit frustrated to say the least. She goes to get supervisor. Of course, supervisor cant do anything but call scheduling office and reschedule. However, I insisted on a different location. [While waiting to speak to supervisor, I found a bedbug crawling on the seat next to me! Alerted staff who simply crushed and flushed the critter and refused to acknowledge what it was.] Called DH to have a change of clothes ready for me & I changed in the garage as soon as I got home, sealed all clothing in ziploc bag.

Stress & frustration kicked in the emotional eating queues......
    Still trying to get good food choices and logging back into a daily habit. I had been doing so well for so long, then when I got sick, I just have never gotten back in the swing of things.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Extremely frustrating day!!
    Drove an hour to hospital for MRI/CT Scan. (Already pre-registered over phone, even called them back with questions on blood tests.) The front desk sends me to Lab for bloodwork. Sign in at lab. After 10 minutes, lab asks me for the orders. I have none, all done on phone. She says there are no orders and no record of me in system, but they are on separate system than hospital. Sends me back to front desk. Front desk jovially tells me to "Go ask Herschel" at another desk. So I go talk to Herschel. Herschel cant find me in system. Then he asks if my appointment was for yesterday. Nope, cause I talked to the scheduling/pre-register people more than once, all confirmed date & time. He tells me to take a seat. Lady comes out about 15 minutes later and apologizes and says they can get me in for the MRI at 7pm (this is at roughly 8:40am) but I'd have to do CT scan another day. I apologize to her if I sound bitchy because its probably not her fault personally, but I took time off work and drove an hour one way to be told I am not in system even though I was pre-registered and I am a bit frustrated to say the least. She goes to get supervisor. Of course, supervisor cant do anything but call scheduling office and reschedule. However, I insisted on a different location. [While waiting to speak to supervisor, I found a bedbug crawling on the seat next to me! Alerted staff who simply crushed and flushed the critter and refused to acknowledge what it was.] Called DH to have a change of clothes ready for me & I changed in the garage as soon as I got home, sealed all clothing in ziploc bag.

Stress & frustration kicked in the emotional eating queues......
    Still trying to get good food choices and logging back into a daily habit. I had been doing so well for so long, then when I got sick, I just have never gotten back in the swing of things.

What a terribly frustrating day! It would be hard to stay away from the emotional eating for sure.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - so sorry for all your troubles...I would not have been a happy girl, either... hope you can get it all figured out and taken care of...

Today has been one of the worst in my history at this clinic... started 8:30 this morning and still not over...I really, really just want to sit somewhere and cry and cry...I love my job... some days I just can't....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathyrn call today toast, I would eat what I want and make sure that "rule" changes tomorrow --

Leandro, massage table with oils to Kathryn please...Kathryn refresh your memory on the pin up picture of Leandro.....

Lunch time here, lurking later.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Better send Leandro over to Dawn with some Mai Tais....Dawn, sorry you’re having such a horrible day at work. Kathryn, what a nightmare - I’m so impressed you were civil despite your justified anger. Good luck with the tests.

Massages and drinks with tiny umbrellas by Lana’s pool for everyone. Nothing has calories tonight....

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay after today, there are couches to come sit on and relax at Lana's Cabana Bar.....

Dawn placed an order for Cozy Chai - and I got another cady from lady at work to clean up the mess on the table next to my recliner. Then I need to behave myself.

HOT here - someone in NY said the residue from the fires is already on the east coast. 100 here today - but tomorrow it will be much cooler with breezes.

If you hear snoring, its me. Laugh all you want, it doesnt bother me.