Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    breakfast ideas - hard boiled eggs and crackers? I LOVE them some don't. Or hummus with those eggs- I like hummus an everything pretty much.
    I agree on the overnight oatmeal. I live for that when I take the time to make it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here have problems getting breakfast in? I really only eat breakfast when I remember to make or buy something that I can bring to work.

I purposely don't eat breakfast most days. It helps me keep my calories in check throughout the day because I would prefer to snack in the evening. I do have breakfast every Sunday with my family and I will buy a McD's Egg Mcmuffin with no meat and a hash brown if I know I'm not going to be able to get a lunch in for whatever reason.
    I have never liked eating when I first wake up, even when I was a child.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My blood sugar dropped so low I almost couldn't get home to eat lunch. My problem is I get into a funk where I don't meal prep as much as I normally do or like to do. My depression doesn't have serious dips like some people do but it is enough that it impacts my "get up and go."

Egg muffins/mini frittatas are typical fare for me when I do prep properly, and a big plate of scrambled eggs with potatoes and veg for "brunch" on the weekends. And usually I bring an apple and a hard boiled egg as a snack.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My problem is I get into a funk where I don't meal prep as much as I normally do or like to do. My depression doesn't have serious dips like some people do but it is enough that it impacts my "get up and go."

I can totally relate to this one. It happens pretty often to me as well. Unfortunately, it becomes a vicious cycle. Get down, don't prep. Deeper depression because you aren't taking care of yourself as well as you should, so you don't prep. All you can do is take a deep breath, get some sunshine, relax and try again tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up, but make a plan for the times prep is not possible. You can do this.

• Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m almost over the hump with being hungry all the time, but the last two days have been really rough! 😖
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    did you know you could cook your sweet potatoes in the slow cooker?

https://www.skinnytaste.com/easiest-slow-cooker-sweet-potatoes/

Those could be added into your breakfasts to go (cubed or sliced - fried or whole)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 7154 included 2 sweeping leaves sessions today.

no rain storm tonight, hoping for better sleep.

Wishing all a good night.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - Hawaii is February 10th 2019!! About 10 weeks out 🤩 my goal is to be around 190 when I go, at 205 right now so slow and steady is my goal this time around. It’s clearly already more sustainable.

I’m so sorry about your sleep! Good sleep seems to be particularly elusive. I always feel like a real space cadet when I get anything less than 8 hours. Honestly my ideal is 12 hours LOL!

@marsellilove - I usually eat jimmy deans lean bowls with a side a fruit. 3 minutes in the microwave for a balanced meal full of protein! No egg yolks either which is great for my high cholesterol 🙃 I gotta eat breakfast or else I get real hangry!

Congrats @Twiley510 and @hickchic67 !

HI in February! The surf will be great still. Plus you will be able to find plenty of good sized shells. Nice thing about HI is everything goes. Last time I was there a lady probably 60 was wear a very shear swimsuit 🤪. You'll have a great time!
  • jtophinke
    Options
    My blood sugar dropped so low I almost couldn't get home to eat lunch. My problem is I get into a funk where I don't meal prep as much as I normally do or like to do. My depression doesn't have serious dips like some people do but it is enough that it impacts my "get up and go."

Egg muffins/mini frittatas are typical fare for me when I do prep properly, and a big plate of scrambled eggs with potatoes and veg for "brunch" on the weekends. And usually I bring an apple and a hard boiled egg as a snack.

I'm a steady 2 eggs scrambled 2 toast 8 oz 1% milk 8oz ok every morning but Sunday. Seems boring but it gets me from 6:30 to at least 11 without the need for a snack. Watch the low bs it can make you eat the whole wagon when you fall off.
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Day 4 no sweets! I've also got all my food logged in. Need to get some more steps in and possibly more sleep tonight. My daughter was up Monday night and last night waking me up. And Tuesday night my son's alarm went off twice. Starting to get me down 😴. Also down the 4lbs I gained over Thanksgiving!
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

We all made it to today. As Facebook says, you are strong because you have survived 100% of your worst days. We can do this!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

TGIF - get to have my monthly 1:1 today - considering all the changes and bad air this past month he can tell me whatever he needs to. It will go over my head.

Rain only a couple days in next week which will promote more walking.

Article online connecting snoring in women to a whole list of ailments- ultimately stop trying to be perfect and mega multi- task - give your body/mind time to wind down before you force sleep on it. Hmmmm that does not involve a pill or machine. I know people with machines and it is their only way, but if you are not there yet stop trying to be perfect and see if that helps.

Will go and purchase a mineral supplement as there is no fresh greens in stores - understand why so until it then pill it is - contradicts last paragraph, but unless I grow this stuff how else do I get my produce?

Oh it will be a kranky day unless I switch gears.

NSV someone gifted me 6 large pieces of hard toffee dipped in chocolate and I read the ingredients just to see how they flavored it - had an ingredient I might have had a reaction to, so I gifted it to coworker. Her teeth and her calories......scale says the same as it did on Monday so that is a good thing (not going up).

Essay queen has breakfast to eat and sleep to find. Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Goood morning! I am in a serious funk as well as being sick. I totally binged last night and couldn't get off the couch. And this was after therapy. I need to get off refined sugars again! I brought in a sleeve of my thin mints to share with everyone at work so I don't eat them all! The only reason I kept some is because my partner likes them frozen.

Is it just me or has it been harder to sleep in general over the past week or so? Dry air, early nightfall, to-do lists running in my head... It's been rough. It's also hard when you don't get much physical activity in (thank you very little, 30 degree weather). I need a home workout routine and soon!

^^ I completely relate. If I don't eat breakfast my blood sugar plummets and I get the shakes and dizziness. Skipping is not an option. Because I'm usually running out the door, I make myself pour a bowl of low-sugar cereal with a half cup of Fairlife milk (higher protein) and take a moment to eat it. Also the depression, totally there. I hit a major low for about two full years and I finally broke out earlier this year. Now the fear is letting myself get there again. I don't get huge short-term dips either, it's a cumulative effect over time. I have to keep myself in a routine for now or I'll slide.

On a happier note, YAYYYY FRIDAY! I hope we all have a good weekend and meet our fitness goals so we can feel good come Monday.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I gotta be accountable - I had some huevos rancheros at my sisters house after I had finished logging for the day.

Tomorrow is a fresh day and I’m already feeling back on track!

@Tilliesmommy1 - that is such a killer nsv! I hope that victory carries you through with a light heart today. Toffee and chocolate are definitely two weaknesses of mine!

Goal for today is to eat veggies to save calories for a nice dinner tonight.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Friday!

Geez. Thought I had posted in here but must not have hit Post reply, lol.

Have also had problems accessing the community boards on my phone the last day or so!

Have been doing well eating this week! Staying under calories, not snacking, and making better choices overall. Had blackened mahi mahi and steamed veggies for dinner last night.

So glad the weekend is about here. I’ve been exhausted all week! Ready for more relaxation

Post later!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    TGIF!
    TilliesMom- I agree great NSV! My hubby recently got a sleep apnea machine and when he wears it his snoring stops. So both of us sleep better! Sleep is vitally important to our health!
    Congrats to all who have been eating well this week and sticking to it!
    I plan on having lots of fruit today - in the form of wine after 4:30 (:
    Have a great one!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    10030 steps and I am feeling the difference.

Wishing all a good night
  • jtophinke
    Options
    @Hungry4Hawaii just take it one day at a time. As long as you are logging the good and the bad you are accountable. You can do this.