Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    6656 total steps

Grabbed heating element in oven, boy was I lucky I didnt burn myself..... I find that with the air quality and work assignment change last week I am very tired - will keep my kitchen prep to a minimum. With any luck I intend to do a 'normal' work week with the Supervisor on vacation make sure to touch the items he wants me to work on but not exclude other easier work. Really hoping that my workfile does not get worse with all the changes in the department coming up.

Okay enough of that mess. Got to give the dog sun time while lounging in my chair with me which was a nice change.

Weigh in and Monday tomorrow. Just drank 2 glasses of water, we shall see what we shall see.

Wishing all a good night.
  • cddiehl
    cddiehl Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve been feeling out of control and just need some help and support to get back on track. Hoping this is it!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight up but only 1.2 considering my 4 turkey dinners, 4 cookies, even more crackers- I am lucky indeed.

Welcome cddiehl and Hungry - this is an open board so stop by when you can.

Saw moon this morning, some clouds, just nice that it is a "normal" color again. Lana are you still in CA? Someone on FB posted pictures of SF from Marin county and glad to see it was all clear there too.

Walking in earnest can start again.

QOTD: What will you be focusing on to improve your health?

AOTD; 2 things getting serious about my water intake and sleeping better. I didnt realize how tired I was.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Tillies! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I’m focusing on practicing mindfulness to improve my health. Making choices (food specifically) in the moment rather than zoning out and hoping for the best in a week.

I like your “AOTD”! My AOTD would be walking either half way, or the whole way home from work! A 40 minute slight incline walk, but it always feels so initimadating.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello everyone!
    I browsed all the posts - been away for a week from this page. I see lots of great holiday times!
    went to CO and saw my oldest daughter. Was with her to pick out her wedding dress - had to fight back tears many times. She is so beautiful! :wink: Did lots of hiking and visiting. CO is great place for nature!
    Was back in time for thanksgiving. Focused on veggies, squash and some turkey. I can forgo sweets - would rather have the other stuff, so I did pretty well. Tried very hard to listen to my body queues - ate if I was hungry stopped when full, not over full. I would say I did pretty well. Over did some wine at times (: LOVE wine!
    It strikes me as Arniedog is stuggling with blizzard and our CA friends are starting to breath better from the smoke. - so much weather yuk! Sad we are getting to this point and getting worse if news is to be believed.
    anyway! on a brighter note - congrats to Tracey - 30lbs is so amazing!
    Wecome to Hungry4Hawaii and cdiehl.
    Lana - you are a jetsetter - traveling all over!
    AOTD - I am focusing on liking myself better - getting over the guilt of eating and how I look. Eating based on my bodies needs.
    Have a great Monday. I will be lurking and maybe snoozing at my desk all day long - :smiley:
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

AOTD: Walking and getting better sleep!

Sara - I am still here in CA; flying day is Wednesday to go back to North Carolina.

Busy day today......have to do paperwork. I do drag my finances/bills/stuff with me on long trips, so that I don't get behind.

Waves to all~~

*tossing beach bag, towel, and sarong onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

No scale here. Scary.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Lana! Are you on vacation? I’m in the PNW right now and am dreaming of sun!

I had a big lunch about two hours ago but I’m starting to get really hungry again! Not trying to eat until I get home but man it’s hard! No pain no gain though, Delaying gratification now will be better later!
  • Tanyasun115
    Tanyasun115 Posts: 20 Member
    I would like to join :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    AOTD - I need to be more consistent with exercise. I'm finding it hard to keep up with exercise and crafts for the shows.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Two days down! I put it on my vision board and it’s manifesting? Usually I can’t go more than 36 hours.....or maybe it’s all y’all here? Who know?! I’m ecstatic!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    9391 total steps and boy I am feeling the difference.

wishing all a good night.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Does anyone else dream about food oh lawd hahaha! I dreamt that I accidentally ate a handful of potato chips and some peppermint marshmallows my work sells. This too shall pass.

AOTD: spread my meals out a little differently so I’m not hangry in the afternoon. Say NO to pizza my work is bringing in!
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    9391 total steps and boy I am feeling the difference.

wishing all a good night.
    Work it! Amazing!
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    I would like to join :)
    Welcome welcome!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Morning all! I’m back!!

I was on vacation for the last 10 or so days. Just wanted to drop by and say hi! I’ll update more later! Hope you’re all doing well!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    TUESDAY

Good morning Hungry - you are also an early bird. My dog is older and requires pit stops more often at night. Also keeps both of us on a good meds schedule.

Sleep was "kitten" last night ( the censors on this website use "kitten" for unwanted words so we just help them out). I will ask a couple of people if Jury Duty and Traffic Tickets are done electronically - so many things are... I keep getting calls about "an important matter" but I am suspicious of it. Then I wondered how would I know if it was important?? So unless it is one of the above and including the above examples..... mail it to me.

Thank you Hungry for being Tanya's "welcome wagon" I was at work trying to crunch numbers..... bleh. I am taking an apple to work to keep the end of shift munchies away.

Wave to all who follow.

PS Eryn you posted as I was knitting. Remind me of where you went - sunny and warm?

oh crud - do we need at QOTD? okay

QOTD: What is your best/favorite fruit/vegetable snack? I am looking for options.

AOTD: At the moment bananas/apples.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    @tillie - early birds unite! I’m a baker for a living (oh lawd help me!) so I rise with the dough hahaha.

My favorite veggie snack is baby carrots with supreme spicy hummus. It really puts a nail in the salty creamy craving I get that I usually reach for cheese for. Glad to be the welcome wagon! I recently deleted my Facebook and I am definitely addicted to my phone so I’m browsing here like mad instead haha! Much better for the brain anyways, more positivity :)

I love that the site replaces bad words with kitten. Are you a nap taker or nah?
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Hungry- I know a lot of people (myself included) have taken a significant step away from social media over this last year as means of reaching overall health goals. Good for you!

P.S. I still dream about the sweet potato chipotle tempeh tacos from an old townie favorite restaurant that shut its doors forever last year... ;_;

AOTD: My new favorite snack is the Bellweather sheep milk yogurt. It satisfies the cheese craving too.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good Tuesday AM.
    I too was wondering where Eryn went - tell us your great vacation details so we can enjoy it through you :wink:
    Early birds - I tend to be an early bird as well, but my routine is to get a cup of coffee, take the dog for a walk and then she and I watch the news together. Well all 70+lbs of her hops up on my lap and takes a nap while I enjoy my 2nd cup and breakfast.
    AOTD - cut of veggies. I love them with hummus. the trick is to make sure I am up on buying them and preparing them.
    Have a great day. A balmy 20 degrees F here in good ole WI!