• Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is AOTD “advice of the day” or “action of the day?” 😂
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    aotd = answer of the day.

Hungry I was going to ask where you worked I thought maybe a coffeehouse/restaurant but a bakery? Wow good for you for holding off temptation as well as you do.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I've been absent for almost a week now, oops! I did my best with eating over the holiday, but definitely gained some. I'm glad the Californians got rain!! Hopefully the air stays relatively clear.

I've proven to myself yet again that my eating habits dictate my immune system's strength. Of course after all those desserts and trying to eat just a little bit of the many many foods I only get a few times a year, I now have a cold. I've been sipping homemade ginger lemon tea with honey for three days now. Curse you, taste buds! You did this to me!

AOTD: I like apples with peanut butter for something heartier, but usually I just turn to a plain apple or banana.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Gooooood morning!

One eye is open; working on the other one. Today is my last full day with my sister in CA. I am going to miss this wonderful weather/temperatures.

AOTD: This is not my favorite veggie, but I have taken to steaming and chilling my baby carrots and then putting them into a container to use either as a salad veggie, for hummus, or to heat up quickly for a side dish with dinner. I just can't seem to enjoy eating more than 3 rock-hard raw baby carrots.

BBL

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Have been gone a week and wow! :o have i missed a lot in here!
    Did DH side of family Tgiving last Wed. Kept all portions small and only one serving. Gave myself pat on the back for that one! 17 hour drive to family gathering in FL I didn't get much food choice - McD's only place open on Tgiving Day! :/ Once in FL, ate much better than I figured I would. Mostly seafood and even that was in moderation. Barely any sweets/desserts. Most days stayed within calorie count! Never done that on vacation before! :o

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Soooo many posts to catch up on!
    Sara - glad to hear air quality improving! also, I am anything BUT an early bird. if sleeping in were an olympic sport, I am sure I would be a gold medalist!
    Dawn - we have snow but NOTHING like you were slammed with! the black ice we got did keep driving home last night from getting boring though! LOL
    Lana - glad you are traveling between warm places! this snow and cold is no fun.
    Tracy - congrats on the overall loss and kudos for making it safely through Tgiving! you may be frustrated with "stalling" but you are actually killing it, girl!

Welcome to all who drop in!!

AOTD: currently, apple and almond butter or blueberries and cashew butter. in a pinch - Quest Hero or Detour protein bars.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    Today was so stressful I could rip my hair out! I really almost emotionally ate but I managed to swerve. Still fighting the demon though.

@Tilliesmommy1 - thanks for the answer! Yeah it can be hard when I’m busy not to just grab a pastry. I recently got promoted so I’m not in the kitchen asssss much but it can still be a struggle! So many tasty things....
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - we actually got lucky where I live. It was where my family is, that was hit so hard. There's pretty much no snow here. Family got 6- 7 inches. Further North, towns were shut down... so glad that isn't us... not sure we'll be so lucky all winter...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps today 7552

small dinner and then with any luck more sleep. The stress of questions I had late last night were answered, so it had better be new stress keeping me up tonight >:)

Wishing all a good night.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of cutting out sweets. Day 2 of honestly logging in all my food. Day 2 of being realistic about getting in my steps. Currently walking the hallway because it's Siberia here. Looking for more active friends on here. It appears after going through my current list I have 2 people that are doing more than just checking in.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    jtophinke wrote: »
    Day 2 of cutting out sweets. Day 2 of honestly logging in all my food. Day 2 of being realistic about getting in my steps. Currently walking the hallway because it's Siberia here. Looking for more active friends on here. It appears after going through my current list I have 2 people that are doing more than just checking in.
    I laughed at the Sirberia comment 😄
  • jtophinke
    Options
    jtophinke wrote: »
    I laughed at the Sirberia comment 😄

Okay that may have been an exaggeration 😜
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I also laughed at the Siberia comment - at least you are walking the hallways.
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Well it's actually 14° I'm sure there's some kind of a -20° wind chill so it's probably close to Siberia right?!?
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Aotd- I'm going to say cauliflower and ranch. I like hummus also but Walmart here decided to not carry my kind.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    Good morning to the early birds 🦅!

I have a QOTD if I may? Do you preplan your meals on MFP like a budget, or do you just log as you go?
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tweet, tweet! Early bird check-in.

AOTD: I pre-plan my meals so I know where I'm headed for the day. Logging everything ahead allows me to adjust meals and make better choices. If it's not on the log, it doesn't go in the mouth.

Also, allows me to accept the days that may be less than perfect ahead of time. I'm the person who would see that I ruined a day at the end and say *kitten* it, I'll have a sundae every night from now on.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    AOTD: I do both but I see more success with meal planning and logging as I go can lead to not logging at all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning early birds.

Last hour dealing with computer issues, means I am living on less sleep.....

AOTD stopped logging = dont know why - I try and preplan my meals so it is not a free for all.

Lurking soon from work. Lynn I may also be snoring at work, we shall see....hahahaha
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Tweet, tweet! Early bird check-in.

AOTD: I pre-plan my meals so I know where I'm headed for the day. Logging everything ahead allows me to adjust meals and make better choices. If it's not on the log, it doesn't go in the mouth.

Also, allows me to accept the days that may be less than perfect ahead of time. I'm the person who would see that I ruined a day at the end and say *kitten* it, I'll have a sundae every night from now on.
    I’m the same way - if I eat off plan I say heck to it and go crazy! Hence why I’m on the serial starters thread 😂

NSV: I’ve said NO to our peppermint marshmallows we make here for five days in a row! My first weigh in for a goal of -5lbs is on the 7th, and if I make it I’m going to have a reward of a marshmallow (they’re big!) in my daily calorie planning for a treat!

I hope everyone slept okay!