Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Poking my head in super quickly to say hi, but I'm much too exhausted to read through everything. I was at the hospital late last night and back again early this morning for my roommate. She's okay, but it's been a wild ride for me. Just want to eat chocolate and sleep!

AOTW: my pups and my partner
    AOTD: making sure I get lots of veggies to fill me up before the heavy hitters come in
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wouldn't you know it just when I need some time work gets busy and craft season is in full swing! I haven't had a chance to catch up on all of my social media accounts at all!!!!

Missing all of you so thought I would at least say hi!
    Tracey in Canada
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    6680 steps

Rain starts Wednesday - we need it but the day before Thanksgiving will be crazy anyway. I will make as few trips as possible to get my errands done.

Stay warm - wishing all a good night
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    trying to cram lots of stuff in next few days. getting stressed. had migraine today which only delays everything. ugh!
  • raw_key
    raw_key Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I hope I'm not imposing. I am getting started on loosing weight.....again! ] I'm committed to making sure that this is the last time. As such, I'd love to chat with like minded folks where there is a little more consistent activity going on. I've struggled with weight fluctuations over the last few years and I'm just sick and tired of it. Easing in slowly by establishing the habit of logging my foods first, moving on to counting cals and adding in exercise.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Last day of unhealthy air for awhile. Dont remember that "good" air looks like but we may see it Friday hahahaha.

Raw_Key - welcome! this is an open board, stop by and post when you can.

We are trying to have more Questions of the Day or Week. Here is today's

QOTD- your favorite Thanksgiving item?

AOTD - those nice flaky biscuits with way too much butter. As I am not willing to walk off those calories - it is not in the house, but it is my favorite.

All kinds of stupid "kitten" at work and that should not surprise me. Chatterbox has been gone since Thursday and wow how quiet things get - people around me leave 2 hours before I do, so headphones go on.

Lana - how is SF? Stop by and peep when you can.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I get to work.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Hey, just want to Introduce my self :) Im Pink and I have been here since 2010!! I know I know haha! So yeah I am starting again...AGAIN!! Nice to meet you all :)
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    AOTD: My SIL cheesy potatoes, other SIL chicken & noodles. Each year the desserts vary as to the family cooking contest ingredient - this year we are back at pumpkin so who knows what everyone will bring. Am sure there will be something decadent.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Hi All~~

Air in Redwood City is not good; Donna and I are mostly staying inside. Today is a drive down to Santa Cruz, where air is less awful.
    Sara I look at Sacramento whenever I look at the air quality thing. Hang in there dear!

Must run~~

XOXO
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7157 steps

rain is coming - keeping good thoughts about drivers in it tomorrow.

Lana - glad you made it Santa Cruz is a great place. Hope you had fun.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Rain not here yet, but will be when I am out on errands. 3 errands last one is picking up my holiday dinner. I will take it one step at a time - first rain with people on the road. Breathe deeply and as I told coworker scream at the idiots - she said she does it all the time (the screaming part) and I had to laugh.

Spent the last week doing all the crappy work I have put off in my work file. Had to get done. Gives me headaches and makes me cranky.

Chatterbox at work was back. With all the department changes I will be moved away from her and the other chatter on the other side of my cubicle for which I am grateful.

QOTD: Will there be exercise on Turkey Day?

AOTD: for me it is walking. We have a fundraiser in town that has a run/walk Thanksgiving morning to benefit the area food closets that started small and has become quite large, so I know a number of coworkers who participate. It is too crowded for me so I will just take my local walks alone.

Wave to all who follow.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    AOTD: probably walking since the climbing gym is closed!

I hope those in Cali started getting rain now! Air in Baltimore is bad year-round because of industrial processes and the jet stream carrying crap from Ohio, but never so bad I've needed a mask! Wishing you all the best.

It's been a rough start to the week with lots of emotions and fatigue. My friend/roommate had to be taken to a hospital to be admitted for psychiatric care, but was released ten hours later because no one had beds for her. Work has been chaotic with deadlines and people out sick. I haven't really been eating well, but I'm still trying to track my foods. Tonight I'll be going climbing, which I think will help! Hoping to sleep in tomorrow too.

I might not be back on until Monday, so happy Thanksgiving and have a great weekend!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Went with friend to craft show this past weekend. Was nice. We have known each other about 11 years, but never hung out. She had a very controlling BF and moved away a couple times. She is back to stay and has a great hubby! Show was good. Funny thing, I didn't buy anything from show, but did at little consignment shop. It's a fun little German town, about 20 miles away. They were playing Christmas music thru the town. Just perfect for me!
    No food at show. We had dinner with friend and her hubby, that night. Homemade burgers, slaw, beans and potato salad. I had small servings of all.

Today is the first of our Thanksgiving dinners. Neither of us are really looking forward to it. What we thought was just going to be a small family gathering, has now become a bigger gathering with people we don't know. But, we've already committed. So, we're going. Like it or not. Tomorrow, we are having a "friends- giving" with just us and friends we had dinner with over weekend.

This weekend, I will be traveling home. Really not looking forward to that. My Aunt has completely divided family. She is having her own Thanksgiving at her house. Gma is going. No one else, except 1 Uncle, invited. So, we are doing our own thing, at Gma's when I am there. I'm really ok with it, if Gma keeps it small. I don't want to deal with extra stress and it's not fair to Gma. None of this is fair. But, my Aunt and Uncle are incredibly petty people. They don't see or care if this hurts Gma.

Ok, I think I've written a novel now. Sorry about that. Will probably pop in, tomorrow. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    pdnhlx3qpadg.png

Thought of you Dawn - hope the crappy "kitten" relatives are few and far between this holiday.

gyf37n2ql0dx.png

Rain is off and on and all needed and welcome.

pu1pobqn9zit.png

Yikes lets hope not!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Hi All~~

Rain, welcome rain. Air is breathable in Redwood City, CA.

Have a great holiday tomorrow!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    4856 steps

so close to being in car accident - down pour people means slow down.....

Turkey dinner - in house

good netflix dvd (father brown mystery) - in house

air that I can breathe again - in house.

Wanted to give myself facial maybe tomorrow.

Wishing all a wonderful holiday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dvd was cracked so watched something else. Up with dog, I want to open windows but it is too cold, will wait until later.

Quiet day here, think sleep/read/knit.

Wishing all a great holiday.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Sara - good thoughts must have worked. Extra people were mostly gone by time we got to dinner. Glad accident was avoided.

Lana - enjoy your visit

No idea why, I woke up at 7:00am... made a quick trip to town... felt guilty... began making dessert for "Friendsgiving" this evening. Gone from 1 dessert, to 3.... blah... watching parade. I love watching. Just seems there's a lot more talking than there used to be....

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - when it comes to commentary - we used to just be able to sit and watch parades/games etc, seems we are too stupid to know what we are watching and need extra words to appreciate it? Or maybe they get paid by the word???

So long as you dont eat all the desserts you make.......

My piece of Thanksgiving dinner was last night at the place I eat November's special dessert it Pumpkin Cake and nothing else touches it. So I started my holiday with my dessert first.

Walk coming soon 1978 steps and counting.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Total steps 5930

twice around the parking lot - twice more than last year. Will get more with dog walk but dark clouds are coming in again.

Usually give Target gift cards, but last nights traffic scare and rain/time of day, I will get Amazon instead and that will involve only one trip tomorrow. Going to see about Christmas lights/special bulbs for dining room light/a/c heater filter and air masks (have been hard to find lately).

Spend most of day in chair with dog some sleeping/some knitting.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving.