Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Got more walking in at store to pick up meds. Bought facial samples for lady at work her birthday is next month.

Cold here but it is overdue. Rain is the four letter word we wish for now. If I can get picky - no downpours - we dont need mudslides.

Fruit bouquet means strawberries with oatmeal, pieces of fruit all day long of melon/pineapple. I dont buy pre cut fruit as 1) it is expensive and 2) too much in a container. So for the next couple of days I can have my fruit and eat it too.......

Dog will be "locked" in bedroom - yearly fire alarm tests make her a flight possibility, so for one day she is held up in bedroom.

Wave to all who follow.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Hey-o, the sewing marathon was intense but its on hold until next weekend. I didn't log the day of so I just put everything in, I was apparently so in the zone that I didn't really eat much at all.

Tilliesmommy- I'm working on some costumes for an event. They are holiday themed though so there are a lot of white/green/red/blue velvet scraps around that I might use for a quilt.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Hickchick. when we were remodeling I wore masks all the time. HATED them. But I was in a different situation - we did not sleep in that house until it was done. We had a massive cleanup effort prior to move in. Brought in all my family and everyone took a room and a bucket of soapy water. Most of my mess was drywall, but also some floor leveling concrete dust. It took many buckets per room and lots of rag wringing, sorry to say. So with all that - for your health, do you have somewhere to stay. dust affects people differently and if you are coughing - it is negatively affecting you. Until it is done and clean I am honestly not sure you should be sleeping in that dust. I wish we could make it better for you - sending hugs.
    Hello to all! enjoyed all the updates!
    Have a great Tuesday!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    No where else to stay. Unfortunately, no family to bring in and clean either. There is no one close by with any kind of availability to help. I have lived through renovations in other houses, but that was just drywall and saw dust that I had to deal with. This concrete stuff is completely different. I did find a couple masks but they are difficult to wear as they makes my glasses fog up. I end up just taking it off. New floors not installed until Dec11. Am seriously considering coughing up the money (no pun intended) to pay for a cleaning company to come in and wash down walls, etc. But am afraid that may be too expensive. Not sure how to deal with dust on ceiling. Its textured.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathryn, wow you are between a rock and a hard place. The cleaners is well worth the expense, dont give up on that idea.
  • hickchic67
    Since holidays are right around the corner, every cleaning company I called is booked solid until mid December. Looks like I will be cleaning this myself!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Since holidays are right around the corner, every cleaning company I called is booked solid until mid December. Looks like I will be cleaning this myself!

Kathryn - When you called cleaning companies, were you calling places such as Merry Maids--household cleaning? They may not be what you want. You might need something like Service Pro--the kind of company that deals with big messes such as flooding and other disaster treatment. Maybe go to a Lowes or Home Depot and talk to them; see if they know of any contractors/subcontractors who might help. Failing all that, maybe they can suggest cleaning supplies and stuff and techniques that you might not be aware of.

Good luck Sweetie. Big, big hugs.

To Sara and everyone else, I am way way behind in reading all of your posts. I hope you all are hanging in there and doing OK. Special thoughts going out to Tracy in TN and Runa~~

Lana

243.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm realizing my workday eating habits aren't really doing me any favors. I don't like to take a full lunch, so I snack on bits and pieces and by the time I'm hungry enough to really eat it's almost the end of the day. I skip whatever my "main course" is for lunch almost every day. Luckily the other stuff I bring is mostly fruit and a protein bar. However, by the time I get home I'm ravenous and eat whatever I can in the house. I need to start bringing lunches that I can eat parts of throughout the day but still get a full meal's worth of calories.

Kathryn - I've heard good things about steam mops! I have one myself, but I've never had to do such an extensive clean with it. Microfiber cloths might work on your other surfaces. You should get an air purifier for the time being. I'm sorry you have to deal with all that!

How does everyone keep up with hydration? I am horrible at drinking enough water every day. I'm trying, but it's just not happening!
  • hickchic67
    megbeveridge - when i first started trying to increase water intake, i would set a reminder on phone and/or computer to go off every hour during my work day. each time it went off, i would drink 8oz. that way i got my 8 glasses per day in at work, then what i drank at home was extra. it really became a habit. now i have to have a water bottle with me at all times. 99% of the time all i drink is water - i include tea in that category since it is majority water. i avoid soda and sports drinks.

i had a friend would take a gallon jug and mark it so she knew how much to drink each hour. she would start with full gallon first thing in the morning and empty it by the time she went to bed.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    7386 total is this number looks close to last night, I may have switched the last couple of digits but it is 7300.

Time to curl up with dog and book.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up, and decided to add the 30 minutes to my after breakfast sleep. Too cold woke me up then too hot woke me up.

Air quality will be bad all week. Eye drops are a blessing. Kathryn - are you taking care of your eyes as well with all that dust?

Big meeting tomorrow at work -seems we are restructuring. I keep writing movie quotes, so we shall see what we shall see.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can from work.
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    This morning was...challenging.
    The habit I'm really focusing on this month is getting up in the morning when my alarm goes off without hitting snooze and then immediately doing some kind of exercise/movement. But it's kinda hard to get up when the alarm goes off when you forget to set the darned thing the night before. :| The only reason I got up even close to my usual time is that my daughter started crying and woke me up. And, man, my semi-unconscious self started coming up with all kinds of half baked reasons why I should totally not worry about it and go back to sleep.

Of course, once I got out and took my walk I was glad I got up. Still, I'm really looking forward to the point when getting up in the morning becomes a true routine instead of something that my lizard brain thinks is up for debate.

@hickchic67 I wish I had something to say that could be helpful to you and your situation, but the best I can do is to say that I truly empathize. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

@megbeveridge93
    As a natural grazer, I can totally relate. I've been working on getting myself to eat at regular times during the day, bit I still find snacky finger foods to be much more appealing than, say a sandwich and a salad. I've had some success recently by packing myself a snackier sort of lunch. For example: u24zjngiv06u.jpeg (plus a couple stalks of celery with almond butter)
    This totally satisfies both my appetite and my snacking urges.

@Tilliesmommy1
    Could I ask whereabouts you live? Between mentions of poor air quality, dust, and potential mudslides it sounds like you're dealing with very different weather conditions than I have here on the East coast.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Messy Apron - that spread looks great!
    Hickchick - One other idea - ask around, sometimes there are cleaners that aren't so "professional" - they don't have their own web page or advertise. Just word of mouth. I am guessing it would take them 1-2 days tops if they concentrated on it. Had one come in when we moved out of a house we lived in for 25 years. Did cost me 500.00 but was worth it.
    Tillies mom - you are rocking those steps!
    Megb- I am not a good water intake person. Coffee - plenty of that, but after coffee is done I don't keep up on the water. bad habit.
    Hello Lana - hope you are doing well.
    All else who pass through today - have a great day. Leaving work early to get something done with my hair :blush:
    Happy Wednesday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lynn- I was thinking the same thing about cleaners and word of mouth referrals..... such smart women we are.

MessyA - I live in CA about an hour away from one of the worst fires. My nightly mantra - rain anywhere in CA.

Dawn please see the picture above, that is a decent way to make ahead meals/snacks - bento boxes work well for that - or multiple baggies ;)

Very short dog walk - her choice so I have extra time this morning. Lana come on by and sit in the recliner with Miss T she would love it.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Quickly checking in.....getting ready to leave the house for two weeks. What a gloomy day outside; they had predicted nice sunshine for today. Curses.

I hope that all of you ladies find some little pockets of joy in your day today.

The Cabana Boys are having a Mid-Week Dinner Party for all of us on the beach. Zero-calorie cocktails! Foot massages.....Mmmm.....

Lana

243.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    edited November 2018
    7457 steps yesterday. Not in the numbers where I want to be, but better than no steps! Most of those were from cleaning house - vacuuming, washing walls, etc. Microfiber cloths along with a microfiber mop are helping better than regular rags. Its just going to take several times over each surface to get it all off.

Lana - Did call the "big" cleaning companies but was told too small of a job and/or its a $1k minimum. No one has real solution for cleaning up concrete dust other than it will take many, many repeated cleanings. One person did recommend putting peroxide in water to help "capture" the dust, someone else suggested ammonia, but I didn't see any difference from either of those from just plain water. Will just keep at it.

brenner - Have asked around about local cleaning ladies but, so far, everyone booked solid due to holidays (or just dont want to take this mess on).

Sara- I have doubled up on allergy meds for runny nose and cough and am using LOTS of artificial tears to keep eyes washed out and moist. stay safe with all those fires going!

messyapron - feel free to pack me some snacks! :smile: those look great!

Winter is finally here. In the teens this morning. Snow & ice on the way tomorrow. Fun stuff!

This morning was thyroid biopsy. Feel like I've been throat punched. Bled more than they expected and they said i might be more sore than usual because a couple nodules were calcified and took more pressure and manipulation than normal. The bruising and the bandaids are super sexy! Making quite the fashion statement with those! Ended up calling off work when i discovered i cant talk without pain. So me running my meetings would have involved sign language and perhaps even interpretive dance! LOL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    z9x73a6lss5h.png

vu1o6qzh0too.png

7ou943a16bpt.png

I hope to explain when I get home.....

Ok at home, someone at work possibly passed away - someone announced it over the loudspeaker (which has never happened before) and HR is telling us we dont know all the facts - smells like legal trying to cover their assets. So I dont know what I dont know therefore I dont know - with the air quality - tanked this afternoon - wore a medical mask home - I have the makings of a headache.

So - I went looking for quotes to keep me moving forewards.

steps 8587
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lynn- I was thinking the same thing about cleaners and word of mouth referrals..... such smart women we are.

MessyA - I live in CA about an hour away from one of the worst fires. My nightly mantra - rain anywhere in CA.

Dawn please see the picture above, that is a decent way to make ahead meals/snacks - bento boxes work well for that - or multiple baggies ;)

Very short dog walk - her choice so I have extra time this morning. Lana come on by and sit in the recliner with Miss T she would love it.

I was definitely looking at that pic. That looks wonderful! Bento box... is that pre made? Never heard of them. I also saw an add, now the Power Bowl (?) has a breakfast bowl...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    Dawn - just went online they have a number of options for breakfast - more if you like spicy......I enjoy one of their "non breakfast" bowls, so I will be looking at the breakfast ones myself.

Bento Box is the container, you can put whatever you want in them --

more ideas https://www.skinnytaste.com/bento-box-turkey-club-roll-ups/

something different for dinner = Thanksgiving??

https://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-sausage-brussels-and-butternut-foil-packets/

Time to cuddle with Miss T - snapping fingers for Hot chocolate and dog treats to get the cboys working at it.

Wishing all a good night.