Serial Starters

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Whew! Winter hit with a vengeance through the night. 1/2" or more of ice coating EVERYTHING this morning. Trees down. Powerlines down. Lots of folks without power (luckily we are still ok). Roads were awful. Was so thankful I no longer have that hour plus commute into the city! Hope everyone else doing ok this morning.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    THURSDAY

good morning. oops - forgot to post!

Wearing masks to work (the disposable medical ones), not sure if they do any good - but at least the remind me not to be out.

Wait - I made a post but did not "post reply". Just shaking my head.

Kathryn, it is a strange weather year - glad you do not have to deal too much with it. No wonder people run to comfort food after a commute in bad weather.

Dawn - have since found out Jimmy Dean also makes breakfast bowls ( have seen the commercials). They look okay, do some price checking.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking here at work.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi everyone!

It's snowing here in Baltimore and the roads are a mess! I was fishtailing at 10mph. Ugh.
    MessyApron wrote: »
    This morning was...challenging.
    The habit I'm really focusing on this month is getting up in the morning when my alarm goes off without hitting snooze and then immediately doing some kind of exercise/movement. But it's kinda hard to get up when the alarm goes off when you forget to set the darned thing the night before. :| The only reason I got up even close to my usual time is that my daughter started crying and woke me up. And, man, my semi-unconscious self started coming up with all kinds of half baked reasons why I should totally not worry about it and go back to sleep.

MessyA - I completely relate to the getting up in the morning thing ^^ The only reason I get up and walk is because my dog starts grumbling at me! I still usually hit snooze about three times though lol

Tilliesmom - Take care of yourself in all that smoke and ash! Keeping your lungs healthy and clean is more important than walking outside. Maybe try mall walking when it's not for the pup?

I think I'm going to make it a goal to fill up my 20oz insulated travel mug with water twice during every work day. That way while I'm at work I'll at least get 40oz and can get the rest with a glass in the morning and two at night.

Tonight I have a night to myself! I'm going to try cleaning a bit, making a good dinner, and taking a nice hot bath. It's been so cold and I've been so busy so I need an evening to relax and get things together. Climbing last night left me pretty sore in the back and shoulders!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    I have a 67oz canteen that I typically use for work. I'm on a sewing roll so I haven't gone out for walks, to the gym, or even really eaten >> bad I know.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello! Great Sunny day in WI. Cold, but sunny at least!
    Kathryn - ice is the worst. Would much rather get dumped on with snow then that ice crap. Too dangerous all around. Glad ok for you.
    Tilliesmom - I agree about the masks - take care of those lungs. If you are not a smoker, this is probably doing just as much damage. So heartbreaking all that is on the news and I am sure that is just the tip of the iceberg of the devastation.
    I may check in tomorrow AM, but then probably not for a bit. Will be lurking, just out and about visiting my daughter in Denver. I cannot wait to do so. Hoping traveling goes without a hitch. Fly out tomorrow and then back early Tuesday! My travel companion is my 2nd daughter! So it is a trip away from hubby and son. Secretly happy about that - is that bad :wink: :smiley:
    Have a great one!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Hi All~~

Weather is going to get worse here in NYC. Gah.

Meg! You live in Baltimore!!!??? I love Baltimore. I want to live there in my next life.

Sara - This is awful for you with the bad air. Do what you can to ease the stress on your body. Jeez.

Kathryn - hope your neck/throat gets better soon.

Lynn - I am SO jealous of your sunshine. Soak it up for the rest of us.

Marselli - what are you sewing??

Waving to Tracey in Canada and Tracy in Tennessee and Eryn and Dawn and Missy and Sarah Pink and Runa and JTop and any new peeps and anyone just peeking in......

Lana

245.6 today (soy sauce and brownies at the airport, and chocolate chips, not all together)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    Discussion on better masks - will go to Hardware store Saturday - Kathryn good ones have a N95 rating. They make disposable ones and more permanent ones ( think more $$$) but the disposable ones are $2- I hope they have some in stock......

Dog walks are short as well, she is not interested and it has been cold in the morning.

No extra trips anywhere - get groceries/dog vet apt etc.
  • hickchic67
    edited November 2018
    Got ready to go on treadmill and realized I dont have my shoes! Left them at home. Don't think treadmill in heels would be a good idea (could however generate many funny memes and videos, I'm sure! LOL) Debating doing treadmill in socks or bare feet. Any one ever do that before? I suppose I could skip tonight if I have to but I already skipped yesterday due to feeling like I'd been throat punched!

Sara - thanks for the mask rating, used the last one here and need to get more as we continue cleanup
  • marsellilove

Marselli - what are you sewing??

A holiday costume for an event and a quilt. I had to pattern a vest by hand but it worked out. I'm at an impasse until I can get more fabric for another project so I was organizing like a maniac.

I also wish I was more of a morning person. With the bright DLS mornings you'd think it'd be easier???

The Jimmy Dean skillet meal bags are pretty dang good too.

Tilliesmommy - I was wondering if you were in California or in the Utah basin, but stay safe ;_; it looks insane out that way.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Whew! Winter hit with a vengeance through the night. 1/2" or more of ice coating EVERYTHING this morning. Trees down. Powerlines down. Lots of folks without power (luckily we are still ok). Roads were awful. Was so thankful I no longer have that hour plus commute into the city! Hope everyone else doing ok this morning.

Wheweee... be careful! We were worried this morning as DH had Dr's appt 2 hrs away and we were going to be driving thru where they were getting a "snow storm" thankfully, it didn't get bad at all. By the time we went thru, not snowing and barely any on ground. Be safe and stay warm!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    THURSDAY

good morning. oops - forgot to post!

Wearing masks to work (the disposable medical ones), not sure if they do any good - but at least the remind me not to be out.

Wait - I made a post but did not "post reply". Just shaking my head.

Kathryn, it is a strange weather year - glad you do not have to deal too much with it. No wonder people run to comfort food after a commute in bad weather.

Dawn - have since found out Jimmy Dean also makes breakfast bowls ( have seen the commercials). They look okay, do some price checking.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking here at work.

I did see the Jimmy Dean ad... not sure how "healthy" I also saw, they have a new breakfast sandwich, without bread. They use 2 egg frittatas like bread...hmmmm
  • marsellilove
    arniedog74 wrote: »

I did see the Jimmy Dean ad... not sure how "healthy" I also saw, they have a new breakfast sandwich, without bread. They use 2 egg frittatas like bread...hmmmm

They pack in a lot of sodium but seem to be otherwise alright. Wouldn't make a habit of it but a good thing to have in the freezer/fridge for busy mornings.

Omygosh, it's like that KFC sandwich that had two pieces of fried chicken instead of bread O_O but I guess healthier??? Still not about it.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!!

Had my final Boot Camp Challenge this morning with new measurements and assessment. I lost 2 inches in my waist and 2 in my hips. Caliper measurements were 6 mm less than before. I did the same jumping jacks, 5 more situps, and 3 more pushups. Really proud of the progress. Won't make the goal of 190 by Thanksgiving, but I got close.

That type of exercise is not for me, so I won't be trying it again. The experience cements my feeling that yoga is the correct form for me. I'll be attending a class or two when I can fit it in between now and the new year. After that, I plan on a more filled schedule.

We all can do this. Together we are stronger!!

SW 222
    CW 195
    GW 160 (by February)

Tracy, this is seriously amazing. Even though it is not your thing, you did it, and got some great results, too!

A huge round of applause for you!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

No steps left pedometer at home......

Got a correct mask for wildfires AT WORK, they were handing them out. Very grateful and what a difference....I will still see if I can find more this weekend.

dinner is a mystery. Hmmm.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi 👋!

Just passing through, but spent almost a half hour catching up on posts. Should have made notes, but now can’t remember what I was going to say to whom. Depression pretty stubborn. And can’t get over incident from last week.

As for water... I use the drink flavoring, but instead of a whole packet for 64 ounces, I use a packet for about four jugs of 64 ounces. Just enough flavor to make it seem more desirable than plain water - therefore ensuring I am more likely to drink it. Going on the theory of drinking half body weight in ounces... I have to drink over a gallon and a half minimum each day. When I actually do that, I feel like I am water boarding myself and I spend a ton of time running to the rest room. My bladder never gets used to increase water and I can’t sit and focus on anything without running to the rest room a million times. So I do it sporadically. Depending on how much I want to get done when I go to the library.

A few picks from my quick excursion this week.

Runa

acad19buj3bc.jpeg
    80npna0v2rjn.jpeg
    zzy9ivloovmk.jpeg
    etisf6q6b6pz.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF to a mostly stinky week.

Word online is that the days of seriously unhealthy air may ease this weekend with a little wind, but then we shall have to see.

Will do a little shopping tomorrow and dog to Vet Sunday - but otherwise inside, glad I have books to read and things to knit otherwise I would have cabin fever. Dont even see my neighbors walking dogs much.

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    Still cleaning! Got the walls vacuumed and scrubbed in the majority of the house. Everything in kitchen cabinets are being thrown in dishwasher and cabinets thoroughly cleaned. (Dishwasher part showed up and we were able to get it running again!! Major victory there considering everything in the kitchen will have to be run through it!) The floor still has haze on it, no matter what is used to clean it and how many times its been mopped and/or hand scrubbed. But it will be eventually be replaced, so no big deal, I guess. Not sure about seeing light at the end of the tunnel but at least I am not feeling so gritty and gross and I have been able to throw food in the oven so we didnt have to eat out. Also have been running the washer & dryer non-stop getting all clothing and linens clean in addition to repeated washing of the cleaning materials. Thank goodness we are on a well and do not have a water bill to pay!!!
    4476 steps yesterday. Did not run bare or sock footed on the treadmill, although I seriously considered it.
  • hickchic67
    edited November 2018
    Runa - you were out in flip flops in the SNOW?! :o

Tracy - huge applause for the progress made!!

Sara - nice that work handed out masks to preserve everyone's health!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Runa - you were out in flip flops in the SNOW?! :o

I was going to say the same thing! LOL Hello Runa!
    hickchick - I am glad you are feeling some progress made. Not many steps, but is sounds like you worked your butt off!
    Good morning Tilliesmom! So glad you got mask from work. I take fresh air for granted!
    Wheels up for Denver tonight! Getting excited!
    Have a great weekend!

CW 193
    HW 209
    GW 170