• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Lynn I may also be snoring at work, we shall see....hahahaha

• megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    It's not quite as cold here as it is where some of you live, but the wind is howling! I busted out the knee-length parka this morning and I regret nothing. I went on a slightly longer walk this morning to make up for not leaving my desk much yesterday.
    AOTD: It really depends on the day. If I bring my lunch to work I log everything ahead of time, but on weekends it's harder to do. I'm also a moody eater so sometimes what I log is so unappealing I just have to change it. I go for balance.
    jtophinke wrote: »
    Day 2 of cutting out sweets. Day 2 of honestly logging in all my food. Day 2 of being realistic about getting in my steps. Currently walking the hallway because it's Siberia here. Looking for more active friends on here. It appears after going through my current list I have 2 people that are doing more than just checking in.

I'm with you jtophinke! I sent you a friend request :) I blog every once in a while and post updates.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    10099 steps yesterday! I finally got a chance to do my walk/run on the treadmill. No way I am running outside with it being a whole 19 out there and who knows how cold that windchill is! I will just look at the snow through the window, not run through it.
    AOTD - I dont really pre-plan meals other than figuring out what to pack/make for lunch each morning. I never know what dinner will be until dinnertime gets here. I do make sure I log every bite so I can see what I am actually consuming. I need to know if I am keeping within my calorie count. Otherwise I will tend to overeat, thinking whats the harm this one time (which ends up being every time) I log exercise too so that I can verify I am creating a calorie deficit.

jtophinke - Siberia comment cracked me up! Am sitting here in satellite office where heat not working properly. Am right there with you in Siberia today! Brrr!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of cutting out sweets. Day 2 of honestly logging in all my food. Day 2 of being realistic about getting in my steps. Currently walking the hallway because it's Siberia here. Looking for more active friends on here. It appears after going through my current list I have 2 people that are doing more than just checking in.

I find a lot of friends on here are like that. I personally interact more on the boards than I do with my friends... I'm not sure why that is.
    Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    AOTD - I log as I go, but I do it right after the meal or if I'm eating alone sometimes during the meal. I am not a pre-planner at all. I also don't eat what most would consider healthy or clean. I am a very fussy eater and have mostly been losing through portion control. I eat McDonald's almost daily but instead of burgers and fries I have nuggets and apple slices. I will not restrict anything because of my fussiness I'm already restricted enough. LOL

I started my Christmas decorating yesterday, still some more to go and not putting my tree up until Sunday but feeling a bit accomplished. I had an idea a few months back while looking through boxes of memorabilia and my hope chest that I would display some Christmas pictures this year. So I have dug out all of my pictures of people with Santa and some Christmas ones from when my girls were little. This is one of my favourite Santa pics, this is my Dad and I taken Christmas Eve 1988. I was about 6 weeks away from delivering my eldest daughter and we were comparing bellies. Dad dressed up to visit the little girl that lived next door for about 3 Christmases in a row. 3ii2ojz9g0oz.jpg
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ATOD- I log my food after I consume it. I make up a menu for my suppers at the beginning of the month so know what I'm having then. And I generally eat the same breakfast 6 days a week. My problem is the time between breakfast and supper. So I've cut out sweets and started using popcorn for my snacks. also trying to be a little bit more consistent about what I'm having for lunch.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8811 total steps and yes I do feel the difference.

Big time sugar kept me from snoring at work, not the greatest, but better than being caught "asleep at the wheel" so to speak.

Lana drop by when you get home/settled, want to know how your food choices "on the road" where and that you made it home safely.

Wishing all a good night
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    8811 total steps and yes I do feel the difference.

Big time sugar kept me from snoring at work, not the greatest, but better than being caught "asleep at the wheel" so to speak.

Lana drop by when you get home/settled, want to know how your food choices "on the road" where and that you made it home safely.

Wishing all a good night
    Yeah I had a small amount of ice cream today just to keep my spirits up. It’s been non-stop gloomy here which is really killing my heart 😖 sugar in moderation is ok I think.

I’m longing for the sun in a way I never had before! It makes me double down on getting in shape in time for Hawaii haha.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 That memory is SO WONDERFUL. Thank you for sharing! I also don’t eat super clean tbh. I’m trying to be thoughtful about getting veggies in, but if I DONT want to eat something, it’s just going to derail my progress because after depriving myself for so long I’m going to go mad and dive for comfort food!
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 3 no sweets! Hit my step goal for active May try to get my power goal. Didn't get to walk outside was dark when I finally made it home.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    Day 3 no sweets! Hit my step goal for active May try to get my power goal. Didn't get to walk outside was dark when I finally made it home.
    What’s your power goal? I just love the sound of that! Congratulations on 3 days no sweets 🎉

Early bird is getting the low-cal worm this morning 😄 although to be honest I’m laying in bed willing myself to get up. It’s my Friday so I’m worn out!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Loud storm came through and did not sleep well. Afraid trees may fall down.... some reality to that fear but a lot of noises in the night kept Miss T and myself awake.

Computer is running slow, lucky we have power so just letter it do its best.

Hungry - help me out, when is Hawaii trip again? One thing about having weekly pill boxes for meds it reminds you what day it is - otherwise my brain is not too good lately.

Up early with dog, hope I may get a little more sleep before dog walk and not get too wet.

Wave to all who follow
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Running late for work this morning. Popping in for status update. New middle number!

CW 188
    SW 222
    GW 180 by Christmas
    Ultimate goal 105
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here have problems getting breakfast in? I really only eat breakfast when I remember to make or buy something that I can bring to work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Running late for work this morning. Popping in for status update. New middle number!

CW 188
    SW 222
    GW 180 by Christmas
    Ultimate goal 105

congrats!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    5771 steps yesterday. Most of that was packing boxes and moving cabinets/furniture in preparation for the new floors. This morning, I hurt. :(

I keep breakfast stuff at work. I know I wont have time (or wont take the time) to make breakfast at home. so I have stocked my office & mini fridge with breakfast stuff and eat once I am at work. It has made mornings so much easier. Usually, its oatmeal & fruit. Some days, whole wheat cereal with cashew milk. On crazy busy days, it may just be grabbing a protein bar on the way to yet another meeting. Regardless, it makes getting breakfast in much, much easier.

CW 159.5
    HW 216
    GW 150
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here have problems getting breakfast in? I really only eat breakfast when I remember to make or buy something that I can bring to work.

@marsellilove

Breakfast prep is just as important as other meal preps. I do mine on Sunday. I'll make egg muffins (tons of recipes on the net, but you can keep it simple too.), make extra hamburger patties to eat with mayonnaise, roasted chicken and vegetables, or cook up a ton of bacon. Everything I make is packaged by portion in baggies or containers.

Depending on what type of program you are following, overnight oats are a possibility, apples and nut butter are an easy go to, lots of recipes out there for breakfast cookies, or you could think outside the box and have leftovers from last night's dinner or yesterday's lunch.

Other ideas:

Pre-packaged apple slices with peanut butter (individual packs are available at Walmart for $1)
    Carrots and Ranch dip (ditto)
    Crackers or vegetables and hummus
    Yogurt with fruit and granola

Key is plan, plan, plan. Sorry for the super long post. Hope it helps.

• Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - Hawaii is February 10th 2019!! About 10 weeks out 🤩 my goal is to be around 190 when I go, at 205 right now so slow and steady is my goal this time around. It’s clearly already more sustainable.

I’m so sorry about your sleep! Good sleep seems to be particularly elusive. I always feel like a real space cadet when I get anything less than 8 hours. Honestly my ideal is 12 hours LOL!

@marsellilove - I usually eat jimmy deans lean bowls with a side a fruit. 3 minutes in the microwave for a balanced meal full of protein! No egg yolks either which is great for my high cholesterol 🙃 I gotta eat breakfast or else I get real hangry!

Congrats @Twiley510 and @hickchic67 !
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I got to work and had to do a double take on the board..... early bird week for sure. Also consider making crock post oatmeal if you have a crock pot. I made porridge with barley and dried cranberries once and it was good but it made too much.....

At work staying under radar - how dull.