Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options

Hi All~~

Check off the ladies walk as done - I made it to the three mile mark. We were talking too much when we started so I forgot to look at my apple watch, so I don't know what percentage of my daily goal that trail can do for me.
    I have 77% in so far. That's good.

Sara - it is indeed a lot easier to walk as a group.
    Glad that Mrs Monster recognized your good work 🌟

Lynn - good to see you. I hope that you get out for your walk.

Maureen, it is 3:30 here, and I am exhausted. Can we Zoom another day please?
    I'll message you too~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    4051 but need to get back to normal sleep patterns so maybe tomorrow I will walk more
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

I am one of the few to keep distance as best I can and wear a mask. People have gotten bored with the rules here. I am the one with the pre-existing conditions and so I will continue. I just shake my head. Being inconvenienced is just what you have to do but there it is.

Will try and walk more.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good morning Sara~~

What a drag that people in your area can't be bothered. Where I am, the use of masks has gone way UP in the past two weeks. It is now rare to see people without masks in appropriate situations: grocery stores and other places of business.
    On the walking trails very few people wear masks, but every single one of them stays at least six feet from the next. That's what we did with the ladies walking group yesterday, but there were only three of us anyway.

Maureen and I did indeed do a Zoom visit yesterday evening. It was so nice to meet her!

I managed to do 112% of my activity goal yesterday. Mr. Scale was not impressed.

Waving to everyone who stops by later on~~

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

256.0 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 year end goal
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Lana, so fun to meet and chat with you! Don't worry about the scale. Inflammation from walking causes additional water retention. Mine can take days to show losses when I shift up intensity in any way.

Sara, you are doing fine. Any movement is better than none--it took me years to realize that. If I couldn't go 3 miles, I didn't go. Stupid of me. Now I do what I can when I can. I'm pretty hard on myself so this current need to keep it at a mild intensity is hard. Dying to go back to jogging and longer hikes as the weather improves. I'll get there.

Hoping everyone has as much sunshine as I do today. TTFN.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Waiting for my 2nd zoom of the day. My co-teacher and I zoom alone, together, a lot. It's a good thing we like each other :) I have one student who shows up regularly, 1 or 2 who pop in for 2 minutes every 2 months (or so it seems), and haven't seen the others. Missing them, though I love working from home. I'm so much less worn out. Teaching is performing and being "on" all day is tiring.

Walked at lunch for about 1.5 miles. My two GPS devices (Iphone and new Garmin Vivosport 4) never match. But today, my phone actually matched the posted distance, which is rare, too. Fortunately, I don't eat back all my exercise cals usually. My weight has not bounced up in a couple of days, so maybe I am losing again. I shifted my setting to "sedentary," plus logging exercise. At "light activity" plus logging exercise, I was stuck.

It will be in the 40s tomorrow, no warmer, but hoping that is the last dip into cooler weather for a while.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Ugh. I went for a walk on a woodsy dirt trail, but I could do only 40 minutes, which netted me 16% of my activity goal. Sheesh. I am exhausted, but am at only 66%. Dang.

Drinking water and laying down for now.

Maureen - too bad our bodies can't burn a ton of calories from "being on". Poo.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Maureen and Lana I am so glad you got to "meet" each other - Maureen you said something about sharing addresses so 'leave the info in your private mailbox'??

I will have another 3 day weekend and then Mrs Monster has Tues/Wed off - we are supposed to work full time starting Monday- but miss this chance?? Heck no.

Maybe the three of us can meet up this weekend online and you can finally meet the diva Miss Tillie.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY!!

Good morning,

Doesnt just reading Friday feel good? Up with dog and decided a 20 minute nap was pointless so I got up.

Neighbor is going to a Super Walmart and I will give her a list of 5 things so I only have to shop at one store this weekend - it has become so exhausting.

So it is vital to continue my 100% audit today- focus focus focus. Word is that our department meeting will be telling us we have to come back to the physical office (that is the fear) - not when many people refuse to wear masks.... but we shall have to wait and see but that is next week anyway.

So I did get my 5k and could not go to sleep....need to see about getting the next 2.5 hours.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    b85fhuvh9ltm.jpeg

Good morning All~~

Sara - I would love to meet you and The Diva Miss Tillie !!
    Click on Maureen's name under her photo, and message her your email address. Then she can email you the Zoom link etc. I can't remember the rest of it, but it was fairly easy.

I clocked 93% yesterday. I walked 40 minutes in the afternoon on a dirt woods trail with plenty of tree roots and little hills to deal with, and it netted me only 16% of my whole day.
    I could not get to 100 by bedtime.

Today I am supposed to walk with the Ladies, but I may be the only one. Only the "leader" is signed up, and she almost never comes. Boo hoo....

I think that Alejandro and The Boys have a special Happy Hour for us today. The Cabana Club is immune to any illness, so there will be plenty of massages and pillow fluffing. 😉

BBL

Lana

254.6 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 yr end goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Well, I finally see the scale moving again. It's a little scary to me that my sedentary calorie budget is 1530 with no exercise--and I weigh 220 lbs. I know in my mind I'm thinking, "I won't be able to eat anything when I lose a bit more." I have to take a deep breath and realize that will not be true. Losing weight will help me be able to be more active--and going back to work away from home will, too.

I struggle with not feeling full after eating. I know I need to eat salads to help with that, and I have zero motivation to do the prep that goes with salads. But, tomorrow is Saturday and I will try to find the energy to do that prep. I have some nice containers to fill with chopped veggies; I have eggs to hard boil, and I can buy some turkey or chicken (maybe??) to put in the salads too. I tend to weigh the veggies all at once; at least right now, that shouldn't make a huge difference b/c anything that isn't in the very low cal range, I don't include in that group that can be weighed together. Cheese, craisins, sunflower seeds--all those get weighed individually.

I also can head to GFS to get a big bag o'lettuce to last for most of the week. I hope I can eat it before it spoils--sometimes, our lettuce starts to go bad after day 2 or 3. It's frustrating; the only alternative is to buy daily and that's just not socially responsible right now. I might try riced cauliflower as a base for a salad. I'm not a fan of raw cabbage in large amounts, or otherwise I'd try that too. Maybe I could shred the cabbage leaves better and would like that ok.

I hope to get an email from some of you to join us maybe tomorrow for a Zoom. I don't have a time in mind yet--I want to go to a big dog park that's a bit of a drive, and I'm leaning toward doing that in the morning, so early afternoon might work. I do a family zoom at 7 pm CDT so I am tied up in the evening.

Hoping to meet more of you sooner or later through the beauty of technology.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Maureen~~

About the salads - If you buy the greens in bags or containers, put in several sections of paper towels when you first open them. This will absorb moisture and extend their shelf life.

I don't care for raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, or carrots. I steam them on "cooking day", put them in the fridge, and then add them to salads. Sometimes I have salads that have no lettuce at all in them.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Holy cold here....sunny at least, but like a high of 42 today! Covered up all my plants in the garden. Tonight too, then a warm up is scheduled. Working from home. Tried to get my dog to lay by my feet to keep warm - she is so stubborn! LOL.
    Great job on all the walking goals. I am going to break out my gear in watch and start setting some goals as well! By Monday I will have them set and start aiming for them! Gotten very lazy!
    Have a great one!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Lynn - the national weather map looks crazy. Lots of cold up central north and the northeast. Yikes!
    Good thing you covered your vegetables.

It is 7:40 PM here, and I am at 93% of my activity, so I will make it today! Yay!

Waves to everyone who stops by later on.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog is the best alarm clock. She is now fed and oops I forgot to take her out. She did not care one bit being fed first!!

My Fruit/Veg box arrived with more apples to make dessert. Probably not this weekend as I have quiche/cheeseburger casserole and spaghetti with mushrooms/asparagus to make (assuming I get asparagus).

Stayed up late with NYC couple who find CA or at least this part of CA boring.... which is fair. Her son works for the state of CA and this is the town to work in for state positions. So I am back for more sleep.

One shopping trip and eatery and then done - knitting,napping, and card writing are on my list after cooking. I only got 4k yesterday but with shopping today I hope to get a higher #.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Take if from me - the NYC couple who find the Sacramento area boring can just shove it. Asshats. No place is boring unless you lack imagination. Harrumph.

Let's hear it for the fruit/veg box!

Yesterday I did clock 105% of Activity Goal. My feet are "iffy" today from yesterday's walk, so I will need to have a shorter walk on a smooth surface, if I walk at all.
    On the other hand, I have been suffering from "painter's block" for almost 4 years now, but I have an idea in my head, and I got into the studio today, and I'm checking out what colors I need to mix up for this painting (abstract). This is a big deal to me.

What's everybody doing today? Anyone have snow?

Lana

256.0 yesterday's salt party
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - my NYC neighbors are used to living in a very large city with a different culture and rhythm and to be honest this is a dull town it closes up between 9-10pm - so I love hearing about what they did in NYC.

Paint yourself silly - that must be a nice change to want to paint.

The Blue Angels came by this morning and I was on the phone with my Dad and he got to see them - he was so excited - they are on their way to the Bay Area - I think that is a lovely way to show support.

Cards going out this weekend again. I was caught sleeping about an hour ago because I went to bed so late, so now I will get some tea and see how long it lasts.

No snow - no rain lower 90's
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Something is wrong because after the noon hour, I started feeling dizzy-ish and just weak with the beginnings of a headache. I was dismayed because I had been planning on getting out there for a nice walk I had plotted after looking at a trail/walking website.

I took my blood pressure and it was way high.
    I know I ate salty food yesterday, but jeez.

Then something occurred to me: the last time my refills came from the mail order pharmacy, my main blood pressure med was a different style pill from a manufacturer that is different from the one I've been taking for years. I had started using the new pills three days ago.
    I have heard stories about how sometimes generic drugs may not be up to snuff.
    I wonder if that is my problem.

I wrote to my doctor about it on the portal, and I will be calling her first thing Monday morning.

This evening I did manage a half-hour walk. I tried my best today, and I've gotten only to 85%. So be it.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    The Blue Angels came by this morning and I was on the phone with my Dad and he got to see them - he was so excited - they are on their way to the Bay Area - I think that is a lovely way to show support.

Cards going out this weekend again. I was caught sleeping about an hour ago because I went to bed so late, so now I will get some tea and see how long it lasts.

No snow - no rain lower 90's

Sara - it must be so cool to see the Blue Angels. Glad that your Dad saw them too!!

😊
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- hope you are feeling better and if it’s your meds, you are able to get them straightened out..

Sara- the Blue Angels are a wonderful tribute...but, they are spending a lot of money for these fly by’s...we have not seen them, here...the air force base they fly out of, is only about 1 1/2 hrs from us...but, we seem to not be in their flight path sadly..