Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I would love to say, compassion is taking over. But, I honestly cannot say that. Maybe, hopefully, in other places. As an essential worker, I am dealing with very hateful people. They refuse to follow even the easiest of requests. They are hateful to our receptionists. The tourists who have been here, since their cities have been shut down, are treating locals horribly. They are wiping out the shelves in our stores, buying 2-3 cart fulls of products and making it hard for locals to have their own necessities. I hope this is now how it is, everywhere. But, I have yet to see the compassion....it makes me incredibly sad.

This was not to argue or disagree with anyone. Just venting about my daily dealings...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Car still dirty only one downpour yesterday.....nuts.

To add to Maureen's comment, our health system is not set up to handle so many "intense" ICU cases at once and people stand the chance of laying in the hallways waiting to be cared for. That would not be the way we would want our loved ones to be treated. Our "stay at home" directive was partly to lessen the spread but also to help insure that those who got it could be cared for better. Rant done.

Here is something I cant usually say - my boss made a big mistake and I caught her at it. She cant spell a name and I could not find or process the case. If I am under a magnifying glass, so is she. I also sent it to a second person so that someone could answer my question - so there is a witness!

Chocolate cheesecake (last slice) and 6k steps was a nice way to round out the day.

Back for more sleep. Miss T is already there.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there and enjoy what you can.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

It is raining so much here that it makes me uneasy. The pool is filling up. I have never seen it go over the top, but I always worry that it will. The overflow drain is somewhat clogged with pine needles....someday I'll call Roto-Rooter....

I have not heard from the woman who is going to make me two cloth masks.
    Also, I am running out of toilet paper - have not had to buy any since this whole thing started. Now I have to figure out how to get some.

Dawn - I am sorry that the tourist swarms are behaving so atrociously. Where do most of them come from I wonder?
    Are you familiar with the term Ugly American, said about many American tourists to other countries who are rude, gauche, and abusive when they travel abroad?
    Well Dawn, it sounds as if you have too many of that sort coming to visit Lake of the Ozarks area. Disgusting.

Waving to Lynn and Maureen and Holly and Kathryn and Tracy and Runa and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who pops by later on.

Lana

253.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I am so sad to hear about the humanity or lack of. It seems we are a selfish America. Supreme Court ends the Safe at home in WI and the bars are packed. Beaches open and people leave them a garbage dump. Essential workers try and get their jobs done and they get scolded and talked rudely to. Who has a right to do that? So sad.
    OK rant over. I would say first day of eating a bit more controlled went well.
    Sara - I hope you did not smile too broadly at your boss' mistake :smiley:
    Have a great Tuesday
    Waves to all!
    Lynn
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Maureen you seem to have missed two words in my post. The words were WISE and INTELLIGENT. I do not advocate irresponsible behavior. A mask does not prevent you from getting it it deters you from spreading it. We don't know yet if an immunization is an answer. I said maybe. At any rate rest assured I will not discuss VIVID again.
  • holly1283
    Options
    COVID
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    holly1283 wrote: »
    Maureen you seem to have missed two words in my post. The words were WISE and INTELLIGENT. I do not advocate irresponsible behavior. A mask does not prevent you from getting it it deters you from spreading it. We don't know yet if an immunization is an answer. I said maybe. At any rate rest assured I will not discuss VIVID again.

I was reacting to this from your original post--"We lose more people to the flu but we don't let it rule out lives." That concerns me because it is factually incorrect. What is wise or intelligent needs to be based on correct information, so I wasn't able to assess the meaning of those words in the context you gave them.

I apologize for offending you.

• mkculs13
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I would love to say, compassion is taking over. But, I honestly cannot say that. Maybe, hopefully, in other places. As an essential worker, I am dealing with very hateful people. They refuse to follow even the easiest of requests. They are hateful to our receptionists. The tourists who have been here, since their cities have been shut down, are treating locals horribly. They are wiping out the shelves in our stores, buying 2-3 cart fulls of products and making it hard for locals to have their own necessities. I hope this is now how it is, everywhere. But, I have yet to see the compassion....it makes me incredibly sad.

This was not to argue or disagree with anyone. Just venting about my daily dealings...

Sorry, Dawn. Individual rudeness is so much more obvious than the daily acts of being considerate that fill our lives most of the time.

I think about the nurses who stood facing the WI protesters on April 24. They were silent, masked, and still. Their message was much louder, in the long run, than that of the armed, shouting protesters.

I'm trying to think of responses to anyone who says or does something unkind to an employee working around me; my intent up to now has been to just ignore these folks and I probably will if the rudeness is directed at me. But I will find it harder to ignore rudeness directed toward someone who cannot really do much (except perhaps refuse service?) Or does it seem to make it worse if someone intervenes even in a kindly, calm way?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    at lunch break -boss is in high gear - just glad I am not there. The work I do two people used to do and so she is getting emails....

Dawn, this childish behavior is not just in your back yard. Rudeness is a tolerated thing at the moment and that is really frustrating for those of us who are just trying to do our best. We are better than them because we are kind/respectful human beings- let them go their way.

Lana- contact your local eateries and see if they are selling TP. Mine is.... As I dont want to have problems my low flush toilet only takes single ply - even harder to find. If I see some shopping I get it - as being without is not fun. Hope you find some soon.

Lynn - I have kept mum about Sup's mistakes to anyone at work. My little secret (with the other person on the email....) >:)

I wish there was an easy solution to this COVID pandemic and that is what makes it so aggivating.

Hang in there and walk your steps.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- most tourists to the Lake, are from KC, MO, KS, Iowa...pretty much all over, really

Sara- I would have to do a little happy dance, catching bosses error...lol
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Its midweek and I am happy to be able to say that. Did not get steps I have been getting yesterday - but will try extra hard today as it helps with sleeping.

Already trying to see about cooking plans for next week. I am hoping something occurs to me- so maybe if I start early???

I have a feeling Mrs Monster is feeling the heat - although on a subject I have nothing to do with. But she will throw her anger at whoever she can or wants to. So glad that for now I am working at home.

Anything good going on? We are having snow in the mountains which is rare and any water is good right now. Miss T is gaining wait as I have not had time to walk her. (Note to self). She is thrilled at the new treats I bought they are a lot bigger. Lana want to come walk Miss T ?? She does not require a long walk.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara - I will be by today to walk Miss T. I DO require a long walk though, haha!
    I did not get any exercise in yesterday, mostly due to sluggishness and the rain and gloom.

While I was laying in bed looking at my phone yesterday evening, I saw an MFP recipe for "Use-What-You-Have Crustless Quiche", which is made in muffin pans for 12 individual servings, and they give instructions on how to reheat them from the fridge and from the freezer...... Hmm..... I'll go look for recipe if I remember, after I post this.

Jeez I'm sleepy. I miss the inspiring sun ☀️

The Cabana Boys are planning a special Wednesday Happy Hour for later today.

Lana

253.2 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There's some bad news with the Crustless Quiche recipe: they mention bacon in the directions, but do not list it or how much of it in the ingredients list. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Still, I think making them is a good idea. This recipe was just posted a two days ago, so hopefully someone will fix it.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/use-what-you-have-crustless-quiche/

sb25bmqu8kcn.png

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There's some bad news with the Crustless Quiche recipe: they mention bacon in the directions, but do not list it or how much of it in the ingredients list. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Lana

I make these all the time. The bacon amount is basically however much you have on hand or how much you would like in your quiche. Personally, I would use 6 ounces of bacon if making 6 quiches. One hint: add the bacon to each individual muffin cup rather than mixing into the egg mixture. You control how much meat is in each one that way.

ETA: I do not put rice in mine. Since my former eating plan was keto, rice is a no-no.

I love to make mine with diced ham and broccoli! Buying the John Morrell diced ham in a package saves so much time

Let us know how yours turn out!

• holly1283
    Options
    Those individual quiches look really good. I'm driving down to my camper in Delaware.won't be staying long. Just checking things out and cleaning up a bit. Usually my eating is controlled because I only take so much food. However they have a great bagel shop. I'll check out the little beach to see if it's ok . The dog loves the same but not the water. Just being alone for a bit sounds good.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, all. The sun is back after 3 rainy/cloudy days. I took off Sunday and Monday--just needed a break. Yesterday I overdid the jogging portion of my walk/jog routine. Oops. But I'll be fine--today I will just walk and get back to doing my PT exercises for back and new. My PT gave me new ones for my back and abs--can hardly do them, but we knew that would happen. The old ones were getting too easy. I look forward to saying that about this new set.

I have weighed exactly the same for 3 days in a row, and that never happens, haha. My body fat% went up at same weight today, but that really just means I have more inflammation and water retention from jogging yesterday. I expect to show the same for a couple of days and then it will flush out and I should see actual weight loss again.

Heading to the DP for walk #1 now. Have a good one, folks.
  • Wulfendire
    Wulfendire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm a returning MFP user looking for some friends, encouragement, and support.

Today's a super nice day where I live so I'm hoping to get outside for a walk after I fix up something to eat. Those quiche look really good! Maybe I'll try making those. :smiley:

All the rain we had the past few days where I live caused my Fibro and POTS to flare so I need to take it easy today in order to not overdue it and cause myself to flare again. That's gonna be hard with how nice it is. I would really love to stay outside for the rest of the day and walk through the woods and along the river.

So far, I've been pretty good with staying under my calorie goal. I'm hoping I can keep this going.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Seems I am doing so well at work that I get to learn something new! Darn!! I am trying to ignore my boss.

Ravenclaw is that your cat??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Lana if those muffins include rice it would have more "body" than a recipe I have used and that would have helped the recipe -

Training with boss, and with any luck lead, this morning. Boss gets insulting when it is 1:1. Key today is to take notes and make sure I get it right before I end training.

Dog is up and fed and I hope to get her a nice walk this morning - she was sleeping yesterday and I did not want to disturb her.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

This rain and gloom seems never-ending; this is day 4 of 5 of these literally dark days. It's affecting me too much. 😔

BBL

Lana

255.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal