Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested, Scentsy has a great new Summer Collection coming out Monday the 11th...the new scents sound yummy...

https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/12067806/stacis-super-scentsy-breakout
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Sounds like folks had a nice Saturday. I drove 45 min to a dog park I had heard was a 5 mile loop; nope, just one mile. So the dogs and I did about 3, and then 2 later this evening, for 5 total. It felt really good. Right about 60F and sunny and breezy. Tomorrow is supposed to be 50s and rain, so I probably won't go out quite so long--mud on the dogs is such a pain. I may leave them home and add a few miles on my own. They will hate that :)

I got to Zoom with my mom; she's pretty bored so I'm going to step up the calls.

Looking forward to some shopping for veggies tomorrow. Lana, I'm going to try steaming; that sounds great.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Happy Mother's Day! I just wish instead of flowers and food families would say things like - I will clean house for June.

I buy jewelry - semi precious stones - twice a year and normally they would come to the work place. I happened to come across them live online and so I am able to get pieces. I cannot tell you where my favorite purple pendant is (I have it but finding it.....) so it is nice to get another pendant of the same stone. Now I get to learn how to use paypal....

Dog is fed and at my feet. Not too much on tap today which is appreciated. Cooking is a must but nothing I am going to make is complicated.

Found out my eatery I go to on Saturday makes a real decadent cheesecake. It may become a "twice a year" item.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Lana- hope you are feeling better and if it’s your meds, you are able to get them straightened out..

Sara- the Blue Angels are a wonderful tribute...but, they are spending a lot of money for these fly by’s...we have not seen them, here...the air force base they fly out of, is only about 1 1/2 hrs from us...but, we seem to not be in their flight path sadly..

Aw Dawn, that is a bummer.
    I hope that that changes, and you get to see them soon!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good morning All~~ Happy Mothers Day! 💖

Gorgeous weather here - very important for my mental health.

Maureen, sorry to hear about the rain. Good about Zooming with your Mom.

Sara - I bet that most mothers would just love to get a phone call from their adult children more often. Cleaning the house would be bonus though! 😊

I found a site called TrailRunProject.com
    It has helped me find more trails around Chapel Hill, and I've put a plan together for my walk today.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

255.0 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's day to all even if it is just mother to our furry friends. Lana, it wasn't the generic med itself for me it was the different filler. Glad you're checking in with the doctor. Relax and watch the caffeine for now. Beautiful day today and the powers that be have divorced our county from Philadelphia and we will go from red to yellow. Small step but at least it's a forward step. Waves to all.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Greetings and Happy Mother's Day to all with any babies--grown, furry, or otherwise.

Not all of us know each other really well. Can folks post their "babies," using initials or whatever else makes you feel comfortable, so we know who you consider your children?

Me: Quentin, 30-works full time in cyber security; Cole, 22--in college; Raleigh, 18 (adopted from Cambodia)--in high school. And while you know about my pups, you may not know I have 2 cats, both around 3.5-4 years old--Evil Olive and Kitty. Rescued from shelter life.

We had snow this morning, but it didn't stick and then turned to rain. I'm going to head out to my local foot trail--I can do 4 miles and no one will be out there but us die-hards. Still deciding about taking Skye though. Maybe I can get my daughter to bathe her if I take her. Poor Radar won't get to go--but he absolutely HATES getting wet, so in the long run, I'm doing him a favor. He just won't be able to appreciate it. And we are off into wet, warmer weather this week (by Wednesday), so IDK what I'm going to do with him--or the extra mess even if it's just Skye. I guess I'd better hook up the hose and rinse/dry them off after the DP now once it's warm enough. Gotta dig out the dog towels for drying them after.

Sara, I'm planning on having the Adam's Fudge Ripple Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory today. I skipped it for my birthday. It puts me back about 3 days on weight loss, but I don't give a *kitten*. It's worth it.

I'd love if my kids cleaned more, but they at least have learned to leave the mess in their own rooms and not pile up dishes in the kitchen. I have a cleaning lady 2-3 times/month that Quentin pays for--best gift ever. The house stays pretty nice except for dog hair and dog dirt, so I take care of that on a daily basis.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m looking for an active group to be part of and this one looks good! I’m definitely a serial starter, having done a mixture of ww, sw and mfp over the last few years, but never got to goal. I’m 36 and live in Ireland and have been gaining weight since work finished up about 8 weeks ago. Found out I won’t be back til September and I can’t keep eating and drinking the way I have been these past few weeks! So trying to motivate myself! It’s so hard! Have about 20lbs to lose to target. Hope you don’t mind me hopping on your bandwagon here!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tazzy. Ireland is on my bucket list. Good group here. I haven't been here very long. Glad you came.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    cheeseburger casserole in oven, I had to talk myself into cooking this late in the hot day, but it is not a hard recipe.

tazzy, you are very welcome to stop by when you can. We are dealing with covid-itis - gaining weight from covid stress - (that's my latest excuse). Baby steps - drink one more glass of water than you usually do etc. A couple of us keep us accountable for how many steps we want to get in - not a competition just someone to answer to.

Speaking of which a friend from work came by and I have 6k of steps today nice improvement.

Cooling trend is much appreciated - cannot whine 100 plus in summer, but it is only May.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay my total came to over 7k steps and I hope that means I sleep well!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale is not higher than usual, and for that I am grateful.

Got my greeting cards done last night - so today's chore is pet store for Miss T and cooking. My last 3 day weekend from the furlough. Memorial Day is a holiday and June 1 I have an apt. Pooey on Mrs Monster (my boss).

With summer looming on the horizon, any change in exercise or food?

Dog is up and fed (little diva this morning) so back for more zzz for me.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • tazzy2911
    Options
    I’ve set myself a target to walk 30km this week...did just over 3 this morning so I’ll try get out for another walk later
    I’m back logging all my food and trying to cut out the snacks and alcohol that have become daily habits...warned hubby there will be sugar withdrawal mood swings!!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Welcome Tazzy!

As per Maureen's request, I have no children and I have no fur babies. I live alone, and I am grateful every day for the little creatures in my back yard.

Sara - this summer my change in exercise will be trading water exercise for some of the walks. It gets hot and humid very early in the morning here in NC.
    Thank you for the hysterical card with the wrinkle puppies! 🙏🏻💖

Yesterday I made my activity goal, Yay! I went on a trail that I had never walked before--almost got lost!
    My food was not on program though.

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

255.0 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all,

Answering Maureen's request also.

My daughter, Kayla, turned 30 yesterday. Works for a finance company and is going to LPN school at night. This is her third and final run at higher education. She understands if she bombs it this time, she has to give up and be content making a living with whatever jobs come her way.

My stepson, Roger, is also 30, but is exactly 9 months older than my daughter. He failed a grade so they were in the same grade in high school. That made for a very expensive Senior year. He is an Army Veteran and a Police Officer for the largest city in our county. Roger is married to Rachel. He adopted her son, Jake, and they have a daughter, Tensley.

I have another stepson, Logan. He and his father have been estranged for over 20 years.

Fur babies are Toxin, Bobo, and Itty Bitty. Toxin is an orange and white tomcat. His person is my significant other. The other two, Bobo (a male tabby) and Itty Bitty (a female dilute calico munchkin), belong to my daughter. However, she lives with her boyfriend who has dogs so the cats stay with me. She and Itty Bitty never bonded. Itty became my cat almost instantly.

I also have lots of squirrels and rabbits in my back yard.

Minor progress has been made in the eating arena. Scale is irrelevant for now.

Oh. I did buy two new pairs of jeans Saturday. Now I have something to wear to work.

• tazzy2911
    Options
    I’ve no kids but have 2 dogs. Roxy is 10 and Alfie is 5. They drive me insane but I couldn’t be without them!!!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Tazzy - welcome! What breed of dogs?
    My mom career- Rose - 28 Married, in Denver. Danielle - 23 - married lives in nearby town. Clayton - 20 lives at home, works fulltime. All three are great kids. Most of you lived through my stress of two weddings 7 months apart. I have been eating ever since :) Thankfully son is not even engaged! OH and Maggie - 2 lives at home and begs for food all the time (lab).
    Did some garden work over weekend despite the cold. Cleaned out an area that will be a new flower/shrub bed. Not sure what I will put in it.
    Waves to Lana, Sarah, Dawn, Tracey and Maureen! Also hello to all who stop by!
    Lynn
  • tazzy2911
    Options
    Hi lynn,
    Alfie is a Yorkshire terrier and we’re not 100% sure about Roxy! She’s foxy looking! we think a bit of a Pom in there somewhere!!
    2 weddings in 7 months! 🤯
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tazzy - LOL yes and the last wedding occurred on 3/14- The US "shut down" the week after! Crazy! But it was all ok and we pulled it off! :smiley:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Done with errand and outside to do list.

Cooking is left.

Maureen, just me and Miss T (see picture) 16 year old black white long haired chihuahua. Spoiled and sometimes demanding dog,but she is a sweetheart.