Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Dawn - I would NOT pass up a taco truck either! I too am a gardener. Have most of my garden in and looking forward to reaping the rewards. Lots of work though.
    Sara - great job on the 0 rework! I agree that people are going bonkers. Common sense would go along way in this day and age.
    Lana - enjoy the pumpkin loop!
    Maureen - bad bosses= toxic. Hard to work in that situation. happens in too many places. But you are right...sometimes working with what you know vs a worse unknown is hard. don't forget when you look at new places talk to the staff - you will be able to get a good idea of bosses from them.
    Have a great weekend all! Waves to whoever pops in.
    I made 0 progress on my goals this week. Geesh!
    Lynn

CW 194
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Dawn - once a week taco truck?? Heck yes!!!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been mourning the absence of taco trucks on every corner for nearly 4 years now. There are none near me :(

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness it's Friday! Blah Feel like i'm breaking the rules, but i'm going to visit family, this weekend... going to keep my distance... yes, I worry about Gma... but, I think she may actually be going for surgery... and, I just want to spend time with her...(first surgeon decided he wouldn't do surgery. He couldn't guarantee she wouldn't need colostomy bag and she refused. 2nd opinion, is pretty confident in himself to not cause need for bag)

Sara- great job on no mistakes... happy dance!

Lana- hope you had a good walk... "pumpkin loop" just makes me smile...I need a pumpkin loop....

Lynn- tomorrow's a new day... yer 1 step ahead of me, I don't even have goals set...hehe... you'll get there... hugs

The Taco truck was amazing as always! Definitely worth the wait! They have sold out of food each day, since they opened...3 days... heck yeah! Just glad we got there in time... this is their 3rd season... food trucks have been popping up, last few years... it's nice, cuz we have about 4 places to go for lunch...I only eat Subway.. so, Mexican is a great change. I am torn, which of my food choices is best... sometimes, I get 2 crunchy chicken tacos ( I just LOVE the crunchy.. not gonna change that) or, a chicken burrito bowl... the bowl is HUGE and I get 3 meals out of it... it is so filling...decisions decisions...lol
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dawn go and visit your gma- wear a mask and wash your hands practically all the time. I am glad the Dr has found an option that both pt/dr can agree on - hopefully as he operates he can deliver on his plan (sometimes when they get in there it is a different story but that is like 5%). Will consider to support the decision with good thoughts.

Taco Truck? I can pass one - ice cream truck? Probably not. Add a little more exercise the week and it wont feel like you ate bricks.....If $$ plays a part get the burrito bowl and a single size bag of tortilla chips. Crush a 1/3 onto each bowl and you wont miss the crunch as much - but let us know (I live a very boring life...)

I am sorry I made one mistake yesterday - two mistakes in two weeks and I processed almost 1500 cases so she can take her shots and kiss my grits (1970's sitcom reference).

Pumpkin loop? Are there pumpkins growing or is it a shape of a pumpkin? I got over 5k yesterday and that took doing.

I want to make beef stroganoff but I am tired of using hamburger, will see what they have at the store as they may have nothing. I do have hamburger if it comes to that.

Dog to groomers and Vet today - she doesnt know it yet, and she might even thank me afterwards

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. Another lovely spring day in WI--we get too few. I started some jogging this week and my whole body is tired again :) I'm going to walk in the flat dog park today--no hills, no jogging. It will be rainy tomorrow so I will walk my local loop ('way fewer people when it rains, hahaha) and put in a bit of jogging. The dogs won't get to come, though. Too much work to monitor their training when I'm pushing myself a bit. I do need to figure out how to do their training (leash work) and still get enough exercise for all of us. Thank goodness my eldest came home; he can help out.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options

Peep!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Rain for today/tomorrow but not all day.

Will go to store to buy some items for food closet, it is down the street from Church so I will pick up an item or 2 for myself.

I intended to get one piece of chocolate cheesecake but got two yesterday. They are rich THIN slices luckily.

Makings for Beef Stroganoff to cook in crock pot today. Otherwise a much quieter day than yesterday and it is appreciated.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there,
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara

I need to read back several days - catch up on everybody's goings on.

Also, I need to find something to spark my interest again, to challenge me to take weight loss seriously, and stop eating like I don't care.....well, to make myself care. It's all so old now.

Maybe I can try to do just this one week, May 17 to 24th?
    Ugh.

Lana

256.2 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Rainy but not too bad. Can't decide how much mess I want to deal with--dog park or no. Radar has diarrhea (sorry if TMI) so maybe no for him. Skye can go on loop trail with me--leashed. We will see. I'm not very motivated to do anything right now.

How is everyone holding up? We are in chaos out here in WI, b/c idiots are not observing any safety rules after our partisan Supreme Court struck down the extension of the Health and Safety order. Someone even told a friend of mine that the SC decision means there is no more threat. OMG. People are so F*CKING stupid. Sorry--it is so irritating. Businesses are not enforcing safety measures either. My county is fine--the county issued an order to fill in for the Governor's. But viruses don't stop at county lines, and I have to fly to take care of mom after sis has surgery.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Of course there is a threat. There will always be one, just like influenza. Maybe someday it will be eradicated like smallpox in the meantime we need to make wise choices and not let the fear control our lives. We lose more people to the flu but we don't let it rule out lives. Yes, it's scary but somehow we must intelligently move forward.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Maureen your rant over people not using common sense is not limited to your part of the country so to be frustrated and worried about flying etc is justified. Get the N95 mask wash everything around you on plane with 70% isopropyl alcohol ( I use the prep pads people use for diabetic testing) when do you need to go to FLA?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Okay week, here I am. Not really prepared to face you again, but I dont really have any choice.

Got over 7k steps yesterday volunteering for the food donation on Tuesday. Met a couple more nice people while we were waiting for cars to drive up and donate. Colder and breeze made it bearable with all the work. Sitting in the sun and baking is not something I enjoy doing.

How are you all doing? Ready to face the week? Any new plans to add something to your healthy lifestyle?

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Sara - I am ready to face the week: I need to plan food shopping in order to stay on program. I'm craving salads, can you believe it?
    I am wishing you a successful week "at work". Are you working from home this week? Or do you have to go in to the office?
    Also, the weather map shows that you and my sister are getting rain - big green blobs over CA.

Maureen, I think that masks are required of all people on airplanes now, and that should help a great deal. Hopefully the seating will be "distanced". Wash all of your clothes and wipe down your bags once you get to Florida.
    When do you go?

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy in TN and Kathryn and Holly and Runa and Saltine and Missy and anyone else who stops by to say hello later on~~

Lana 🌺

255.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 goal
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have this uncanny knack for expressing what no one wants to hear. Sorry if I offend.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Holly~~

I think that we're good.

I think that I should personally do whatever I can to protect myself and to protect people that I come in contact with, since I don't know if I carry it. 😊

One day at a time.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    One day at a time is correct. Those turn into weeks, months years and in the end if we all look back, we have LOTS to be thankful for! That is the key - don't forget to remember what you have to be thankful for.
    Me and my bloated body - this week: my fitness tracking watch is on. Will get my steps in. I will make wise choices for food. I can feel my body is not happy with my choices. I got this!
    Sara - two mistakes - that is peanuts. When I use my 2 digit calculater 2/1500 doesn't even register as a decimal. It is less than 1% You ROCK!
    Waves to Holly, Lana, Maureen, Dawn, Tracy and all others. Make this day/week a great one!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Took care to an uncovered parking spot hoping for another downpour....

• mkculs13
    Options
    holly1283 wrote: »
    Of course there is a threat. There will always be one, just like influenza. Maybe someday it will be eradicated like smallpox in the meantime we need to make wise choices and not let the fear control our lives. We lose more people to the flu but we don't let it rule out lives. Yes, it's scary but somehow we must intelligently move forward.

Sorry, but that's just not true. We average between 40,000-75,000 flu deaths/year and are well over 80,000 in 3, 3.5 months of Covid. Fear isn't controlling anyone I know--compassion is. I'd be happier to get this if I knew I would then be immune. But I certainly don't want to take it to others less likely to survive, including children with health conditions.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Day two of NO intentional exercise. I just decided to take a break and rest and see how I do without extra cals provided by exercises. Yesterday I had eaten 3/4ths of my cals by 11:30 am, and still finished under goals. Doing fine today. I will resume walking tomorrow when it's warm again. Tired of the chill.